2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- Floor design options
- Installation on the wall
- Finishing additional surfaces
- Mosaic in the bathroom
Tiles are one of the main décor elements in modern bathrooms. That is why recently there have been more and more options for laying tiles in the bathroom. It is on the tiles that the visual appearance of the room and the impressions from it depend. And today we offer several good layout options, and at the same time, inexpensive (depending on the preference for the type of tile, of course).
Floor design options
The specific selection of the design for laying tiles in the bathroom depends directly on the materials used. In this case, it is important to choose the correct shape and size of the tile, but the color and style of decoration are also important.
For the most part, the choice stops on a medium-sized tile, which is also the most optimal. This kind of tile looks great both in a small room and in a large one.
Recently, people are finding the answer to the question of how to lay tiles beautifully in the use of rectangular tiles. At the same time, the use of mosaics will also look good. In addition, you can also combine some tile options with each other.
If you still have not decided how to lay the tiles and design the bath, then you can use 3D modeling computer programs that will help you see how this or that design will look.
At the same time, first of all, the floor is finished in the bathroom. Since, in general, all work begins from this zone, it should be given special attention. Here, for a bath, tile laying options should be selected not only based on personal preferences, but also in compliance with the aesthetic qualities of the room itself and other finishes. In addition, the coating must hide flaws, even if there is no such need.
In particular, for flooring, the following options can be considered:
- Seam-in-seam tile laying. This method is standard and the most popular, but nevertheless it allows you to create a fairly beautiful design.
- The second option is to lay them apart. It is more suitable, of course, for rectangular tiles, since it is by using it that rather original patterns can be made.
- And the last can be considered the method of laying diagonally. This option is more suitable for a small bathroom.
Below you can see examples of tiling in different ways, and independently evaluate which one suits you best.
In addition, attention should be paid to the presence of carved elements, the number of which must be reduced to a minimum. At the same time, it is with their use that you can make quite attractive patterns, look at the photo below.
Installation on the wall
When the bathtub is touched, the options for laying tiles on the wall become a rather urgent issue for every second inhabitant. Unlike flooring, for this area the variety of design solutions is much greater. In particular, the following techniques can be applied:
- Execution of a plain surface. In this case, a tile of the same color is taken and laying is carried out in any of the ways (separation, in a seam, etc.).
- More rarely, diagonal styling is used. Even so, this view can achieve a stunning effect, especially when it comes to decorating a small room.
- Also, to create an individual design, tile division with a border is often used. In this version, the wall surface is finished with several tile colors, dividing it into peculiar zones. The zones themselves are limited by the curb.
- A good way to add some flavor is to use decorative stripes. In their role, various friezes, contrasting tiles or tiles that are different in shape from the main one can serve. In this case, you can also have an effect on the visual perception of the room. Thus, horizontal stripes increase the height of the ceiling, and vertical width and length of the room.
- A decorative insert is no less rare in use. This implies the installation of large tiles with a pattern in separate areas of the walls, while the overall cladding is the same.
- And the last option can be noted more complex compositions, which represent the most attractive tile layout. In this situation, a combination of several types of materials is often carried out. For example, laying multi-colored tiles with a textured insert, highlighted by friezes.
Examples of each of the coatings are shown in the photo below.
Finishing additional surfaces
In addition to laying tiles on the floor and walls in the bathroom, in some cases, additional surface finishing is also required. This can be, for example:
- Communication boxes.
- Curbs, partitions, and other surfaces.
The styling methods do not differ much, the only condition is the observance of the general contrast and theme.
But there are also some small features. In particular, for small ledges such as curbs, small tiles should be used, unless mosaics are used.
Directly for the bathroom, the layout is performed according to the general design of the room, but at the same time, you can focus on this area by changing the direction and laying out the tiles to the opposite. In addition, another way will be to select a new cable, which will have a brighter texture, but at the same time coincide in theme with the main coating.
Mosaic in the bathroom
And the last way to beautifully lay tiles in the bath is to use mosaics. Such material is one of the varieties of standard tile products, but at the same time, despite its small size, it can be easily combined with other elements, even large ones.
Among the options for finishing with mosaics, there are the following:
- Wall and floor decoration. There is no particular need to clarify these points. We can say only one thing: most of this coating looks pretty nice.
- Selection of zones using mosaic. In particular, visual separation of individual zones among themselves. For example, a bathroom, shower, or toilet.
- Another good technique is to place emphasis on certain areas, which can also be done successfully with mosaics.
- Also, against the background of already laid tiles, you can perform local decor, which allows you to refine and improve the appearance of the room.
- And the last is the facing of difficult areas. More specifically, we mean small-sized areas and complex elements.
Despite the sale of the mosaic as a set of small parts, it can be easily disassembled into single fragments and then used.
Thus, laying tiles, samples of which can be seen in this article, will help you make the perfect renovation. Also, a few videos to review the most unusual tile laying options.