2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- What is the entrance lobby?
- What materials are used to create an entrance group?
- What glasses are used?
- What are the types of entrance groups?
- What entrance groups are used most often?
Glass entrances are used not only for shops and commercial organizations, but also for residential buildings. They make the entrance much more interesting, more original, they are able to transmit a large amount of light, therefore the use of artificial lighting is not required in the corridors. Thanks to such an entrance group, the facade of a private cottage can be made original, catchy.
What is the entrance lobby?
Glass entrance groups are a complex structure that is the central element of the facade. It not only serves as an entrance to the premises, but also greatly influences the style of architecture. The entrance lobby must meet the following requirements:
- Ease of use. The width and height should be convenient for removing furniture, household appliances, and other items of large dimensions.
- Weather protection. One of the tasks of the entrance group is to protect against drafts, precipitation, cold.
- The ability to insulate heat.
- Buffer between the street and the room. This ensures that most of the dirt remains outside.
- Protection from uninvited guests.
Input groups contain the following elements:
- Door: it can have one or more leaves, be equipped with additional glass.
- The area in front of the entrance. Most often it is a miniature track of various designs.
- Porch or steps. The use of a guardrail or handrail is acceptable.
- There should be a canopy above the porch; often a lantern is hung to illuminate the area in front of the entrance.
- Some groups have special systems to protect the entrance from dirt.
The entrance group of double-glazed windows can be decorated as follows:
- Equipped with balustrades or railings.
- Columns can be used as decoration.
- Ladders of varying difficulty and height.
- Parts containing forged elements.
- Various decorative elements and devices, including pendants.
What materials are used to create an entrance group?
A variety of materials can be used. Their choice depends on the customer's budget, climatic conditions, building style in general. In order for the entrance group to look harmonious, you must follow some rules:
- Entrance groups made of wood are well suited for a brick building.
- If the style is joint or modern, metal-plastic products will look good.
Tip: if you want to style the entrance group under a tree, but the natural material does not suit you, you can purchase a plastic structure laminated under a tree.
- For the visor, you should choose the same color and material from which the roof of the entire structure is made.
- The selection of a staircase requires special attention, since this element must correspond in style not only to the entrance group as a whole, but also to the entrance door, the wall of the house and the style of architecture in general.
- The railings must correspond to the material of the entrance group itself. For example, if it is wooden, metal will be out of place.
What glasses are used?
The glazing of the entrance groups is made using special glass. There are several types of materials, among which the following are popular:
- Triplex is a glass consisting of an adhesive film and several glasses. Differs in high durability and absence of fragments when breaking.
- Toughened glass: highly durable compared to conventional glass.
- Optivite: glass capable of transmitting maximum light without distorting space and colors.
- Double-glazed window: used about the same as for plastic windows.
- Armored - a particularly durable type of thick glasses that are glued to each other. They have a large mass, differ in thickness. The most durable models can withstand a shot from a firearm.
- In addition, glasses are distinguished that have special types of darkening, which allows you to protect the building from unnecessary ultraviolet rays, this is important if you do not want the corridor facing the south side to overheat or the neighbors have the opportunity to look into your house through transparent glass.
What are the types of entrance groups?
Most often, the entrance groups are transparent, however, their designs can differ significantly from each other. The arched shape of doors is often used, the configurations may differ, as well as the dimensions of the group as a whole.
Entrance groups are structurally divided into two categories: with a vestibule and without it. Double-glazed windows for both types can be used single, double-chamber, both ordinary and tempered glass are applicable. Many buyers prefer triplex.
Advice: if your doors can be subjected to increased stress, children or pets live in the house, it is better not to save money and install a triplex. It will be able to withstand the physical impact, and if the glass still succeeds in breaking, no one will be injured by small fragments, since they will remain on the film.
Decorative and protective entrance groups are also a separate subtype of structures. Decorative ones are used in places where the probability of breaking is low. If you want to protect your home from thieves, you can use protective or decorative protective structures. The peculiarity of the latter is that they successfully combine the ability to protect a house from burglary, while having an attractive appearance.
What entrance groups are used most often?
Despite the abundance of choice, the following designs are most popular:
- A cheap option with a canopy fixed to the wall of the house and a PVC door. There is no porch and steps, often no stairs required.
- The aluminum structure can have any additional elements and a different level of complexity, on which the price depends.
- Plastic. It costs less than an aluminum counterpart, it can include various elements, polycarbonate is used instead of glass.
- Glass. Differs in external attractiveness. Glass is usually large, but inferior in strength to triplex.
- Wooden. Well suited for stone and brick buildings, has an attractive appearance, requires protection from moisture and pests.
Conclusion: glass entrance groups, due to their variety, will help create an individual style, distinguish your structure from similar ones, and protect it from cold and dirt.