2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Features of cassette blinds, their types
- Roll structures
- Horizontal cassette structures
- Installation steps
The advent of plastic windows required the development of blinds on them. This is how cassette blinds for plastic windows appeared. They have become an alternative in stylish and functional window decoration. The ability to manufacture cassette structures in different designs can both make them invisible in the interior and accentuate attention. And the installation of this type of product will not cause much trouble.
Features of cassette blinds, their types
The type of blinds in question is a type of roller blinds. Why, then, are they called "cassette"? A cassette is a not wide, usually a plastic box, into which a curtain, assembled in a roll, is placed. This box is decoratively decorated, so it looks aesthetically pleasing and becomes an interior detail. The construction control system is also located in the cassette. Chains, cords, clamps - everything that helps to set in motion and fix the product is also in it.
Depending on the shape of the cassette, there are three types of it:
Blinds of cassette type move only along the horizon. The box is fixed at the top of the window, and the curtain drops down, perpendicular to the side window slopes.
There are two types of light protection products of this type:
- horizontal cassette.
Roller-cassette blinds on plastic windows are a fabric curtain that is wound on a roller located in a cassette.
What is the secret of the growing popularity of such blinds? Perhaps in a number of advantages that they have:
- The product can cover the entire window surface, or can only partially curtain the window, firmly fixing itself at a given height. A special strip at the bottom of the fabric helps to maintain the shape of the curtain.
- Depending on the density, fabrics may not let light into the room at all or only partially shade the room.
- It is possible to fix roller-cassette blinds to the windows separately for each sash. This will help regulate the natural light in the room.
- They are combined with ordinary tulle and curtains, which cannot be said about other types of light protection curtains.
- They do not take up much space, they are compact.
- Long term of use, especially if the product is covered with a high-quality composition that prevents fading.
- The richness of the choice of material allows you to organically fit into any interior.
- Easy care. A rag soaked in soapy water can freshen the curtain and remove stains.
Along with the advantages, there are also disadvantages. However, there are much fewer of them. The following disadvantages can be noted in use:
- The fabric surface of the product can absorb odors. This is especially true for kitchens. This is considered a disadvantage because there is no way to wash the product.
- The plastic parts of the box or the mechanism that sets the curtain in motion can break.
- A curtain fixed to the window frame inside its opening will prevent the window from opening if the blinds are closed.
The last point can be easily eliminated if the installation of the roll-cassette product is carried out on the profile of the window sash.
Horizontal cassette structures
Horizontal cassette blinds for plastic windows have a lamellar structure. The product is composed of plates (lamellae), which are most often made of plastic or aluminum, but other materials can be used.
The most popular aluminum blinds are Isolite. The plates are attached to each other with cords and strings located on the sides. The lamellas are movable, they can be controlled with a cord. They are able to rotate about the axis of the attachment, which increases or decreases the amount of light entering the room.
As well as roller shutters, horizontal cassette blinds can be rolled up and placed in a box attached to the top of the window.
This type of light protection structure also has its advantages:
- The plates that make up the blinds cannot absolutely block the flow of sunlight into the room. A little light will still penetrate the room.
- It is not necessary to fold the entire curtain to look outside. What is happening outside the window can be seen by slightly bending a couple of plates.
- The lamellas are arranged horizontally, and this makes their structure stable even in the presence of a draft or wind when the window is open. Under such conditions, vertical shutters quickly become unusable.
- Aluminum, as well as the plastic from which the products in question are most often made, does not absorb odors, which means it is good for use in the kitchen.
- No hassle to clean. It is enough to wipe them with a damp cloth.
- Installation of a remote control system is quite feasible.
- A variety of colors, the ability to apply a pattern to the surface of the product, which contributes to adaptation in the interior.
It is impossible not to note the disadvantages of horizontal structures:
- If you sharply pull on the cord that drives the curtain, it is easy to break the drive mechanism.
- Aluminum plates are not strong enough. Rubbing the planks while cleaning is likely to break the mount.
As with any work, installing cassette blinds on plastic windows requires consistent steps.
- It is important to measure correctly. If the window opening is incorrectly measured, then the finished product will not work.
Installation of cassette blinds may require drilling the profile of the insulating glass unit. The set with the product contains elements with which it is fixed to the window.
These parts are fixed with self-tapping screws on the window sash profile. The upper part of the louver is placed in the fixed fasteners. In the future, to remove the curtain, you only need to separate it from the fasteners.
Cassette blinds on plastic windows are also installed without drilling. In this case, the upper bar of the structure is attached to high-quality double-sided tape.
- The product control mechanism is mounted on the opposite side of the handle that opens the window.
- Upon completion of the installation, it is necessary to check the correct functioning of the blinds.
Wall priming is a reliable base for subsequent coatings. The primer is selected based on the structure of the wall; for loose surfaces made of blocks or concrete, it is better to use an acrylic primer
When buying an apartment or after carrying out repairs, it is often necessary to replace protective curtains on the windows. According to many designers, the best option for a new room design is to install blinds that meet many requirements: practical, a wide selection of colors, the use of a variety of materials for the manufacture of protective sheets and individual elements, a variety of design solutions for fastening devices, ease of maintenance and cleaning, durability exploit
Wooden blinds for plastic windows: design features. Description of the main types of structures, their advantages. How to install wooden blinds on windows
What good aluminum or plastic blinds. An overview of the advantages and disadvantages of various types and designs, how to determine the reliability and durability of mechanisms
Tips on how to properly prepare and apply the finishing putty on the wall and create a smooth surface for painting. Choosing a good material for walls and ceilings (video)