2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Features of laminated structures
- How is a PVC door arranged?
- What films can be used?
Laminated doors (PVC) are used quite often: they are well suited to modern interiors, differ from wooden doors in a more attractive appearance, which lasts for a long time. Products have a number of advantages and benefits that are worth considering in more detail.
Features of laminated structures
Studying which doors are better, PVC or laminated, it is necessary first of all to study the features of the product, to evaluate the pros and cons. Laminated products have a number of significant differences from conventional PVC doors. Lamination is a thin film that covers the door leaf, protecting it from mechanical damage and giving the desired appearance. Usually, PVC-coated interior doors can be easily distinguished from products made of other materials, such as wood.
Laminate and PVC are often referred to as the same product group, since PVC is a type of coating that can create a laminated surface. But the technical characteristics of the materials are different, therefore, products made from them should be attributed to different types.
Doors covered with PVC foil are quite simple. The basis is a canvas, which can be made of any material, usually manufacturers take MDF as a basis. The product can consist of several elements that can be connected together rather difficultly if the design requires it. Thereafter, a film is applied to the web using hot pressing. Due to the peculiarities of the technology, air bubbles, stratification or other effects that affect the appearance of the structure will not appear on the door surface.
How is a PVC door arranged?
When choosing doors, PVC or laminated, which is better, you need to study the features of products from different manufacturers. The canvas can vary significantly in quality, since a variety of materials can be used for it. To create a more affordable product, manufacturers use thin MDF sheets that are attached to a wooden frame. To create the frame, glued pine timber is usually used: this is the cheapest and lightest material. Higher quality doors are made of plywood or chipboard, but they can be used only in those rooms where the humidity is minimal.
PVC coated doors can have voids: they are usually filled with cardboard. The design helps to better isolate sound and heat, while it becomes not much heavier and the use of cardboard inserts is almost not reflected in the final cost of the product.
If the model is more expensive, a solid sheet of MDF can be used for it. Such a door will better isolate noise and better retain heat in the room. There are models of interior doors filled with expanded polystyrene: this is done in order to insulate the structure. PVC-coated MDF doors can have decorative inserts. For this, use a thinner sheet, mirror surfaces or glass. After that, a laminate is glued to the base of the product; PVC can be used.
What films can be used?
Studying how PVC doors differ from laminated ones, it is worth paying attention to the features of laminated films. This indicator is the main difference between the products: the quality of the film determines how long the product will last, its appearance, in what conditions the door can be used.
Interior doors with MDF film can be as follows:
- Paper. This design is the cheapest; the basis of the product is paper. Such a film is inexpensive, but it should be borne in mind that it is afraid of exposure to moisture, collapses upon contact with detergents, is subject to mechanical damage and, in general, does not last long. Such doors are used as temporary partitions; they can be used for utility rooms if they are not wet.
- Melamine. In fact, this is the same paper door, but differs from the previous one in the presence of a melamine interlayer. This material helps to protect the door from rapid wear, it is resistant to ultraviolet light, mechanical damage, but the product still does not like moisture.
- Fiberglass film. It has high wear resistance, repels moisture, can be used for almost any room, but the cost of such a material is quite high. Doors covered with fiberglass PVC film are comparable in price to veneer or inexpensive wood products.
- Two-chrome film is a relatively high-quality material, it cannot withstand serious mechanical stress, but it is not at all afraid of moisture and can protect that door leaf, therefore, doors covered with such material are well suited for use in kitchens and bathrooms. The film is not afraid of exposure to ultraviolet radiation, the products covered with it can be washed with the usual detergents. Outwardly, it looks like a veneer and can imitate it, at a cost the film is cheaper than veneer.
- Polyvinyl chloride. Interior doors, laminated with PVC, are often covered with such a film. Its main feature is the ability to repel moisture; the film is suitable for doors that are used regularly. Manufacturers offer a wide selection of colors, and buyers are also attracted by an affordable price. PVC film is distinguished by a wide variety of colors, the ability to repel moisture and withstand mechanical stress.
When choosing which doors are better, PVC or laminated, it is worth paying attention to the advantages and disadvantages. Laminated models are cheaper than solid PVC, have a rich palette of colors, and can imitate other materials, such as wood, leather, stone. High-quality films can protect the door leaf from moisture. The doors are lightweight. The disadvantages include the low strength of the films, the inability to remove scratches, many films peel off, are afraid of moisture or ultraviolet radiation.
Choosing laminated doors or PVC, first of all, the emphasis should be on quality. If the door will be used infrequently and serves as an element of the interior, then laminated is suitable, if tough operation is planned and a higher quality is required, it is better to give preference to PVC.
How To Choose A Quality Screw. The Concept Of The Quality Of Bolts According To GOST 7798-70, DIN Marking, Types, Designation
What the markings on DIN bolts mean, such as the markings on the bolts, its strength class and metric threads. The concept of the strength class of threaded fasteners. Features of bots marking, main types and designation of products. Classification of fasteners in accordance with GOST
When building your own home, everyone wants to get a home in which there would be the most cozy and comfortable atmosphere. To get such a house, you need to invest in it significant financial resources. But no matter what the building will be, costs can be significantly reduced. And for this, there is absolutely no need to purchase the cheapest materials or save on professional workers. So how can you save money without sacrificing quality and comfort? First of all, you need
What Primer To Choose, Types Of Primers And Technical Characteristics, How Long It Dries, How To Wash The Primer, What Is It For
On the choice of a primer by type of base, by area and material of application. What is the best primer for different surfaces: is acrylic suitable for concrete walls, which is best for deep penetration, and which is applied before plastering?
Portal glazing is becoming more and more popular. What are the portal window systems and where are they used, what are their advantages, what materials are they made from?
A very important issue of repair is the purchase of plumbing, in particular, the question is acute, which bath is better to choose and how to avoid mistakes when choosing it. To do this, you need to know what types of baths exist, as well as all their features