2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- Apartments with south windows
- Apartments with northern windows
- Apartments with east windows
- Apartments with western windows
When buying a house, it is worth considering - it is much better to have the windows of the apartment open. Indeed, with sufficient illumination, you can save on electricity. In addition, a person living in a brighter room is more likely to have a good mood, because light promotes the production of serotonin, the hormone of happiness.
When deciding which side the windows should face in the apartment, focus on your lifestyle. For example, if you are a morning person and are used to going to bed early, then the best option is the windows to the east, because in the evening the sun's rays will not interfere with sleep, and in the morning the rising sun will wake you up. For "owls" the western side is more suitable: in the early morning the sun will not wake up, and the evening will be brightened up by the rays of the setting sun.
It is impossible to unequivocally answer the question "Which side is better for the windows to face". It is necessary to take into account the individual rhythm of life, personal wishes, requirements and even marital status.
Apartments with south windows
Windows on the southern sides of the building are a guaranteed source of natural light and heat in the apartment. This will especially delight florists, because flowers and seedlings grow well. Buildings with southern windows are especially suitable for people who spend all day at home - parents with children, retirees, people who work from home. Under the influence of sunlight, pathogens reduce their activity, therefore, if one person is sick, then the rest of the family can avoid the disease.
Unfortunately, on the sunny side, walls, furniture upholstery and screens of household appliances quickly fade. Blinds, roman blinds, black out curtains will help here. In summer, an air conditioner will save you from the heat in such an apartment. It will be a big plus if shady trees grow under the windows: without shading the premises in winter, they will save the summer from the heat. Protect from the heat and the presence of loggias and balconies.
The apartment with windows to the south is a little warmer in the autumn-spring time, when the heating is not yet turned on or has already been turned off due to the fact that the walls are warming up from the sun.
INTERESTING! Basically, satellites that provide telecommunications services "hang" above the equator, so if you want to use satellite TV, then an exit to the south is an ideal option for an antenna.
Apartments with northern windows
For lovers of semi-darkness and people who find it difficult to endure the heat, apartments with windows to the north, north-east or north-west are recommended. In such a room, even on cloudless days, due to a lack of light, it is sufficiently darkened, the sun's rays will not blind the eyes, and it will always be cool, even in hot summer. This is also true for people who are engaged in photography, painting, programming, and design.
The problem of increasing the illumination of the apartment, if necessary, can always be solved by the correct selection of wallpaper and artificial lighting.
Apartments with east windows
The most versatile window arrangement. The rising sun sets you in a good mood in the morning. In the evening, the sun no longer bothers. An ideal indoor climate is created - not hot in summer, not cold in winter.
With east windows, there may be a lack of sunlight in the afternoon, but for a bedroom where people relax after work, solar lighting is not relevant.
Florists will appreciate the apartment with eastern windows - the plants will grow beautifully, because sunlight will be enough for them.
Apartments with western windows
The sun's rays fall at a lower angle than in the south, and therefore better illuminate rooms. The room does not heat up in the heat, it is moderately dark. After work, you can enjoy the beautiful sunset view.
It's good when the kitchen windows face west, after work until late evening, you can turn off the light until the sun sets over the horizon.
The best option is when the windows face all sides. The north and west sides are suitable for work rooms, kitchens, change houses, bathrooms and offices. In bedrooms, it is better to have windows facing east or west. A large number of windows on the south side guarantee good natural lighting and warmth. Place a nursery or living room in this room.
- Keep in mind that sometimes the view from the window matters more than which side the windows face.
- Consider the number of storeys. The lower the apartment is, the less illuminated it is. The shape of the room is also important - the square ones are considered the most illuminated, and the "pencil cases" rooms are usually darker.
- The number of windows is also important. Many modern two-room apartments have three windows, which increases the illumination.
- So that the windows do not obscure neighboring large objects.
- It is good that the windows have widened window openings in width and height. Panoramic windows are also interesting. Glazing of balconies and loggias from floor to ceiling will add illumination.
- It is desirable that there is no busy road, tram or railway tracks, shopping centers, supermarkets or nightclubs near the house. The noise from the parking lot and air conditioning does not contribute to a good rest. It is desirable that the windows overlook the river, lake, forest or park.
Therefore, everyone individually chooses for themselves the view from the window, depending on the needs and capabilities.