2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-09-26 04:33
- Should you buy such a door?
- What can be attributed to the disadvantages?
- Which doors to choose?
Recently, interior PVC doors have become quite widespread: the pros and cons of these products will be interesting if you want to install new doors at home, but have not yet chosen which ones will suit you best. For many, PVC is a new, unusual material, which is why buyers have quite a lot of questions, which we will try to answer.
Should you buy such a door?
Before purchasing PVC doors, the pros and cons of the products must be studied in detail and weighed. It is quite possible that for your conditions such a door will be an ideal combination of price and quality, but let us also assume that in your case you will have to look at other models. So, the advantages of this product include the following:
- PVC is a fairly durable material that is not afraid of moisture and temperature extremes. Such doors can be safely used not only for indoor installation: they are great for outdoor use. They can be installed both in a heated and unheated room, for example, in a gazebo, used to delimit the space in the courtyard of a private house together with plastic partitions.
- Interior doors MDF / PVC have an attractive appearance. They can be upholstered in MDF and imitate wood or other expensive materials. Depending on the upholstery, the door may or may not be suitable for certain operating conditions: for example, MDF is afraid of water, so you should not put such a door in the kitchen or bathroom. But if the door is covered with a special film, it is perfect for rooms with high humidity.
- Large selection of prices. There are completely inexpensive constructions consisting of a wooden frame, upholstered with MDF, which is covered with vinyl. Such a door has a minimum weight, looks attractive, is stronger than an ordinary door made of uncovered MDF, it repels moisture better.
- If you need an inexpensive but durable construction, you can pay attention to PVC interior doors.
It is a modern, environmentally friendly material that conveys the structure of natural wood well, but has good moisture protection, low weight and a price affordable for most buyers.
The structure of the wooden frame of the products is porous, which makes it possible to make the product lighter, to provide its components with ventilation
Such a door is easy to install even without assistance, because one person can lift it, the hinges are not affected by mass, which significantly increases their service life. The same applies to the box.
- The design absorbs noise well, does not allow heat to leave the room.
- PVC film does not fade, therefore, if direct sunlight falls on the door, its appearance will not deteriorate even after ten years of use.
- The films are resistant to mechanical damage, can have different colors, including repeating the reliefs of expensive finishing materials.
- In the event of a fire, such a door does not burn, does not emit harmful gases.
- Due to the hermetic coating of the MDF door with a film, the structure is reliably protected from moisture, which allows it to be installed in any room of your home. This is a good solution for a bathroom, a bathroom, where humidity is always quite high, and simple wooden doors swell over time. Since mold and mildew will not start on the door, this adds another plus to its use in wet rooms.
- Easy maintenance. Interior doors with PVC veneer do not need additional protection and processing. Once installed, you will forever forget about additional maintenance like painting or treating parasites.
- You can wash the structure with an ordinary damp cloth. The use of detergents is allowed. It is not recommended to use aggressive substances or powders that can harm the film.
If you like doors made of natural wood, but at the same time you are not satisfied with their price, besides, you want all doors to be exactly the same, which in principle is impossible when using natural materials, you can order a PVC door of the required size, color, design … It will outwardly be almost indistinguishable from an expensive type of wood, while it will cost no more than an ordinary Chinese MDF door.
What can be attributed to the disadvantages?
Nothing is perfect, but it is difficult to single out sufficiently significant design flaws. PVC doors, the pros and cons of which can be compared with each other, largely have more positive qualities. However, negative properties include the following:
- They demand a careful attitude towards themselves. Heavy physical exertion, a strong blow will easily ruin such a door, since the material is lightweight and does not have sufficient elasticity.
- Such doors cannot be used as protection from criminals, since they can be easily knocked out if desired.
- The sash closes quite tightly, you can put insulation in it, but it still holds back the sound worse than the analogue made of natural wood.
Which doors to choose?
Before deciding which interior doors are better, veneer or PVC , you should carefully compare them. A simple veneer door does not have a protective film, it looks poorer and simpler, but a little cheaper. In this case, the difference in price is not so great that it becomes critical. PVC products have the following advantages:
- PVC is highly resistant to various influences of temperature and moisture, which makes them suitable for use in unheated rooms. Veneer will not tolerate such treatment and will quickly deteriorate.
- A large selection of colors and designs, which allows you to create a suitable design, choose the same doors for all rooms.
- The coating is relatively durable. Unlike MDF, PVC is not as susceptible to scratches; it is quite difficult to ruin the coating, even if you have pets that may start scratching it.
PVC is a convenient and inexpensive material that is well suited for all types of premises and outdoor gazebos.
Plastic windows and doors are widespread. Why choose plastic structures? Metal-plastic windows and doors will become reliable protection for your home
Double-leaf sliding interior doors will save space in the room and look great. How to choose high-quality doors, and most importantly, accessories for them? Expert advice
What is the advantage of using plastic sliding doors. Types of designs of opening systems. cold and warm plastic sliding doors. Materials for sliding doors
An overview of the varieties of plastic balcony doors, design features and advantages. The procedure for installing plastic doors for a balcony, video instructions
Portal glazing is becoming more and more popular. What are the portal window systems and where are they used, what are their advantages, what materials are they made from?