2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- The virtues of a two-tone design
- Bathroom design tricks in different colors
- Main color selection
- Choosing a geometric shape
- Selection of the necessary furniture and plumbing
- Choice of lighting and accessories in the bathroom
Every morning every person begins with a visit to the bathroom. This place is one of the main rooms where we put ourselves in order, wake up from sleep, and relax after a working day. Our mood depends on what surrounds us, so the interior of the bathroom should inspire a working spirit in the morning. Bathroom design in black and white is an original solution that has its own characteristics and secrets in the design.
The virtues of a two-tone design
Stylish and elegant are the main features of the bathroom in black and white. However, the presence of these shades will not be enough, they should also be harmoniously combined with each other. The presence of decorative details is also required, because it makes the interior richer. In general, the union of black and white is popular for bathroom decoration.
The main advantages of black and white design are:
- Classics of style. These two colors will never go out of fashion, so they always find adherents among people who decide to design a room in this style;
- Regardless of the chosen interior style - minimalism, hi-tech or classicism, black and white colors will always fit into any design;
- Black and white are antagonistic colors, they create a contrast, so they easily lend themselves to any design decisions;
- If you correctly place accents, and prioritize white, you can achieve a visual expansion of the bathroom;
- It is recommended to use decorative accessories, provided that they are not particularly bright in color, so as not to distract attention from the style of the bathroom;
If, on the contrary, you want to draw attention to a certain object in the room, it will be enough to make it any other color, and it will immediately stand out favorably among the entire interior.
Bathroom design tricks in different colors
If it was decided on your own to draw up an interior design, you need to know several features that will make it harmonious. It is important to decide which of the two colors will be the dominant tone. Designers recommend resorting to a few interior tweaks.
Main color selection
When determining the dominant color, pay attention to the dimensions of the bathroom. Even if you have a small room, there are many options to visually enlarge it and make it attractive. First, choose white as the dominant color. Black, on the other hand, although insignificantly, can still create the illusion of losing some space.
If the bathroom has impressive dimensions, you can use black as the main color. According to experts, black is able to highlight the walls very elegantly and become a beneficial backdrop for additional decor. However, do not overdo it with the use of this color, because then the bathroom will take on a mournful look.
The dominant color of the tile does not have to be solid. Do not forget that today there are many options for tiles with patterns. In this case, an ornament or drawing will successfully dilute the contrast of two opposite colors. Also, using the pattern, you can create a visible border between the bathroom areas.
Choosing a geometric shape
Changing the geometric shapes of the bathroom is not that difficult. The design of a room can be started from the floor surface.
- Staggered tiles on the floor are traditional and will always look good. With a small bathroom area, designers advise to lay the floor not straight, but diagonally. Such a maneuver will visually expand the floor space.
- Another good option for combining black and white colors is laying tiles on the floor in the form of a carpet: for example, a black edging around the perimeter of the bathroom, then a square of tiles containing a patterned ornament, and lay out the middle of the so-called "rug" in white.
To make the walls visually longer, you can decorate them with different colors: two opposite walls are white, the other two are black tiles. Another trick: use contrasting stripes in the design of the walls and thus visually make them higher. This will add rigor and expressiveness to the interior of the room.
If the apartment has low ceilings, then it makes no sense to make them even lower and use a dark color in the decoration. To do this, just use white waterproof ceiling paint. White will always create the illusion of magnification;
There are also some features that will arise with a black and white interior. First of all, it is the soiled white color. Of course, the bathroom is the place where there is mostly no dirt, since there is constant access to water. However, be prepared to regularly wipe down the surface of the white tile.
Black furniture and plumbing fixtures also require careful maintenance. For example, if you do not wash off the remains of detergents from black plumbing, then streaks will remain on it, which looks ugly. Also, on black objects, settled dust is very clearly visible.
When choosing ceramic tiles, do not give preference to budget options, it is better to choose products from reputable manufacturers.
Selection of the necessary furniture and plumbing
Black and white sanitary ware is widely represented in sanitary ware stores, so there will be no problems finding it. Do not overlook the option of making custom-made bathroom furniture.
In addition to pure white and black bathtubs, you can also find extravagant black and white sanitary ware in online stores, especially freestanding bathtubs, black on the outside and white on the inside. To be sure that the colored layer on the bathtub will not rub off or scratch after a year or two uses, make sure the manufacturer has taken care of its durability. If it is an acrylic bathtub, then the black side of the bathtub should be covered with a transparent layer of acrylic on top, so that even if the bathtub gets scratched and it has to be sanded, it will not affect its color. Bathtubs made of artificial stone in black and white tones will serve for a long time and will not lose the brightness of the colors if the technology of high-temperature firing was used when staining them.
Basic rules for the selection and combination of plumbing and furniture:
- Do not install black plumbing near a wall of the same color. Such a move will not add the effect of originality to the room, but rather, on the contrary, will create a heap. All details will merge into a one-color picture, therefore, contrast is preferable;
- In some areas of the location of plumbing, zoning is possible. For example, in the place where the toilet is installed, you can use mosaic tiles laid out with decorative patterns and ornaments;
- When choosing bathroom furniture, look for glossy surfaces. Gloss looks very good among black and white designs thanks to its reflective surface.
- Stick to one storyline of the chosen design, carefully select every detail of the interior, do not rush to choose the finishing materials. It is better to plan everything in advance so that you can enjoy the result later.
Choice of lighting and accessories in the bathroom
The right lighting will help divide the bathroom into functional areas, as well as add comfort and coziness.
If the main color of the interior is black, the lighting should be abundant, otherwise the small presence of light will make the room gloomy
In addition, dimmed light will create the effect of a small bathroom. Therefore, in order to better emphasize the design you have invented, increase the number of bulbs: it can be a ceiling lamp or a wall lamp, as well as spot lighting, illumination of shelves, a cabinet with a mirror and other elements of the room.
The mirror is one of the elements that radically change the overall perception of the room. The correct placement of mirrors in the bathroom will also create the visual effect of increasing the space. There is no need to do so that the mirror reflects black elements in the bathroom: for example, cabinet fittings, shelves and other pieces of furniture. It is better that looking in the mirror you can see the reflection of white objects. You should not hang mirrors where there is simply a place for this, it is better to carefully consider the location of this important element.
Decorative accessories will also complement the bathroom interior and complement the design. It is not necessary to give preference to black and white objects, details of other colors, such as red, yellow or blue, will noticeably enliven the monochrome design of the bathroom. It is also necessary to ensure that all accessories for taking a bath - towels, bathrobes, which will be placed in a conspicuous place, harmoniously fit the interior.
Bathroom design in black and white is always an original and at the same time a strict decision to decorate a room, which will always be relevant.