2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Materials for double leaf sliding doors
- The advantages of sliding mechanisms
- Door construction
- Features of the choice of interior doors
- Installation features
- Tips & Tricks
Double sliding interior doors are a great option for large doorways. They are used both in apartments. So it is in offices and other public spaces. The design of such doors differs significantly from standard swing doors. Although installing them may seem more complicated, swing doors can significantly save valuable apartment space.
Materials for double leaf sliding doors
The sliding interior double doors themselves can be made from different materials, including:
- Transparent frosted, stained glass.
- Polyvinyl chloride panels.
- MDF boards.
- Plain and laminated plywood.
- A combination of several materials.
Each material has its own pros and cons. Wood always looks stylish and fits easily into the interior, but their cost is slightly higher than other options. Glass looks beautiful and suits modern high-tech or modern interiors, but it can break, so you need to handle such products with extreme care.
Often, the cost of doors directly depends on their durability. You should decide which of these metrics is important.
The advantages of sliding mechanisms
When installing them, it is important to determine whether the use of such a door design is appropriate. In order for the doors to fit perfectly into the opening and be easy to use, the opening must have a width of 90 to 190 centimeters. If a wide passage is not required, one of the leaves can be installed fixedly, and the other can remain movable.
Sliding doors have many features, but the most important is the minimum area that such a door occupies. Sliding doors are chosen by residents of small apartments where every meter is needed.
Double-leaf sliding interior doors are opened according to the same principle as doors in train compartments. One or both canvases move along special rollers, opening the passage. This has many benefits:
- You don't need to leave a lot of space to open the door conveniently.
- It is safe to open and close such doors, they will not pinch or pinch anything.
- The appearance of the structure is quite modern and stylish.
- On this structure, as well as on a swing, you can install a lock.
- No door frame installation required.
The door construction depends on the width of the opening. In a small opening, it is more convenient to use one sash. To move the doors, special runners are installed, along which the canvas moves with the help of wheels.
The sliding mechanism is the most important part of sliding doors. It is attached to the floor and ceiling slabs. This mechanism includes:
- Bottom and top guides.
- Roller mechanism.
The runners are fixed to the floor and ceiling. A sliding mechanism is attached to them, and then the door leaf is placed on the guide. The movement takes place by sliding the roller along the bar. If everything is assembled correctly, this does not cause any problems and is almost silent. The second plank does not allow the door to oscillate and go off the guide during movement.
Features of the choice of interior doors
When choosing double sliding doors, you need to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Dimensions. The canvases must be symmetrical and of equal size, as well as exactly match the doorway and the height of the room.
- Design. It should fit into the interior of the room and the overall style of the apartment.
- Color solutions. Today you can buy a door of almost any shade, so it is important to choose the one that suits your room.
- Material. It is worth paying attention not only to its external attractiveness and price, but also to its durability.
- Fittings. It must match the flaps. For light doors, you can buy metal and plastic fittings, and for massive doors, you can use only metal.
When choosing the right door, it is important to strike a balance between your tastes and models that will be comfortable and functional.
Installation of sliding doors must be done in a specific order. Only in this case they will be not only reliable and durable, but also easy to use.
The door installation procedure is usually as follows:
- A roller mechanism is screwed to the upper end of the sash. It is installed 5-10 centimeters from the edge and fastened with self-tapping screws.
- After that, you can embed handles on the door and, if necessary, install a lock.
- A hole 15 millimeters deep and 5 millimeters wide is cut in the center of the lower part of the door leaf. This will restrict door movement. On modern models, most often there is already such a gap.
- The top rail is installed on the ceiling. A wooden substrate will interfere between it and the ceiling. It is fixed with anchor bolts and must exactly match the height of the door leaves.
- The rollers are installed on the guide, after which the doors slide into place.
- A second rail is installed and fixed to the floor. The door is finally installed in place, after which stops are placed.
Tips & Tricks
When installing sliding doors, there are a few important rules to keep in mind. They will help make the use of such a design more convenient and reliable. First of all, it is important to remember that both leaves in total should be about 10 centimeters wider than the doorway.
It is important to install the doors so that the mechanism works smoothly and smoothly, without squeaks and "jerking". If the door does not move smoothly, it may need to be tightened or lubricated.
The most convenient way to install the floor stop is to insert the doors into the grooves, put them in place, and then slightly move them, freeing one side of the mounting rail. When one edge is secured, you can move the door more and screw on the rest.
A wardrobe with sliding doors will take up very little space in the apartment. Review of materials and choice of mechanism for sliding doors for the cabinet. Why is it important to buy quality fittings?
It is described in detail how to install interior sliding doors with your own hands. Pros and cons of a sliding door. One or two-piece design for sliding doors
Sliding wardrobe can be made by hand. Let's figure out how to do this. Videos on the topic will help with this
How To Make A Wardrobe With Your Own Hands, Built-in. Drawings And Assembly Diagrams Of The Sliding Wardrobe, Self-installation Of Sliding Doors
Do-it-yourself built-in wardrobe with a photo. How to make a sliding wardrobe yourself, refine, install sliding doors with detailed photo instructions, you will learn from us
Double in the eyes: causes and treatmentOphthalmologists often hear patients complaining that they have double vision. At the same time, a person cannot visualize a clear picture with both eyes. As a result, one object is perceived as two identical