2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Profile material
- Profile view
- Number of chambers with air
- Number of double-glazed windows
- Top firms
Modern windows have long been irreplaceable in our homes. Products from different manufacturers are similar in appearance to each other, but can vary greatly in performance. In this article, we'll take a look at a few recommendations from REHAU experts to find the best windows on the market.
Classic designs are made of PVC profiles reinforced with steel reinforcement. The polymer is able to withstand temperature changes and is completely safe for the health of people and animals. Polyvinylchloride unique, it can be given various shapes and colors. The highest quality windows are made of PVC profiles, free from external defects and irregularities, do not have any chemical odor. The use of modern polymers allows the window structure to serve for more than 50 years.
Profile - the product from which the windows are assembled. Experts identify several types of it, depending on the characteristics:
- Profiles 60 mm wide - they allow you to install fillings in the form of single glass 4-10 mm thick or double-glazed windows up to 32 mm thick, usually single-chamber. These windows cover the basic needs for warmth, silence and comfort. In the 90s of the last century, such systems prevailed in all markets, in comparison with wooden windows of outdated structures, they made it possible to provide significantly better living conditions, in fact, these were called "euro windows".
- Profiles with a width of 70 mm - they allow installing double-glazed windows up to 40 mm thick, this type of product provides significantly better (up to 30%) performance indicators compared to windows made of 60-mm profiles. As a rule, 2-chamber double-glazed windows are used as fillings, made using glasses with energy-saving, sun-protective or combined coatings, bullet-fire retardant complex glued glasses. Until recently, these designs remain the most common in Russia, suitable for almost any climatic conditions.
- Profiles with a width of 80 mm and more - they allow the installation of double-glazed windows up to 50 mm thick, in comparison with other constructive solutions of window systems, these systems allow providing the most technically possible performance indicators, with a large margin exceeding the regulatory requirements for all regions of Russia. Such a system has recently been mastered at REHAU production, at the end of 2017 such windows can become more affordable both in terms of production time and in price.
Number of chambers with air
Another important indicator is the number of air chambers. They keep you warm inside. In modern PVC structures, their number can reach 8 pieces. Most often there are models with 3 and 5 cameras. If you live in the south and your windows face a quiet street, you can install windows with fewer air segments.
Number of double-glazed windows
A double-glazed window is two or three glasses connected to each other by means of spacers and forming 1 or 2 cameras, hence their name is 1- or 2-chamber. Most often in Russia there is a 1-chamber double-glazed unit. Such constructions have 2 glasses, hermetically connected to each other. In northern conditions, this number of cameras may not be enough, so large manufacturers, for example, REHAU, offer warmer systems.
Before buying PVC designs, pay attention to the quality of the glass. When choosing PVC windows, give preference to those that are equipped with double-glazed windows, which include glass with combined coatings or glued glass of the "triplex" type. The light transmission of such structures changes insignificantly, but in winter and summer it is much more comfortable indoors, the costs of heating and air conditioning are significantly lower, the room is quieter and there is less risk of burglary. In conditions of a high risk of damage to the window, it is important to install windows, in the composition of double-glazed windows of which triplex glass is used. If you break it, the fragments will remain on the protective film, and will not scatter. Such designs are very popular in schools, gardens and other social institutions.
The comfort of people in the room directly depends on the quality of the seals. Now these products are made from various materials, such as:
- Synthetic rubber (rubber);
- Thermoplastic (plasticized PVC, TPE).
REHAU windows are mainly equipped with rubber and silicone seals. Silicone is the highest quality material, it is not subject to deformation due to temperature changes, unlike TPE.
REHAU experts advise you to pay special attention to accessories when buying a window. Modern double-glazed windows with thick glasses determine the large weight of the sashes; sashes can be opened more than a thousand times annually. Poor-quality fittings show themselves after a few months of use. The handles begin to dangle, blows from under the doors, and the hinges break. In order to get rid of such phenomena, choose products from well-known manufacturers such as Roto, Siegenia, Maco, GU, Winhaus. They value their reputation, therefore they sell high quality fittings, and together with the REHAU profile, you can forget about problems for decades.
If you are deciding which modern window company to choose, we recommend REHAU:
REHAU is a premium price segment, a legendary brand, a service life of more than 50 years, one of the most famous manufacturers using advanced technologies
Other manufacturers of profiles have not yet established themselves so well in our market to be sure to recommend them.
How To Choose A Quality Screw. The Concept Of The Quality Of Bolts According To GOST 7798-70, DIN Marking, Types, Designation
What the markings on DIN bolts mean, such as the markings on the bolts, its strength class and metric threads. The concept of the strength class of threaded fasteners. Features of bots marking, main types and designation of products. Classification of fasteners in accordance with GOST
Pouring a concrete screed under the floor covering, device of the dry method of leveling the floor, creating a flat surface under the laminate, dry method of preparing the base
Finishing putties from different manufacturers are presented on the market, each of which has its own characteristics and properties. Which putty mixture is the best in terms of price and quality
Alternative flooring options in a new building, dry screed installation technology, distinctive features of a "floating" floor, looking at the advice of professionals
Restoration and restoration of a wooden window - DIY instructions for repairing old wooden window frames. How to remove paint from wooden windows, how to putty, treat with linseed oil and paint