2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- Interior lighting options
- Multilevel lighting
- Wall lighting
- Bottom light
- Movable lamps
- Types of light sources
- Lighting features in different rooms
- Choosing lighting for the living room
- How to choose a light in the bedroom
- Lighting rules for the kitchen
- Bathroom lighting design
The correct use of lighting fixtures in an apartment is not only a well thought out design, but also an improvement in the quality of life. The comfort and naturalness of the optimally selected light sources creates a pleasant atmosphere in the room and does not strain the eyes. In addition to the usual type of lighting, today you can pick up many types of ceiling design without a chandelier. A carefully thought-out lighting scheme is a complex process that requires a special approach.
Interior lighting options
Even if the furniture is well-chosen in the room, the colors and their compatibility are correctly chosen, and high-quality materials are used, there will be no completeness in the absence of a ceiling lighting design for the apartment. This little touch that sums up the overall style of the room.
In addition to using a conventional ceiling chandelier, modern designers and technologists have developed other types of lighting in the apartment. With the advent of new lighting devices, creating your own design has become much easier.
Gaining popularity in recent years, thanks to the expansion of possibilities in the design of rooms. This is a good alternative to a ceiling without a chandelier. Among the advantages of this type are easy organization of space and division into zones. Multi-level light allows you to highlight the parts of the room that you want to emphasize.
An obvious plus is a large number of light sources that allow you to organize lighting on the ceiling without a chandelier. Convenient adjustment, the ability to use dimmers are also advantages.
The use of wall sconces has been known since time immemorial. Such lamps are installed for comfortable reading or in order to briefly illuminate a certain part of the room. Sconces allow you to create a modern design for lighting an apartment, while they can be combined with a ceiling light. The luminaire market allows you to choose a device of any desired shape.
The choice of this option is suitable for ultra-trendy interior styles, when bottom lighting is simply necessary. In this case, special requirements are put forward for the devices: they must be waterproof, sealed and resistant to damage. In order not to waste energy, neon lights or LEDs are most often used for the built-in bottom light.
This design option for lighting rooms is used when there is an idea to change the direction of the light beam. Among such devices, there are movable ceiling lamps, swivel sconces, track lighting systems.
The combination of several types of lighting in an apartment at once creates a feeling of comfort and reduces eye strain.
Types of light sources
Among lamps emitting a luminous flux, the following options are widely used today:
- Incandescent lamps are the most common option, although they are to some extent a relic of the past. The inexpediency of their use lies in the huge consumption of electricity, and a short service life. The design of a ceiling without a chandelier does not provide for their use, although they are available;
- Halogen lamps are distinguished by their bright light and the ability to create different color shades. They are small in size and also have a long service life. Well suited for the design of lighting an apartment using spotlights.
- Fluorescent lamps - used in industrial plants and commercial real estate. The price-performance ratio adds advantages to them, but their use in the design of ceiling lighting is impractical.
- Energy saving lamps are a widely popular type of light bulbs that allow for good energy savings. Like other types of light sources, they can have cold and warm light, and their operating hours are much longer than that of incandescent lamps.
- LED lamps are a well-proven light source today. Such bulbs are used everywhere for the choice of lighting design: built-in lighting, spot, decorative, landscape. Due to their low power consumption, durability and safety, technologists predict that these lamps will completely capture the market in the next 10 years.
Lighting features in different rooms
Having decided on the type of lamps, you need to figure out how to choose the right lighting design for rooms in an apartment.
Choosing lighting for the living room
Before you start choosing the right lighting, it is important to consider factors such as the height of the ceilings, the area of the room and the style of the interior. Some options for lighting the living room:
- Where the work area is, it is best to place a bright light source, such as a desk lamp.
- You need to use a floor lamp in a recreation area - this will create the effect of tranquility, thanks to the dimmed light.
- To give shape to interior items, you can use LED spot lighting with a ceiling without a chandelier. This way you can highlight specific areas of the room.
- The main light is always bright and should occupy the entire perimeter of the ceiling, but you should also take care of additional lighting, because the living room is a place for receiving guests and resting.
The selected lighting fixtures should be in harmony with the main style of the room and be combined with each other. The modern design of apartment lighting, which consumers choose, allows you to choose almost any type of lamp.
Do not use a chandelier if the ceilings are low. You can use multi-level lighting and sconces. The design of the ceiling lighting will depend on the personal preferences of the owners, as well as on the pre-planned style of the living room.
How to choose a light in the bedroom
It is not at all necessary to use a chandelier in the ceiling lighting in the bedroom. This technique is gradually beginning to fall out of use in interiors, or it is skillfully combined with other types of lighting.
The bedroom requires special lighting: this is the place where a person rests and puts himself in order. The lighting scheme should be thought out according to the needs of the owners. Ceiling decoration without a chandelier implies the use of other lighting fixtures. Here are some tips for lighting your bedroom:
- The main characteristic of light is its saturation, so choose not only ceiling lighting, but also wall lighting.
- You can intensify the lighting at the head of the bed, at the mirrors and the dressing table.
- Use table lamps that match the style of your bedroom. These can be chandeliers, lampshade lamps or crystal lamps.
- The design of a ceiling without a chandelier usually implies the use of point light; choose LED bulbs for it.
- To free up the aisles, you can pick up wall lamps.
- Lighting of furniture is also important: in order not to wake up other family members and be able to change clothes, lighting is installed in wardrobes and wardrobe systems.
- Do not forget about decorative lighting - with its help you can create coziness and good mood.
Lighting rules for the kitchen
Lighting design for an apartment is the right choice of light for all its premises. The kitchen is not an exception. There is also a set of nuances for this room that make the pastime enjoyable:
- Use several light sources at once, so you can not only create a favorable atmosphere for the eyes, but also reduce energy costs.
- Pay due attention to the kitchen unit - cabinet elements can be supplemented with built-in lighting.
- If the kitchen is small, use spotlights or rail systems. With them, you can change the angle of illumination, depending on the situation.
- LED strip is one way of decorative and practical lighting in the kitchen. It can be used to frame both wall cabinets and a countertop or wall panel. In this case, you do not have to turn on the main light, for example, at night.
Bathroom lighting design
Fixtures in the bathroom will not only fulfill their main function, but also decorate the interior. When choosing a bathroom lighting design, stick to these features:
- Do not oversaturate the room with light: if the room is small, then there should be few lamps in it.
- Highlight the main areas: cabinet with mirror, washbasin, bathtub.
- You can arrange lighting on the ceiling without a chandelier. For this, ceiling lights and recessed spots are used. They will fit much better into any bathroom interior.
- If the bath is made in a monochromatic style, you can "paint" it a little by choosing colored shades for lighting fixtures.
- Decorative lighting can be arranged around the perimeter of the bathroom bowl.
A skillful combination of the main ceiling and additional lighting will help create a comfortable atmosphere in the apartment, and correctly selected lighting fixtures will harmoniously fit into the finished interior.