2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- The reasons
- Lack of insulation and sealing
- Condensation control
- Temperature increase
- Lowering the moisture level
- Correct organization of the air flow
Many people install plastic windows in their apartments and houses, which protect the premises from drafts, dust, wind and cold. However, they have one serious drawback - in winter moisture falls on the windows, which leads to the appearance of mold on the slopes, window sill and window profile. Because of this, some ask the question: What to do if plastic windows are crying?
To get rid of condensation, you need to figure out why plastic windows cry. The appearance of drops on glass is directly related to the dew point. It determines the temperature at which condensation begins to appear. The dew point can change its value if one of the microclimate indicators changes in the room.
There are several main reasons why windows cry.
Most often, it is faulty or improper ventilation in the room that leads to fogging of the windows. Over time, ventilation systems become clogged, which leads to disturbances in air circulation and changes in heat transfer. When the air in an unventilated room comes into contact with the glass surface, condensation forms on them.
Often people living on the upper floors of houses cry windows. Humid air from the apartments below gets into their ventilation.
Also, heat transfer is disrupted in the apartments of houses that were built according to the SNiPas of the USSR. During the construction of these buildings, it was assumed that fresh air would flow through the cracks in the wooden windows. Installation of sealed plastic windows makes it impossible for the natural flow of air, leads to the accumulation of moisture and condensation.
The central heating system can also be the reason why windows cry. In apartments, you need to install powerful and reliable radiators that could provide good heat transfer. The window opening must be heated, so the battery must be placed strictly under the window.
The radiator must not be obstructed by foreign objects, as this can disturb the convection of humid air and lead to an increase in moisture.
Plants on windowsills look very nice, but a large number of flowers can disrupt heat transfer. Therefore, you should not force the windowsill with flowers.
Lack of insulation and sealing
The place where the window adjoins the opening is a source of damp and cold air penetration. If the window seam is not insulated in time, then under the influence of ultraviolet radiation, the foam will begin to collapse, which leads to the appearance of mold and the penetration of atmospheric moisture.
Not everyone knows what to do if plastic windows are sweating and crying. First, you need to assess the state of the microclimate in the apartment:
- Air temperature measurement. Allows you to determine the efficiency of the heating system. The air temperature should be measured not near the window, but in the center of the room. If the temperature is below + 20 ° C, this indicates poor heating efficiency.
- Air humidity measurement. The humidity level of the room temperature at 20-25 ° C is about 50%, but in winter this figure can be critical if it is -15 ° C outside. In winter, the humidity level should be around 40%.
There are several ways to get rid of condensation on windows.
Promotes heating of the surface of the internal glass of the window. This requires:
- get rid of air congestion in the battery;
- flush or completely replace old heating radiators;
- make sure that warm air flows to the window;
- turn on the electric heater or air conditioner.
Lowering the moisture level
It is achieved by mixing moist air with dry air. To do this, it is necessary to ensure constant air exchange in the room. There are several guidelines to help you achieve this:
- Checking the hood. To do this, you need to attach a piece of A4 paper to the exhaust hole. If the hood is working properly, the sheet will stick to the grate. The ventilation in the toilet and bathroom is checked in the same way.
- Ensuring the passage of air through the doors of all rooms of the apartment. For this, it is necessary to ensure that there is a gap between the bottom of the door leaf and the floor.
If the rooms have sealed doors, then you need to use special ventilation valves, which should be located at the bottom of the doors.
Elimination of moisture sources. These include a damp basement, leaking taps, and pipe holes
Correct organization of the air flow
To do this, you can use a wall or window supply valve.
The wall inlet valve is a passive device that allows air to flow from the outside. The structure consists of a plastic pipe that is installed in the wall of the apartment. The wall damper is installed not far from the window at a height of 1.5-2 meters from the floor, which allows:
- easily service the grille of the device, which is located outside;
- to get fresh air into the heat flow of air emanating from the heating radiator.
Also, when organizing the air flow, you can use several types of window valves:
- No milling. Easy to install and dismantle. After installation, no traces remain on the window, except for a few fixing holes. Valves without milling have a low performance, which is only 5 m 3 / h. In the absence of moisture sources, this is sufficient to normalize the microclimate.
- With milling. The valve capacity reaches 50 m 3 / h, so it must be used in rooms with active sources of moisture.
The above tips and tricks should help you get rid of condensation on your windows. If they did not help to fix the problem, then you should contact a specialist to diagnose the quality of installation and assembly of the window.
How To Deal With Mold And Mildew On The Walls Of An Apartment, Mold Remover. How To Get Rid Of Fungus On The Walls
Fighting mold and mildew on the walls in the apartment
As a rule, wooden windows have always been considered and still remain the most beautiful and high quality windows among such a wide range on the market. It goes without saying that now completely different technologies are used in the manufacture of wooden windows and the quality obtained as a result cannot be compared with the quality of those windows that were installed in our houses 15 - 20 years ago. Accordingly, after so many years, old wooden windows will need to be replaced
How To Choose Plastic Windows Correctly. What Is Better To Buy PVC Windows, Profile Slidors (slidors)
Ways to decide on the choice of plastic windows important tips which are better to buy PVC windows and choosing window frames made of plastic, by different companies
Plastic windows with stained-glass windows will make your room special. The use of film stained glass and other technologies to create a special interior
Why do metal-plastic windows sweat? Quite common life situations are fogging of glasses when leaving the room, glass in the bathroom or windows in the apartment. Condensation is a problem that millions of people face. It is quite easy to identify the cause of this phenomenon if you consider several options. The main reasons for the appearance of condensation on metal-plastic windows, i.e. fogging are two factors - humidity and temperature. It is the change