2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- What blinds are there?
- Choice between horizontal and vertical design
- Pros and cons of plastic and fabric designs
- Positive and negative aspects of aluminum structures
- Which models should you choose?
- Selection recommendations
Blinds are a fairly convenient design element that will not only provide good protection from the sun, but also be able to decorate the interior. There are a large number of models that differ in the type of construction and material. Most often, the buyer is forced to decide which blinds are better - aluminum or plastic? Our article will help you make a difficult choice, weigh the advantages and disadvantages of all applicants.
What blinds are there?
When choosing which blinds are better, you first need to decide on the size of the structure. The larger the window, the more blinds you will need. If the windows are panoramic, it will not be superfluous to have an electric drive.
Manufacturers can offer horizontal and vertical designs with electric or mechanical drive. The choice of colors, in principle, has no restrictions. Aluminum, various fabrics, wood, even paper can be used as a material. The choice must be made taking into account the design of your premises.
Choice between horizontal and vertical design
When choosing which blinds are better - vertical or horizontal, you must first take into account the size of the windows, their type, as well as what kind of visual effect you want to achieve. For example, horizontal structures are applicable for large areas, they have strict outlines, therefore they are often used in official institutions and offices. In living quarters, the design is often complemented by lightweight curtains. The width of the plate can vary from 1.6 to 5 cm, which is quite convenient if you order an individual project. These are good blinds for installation between frames; you can open them not only by hand, but also using a mechanical drive, the command to which is given from the control panel.
Other modifications can be installed in front of the window and go up, this is not always convenient. The choice of lamellas also depends on the volume of the room, the larger it is, the narrower the stripes should be: this will make the room proportional.
Vertical blinds are much more common. They usually do not need a drive, because they simply move to the side. A special mechanism is used for this, which is set in motion by hands.
The material can be plastic or aluminum blinds. The choice of material depends not only on its aesthetic component, but also on its durability. Aluminum is considered to be more durable.
Pros and cons of plastic and fabric designs
Before deciding which blinds are better, aluminum or plastic, you need to consider the positive and negative sides. Plastic structures have the following advantages:
- Fits well into any interior.
- Can be combined with curtains.
- They are not afraid of mechanical stress, since they can bend, but they do not bend during prolonged operation from loads.
- Dust repellent.
- Do not attract static electricity.
- They are easy to care for, you can wash with a regular cloth and any detergent.
- High-quality plastic does not emit odor and is durable.
The negative aspects include the following:
- Do not place near sources of fire, as the lamellas may melt. Avoid proximity and with batteries
- Not always convenient to open.
- Yellow spots may form on white plastic.
Choosing blinds for plastic windows, which are better, it is quite simple to decide. You need to choose those that have high quality plastic; you should not give preference to cheap manufacturers who cannot guarantee high quality products.
It is somewhat more difficult to choose the type of construction (vertical or horizontal blinds for windows): which is better, your taste will help to determine. The designs differ mainly visually and in the opening drive. Vertical ones are more expensive, but you don't have to get up to open them. High ceilings are convenient for the construction. Horizontal blinds are well suited for small spaces or those rooms where windows are standard or large, but not panoramic. They are convenient for the kitchen, living room, bedroom.
Positive and negative aspects of aluminum structures
Aluminum structures are used quite often, despite the relatively high cost. This is explained by the following positive characteristics:
- Aluminum is coated with a special heat-resistant compound, which makes the lamellae impervious to high temperatures.
- The metal itself does not deform, you do not have to think if the blinds are close to the heating partitions or at a sufficient distance.
- Aluminum is strong enough, does not require complex maintenance, is not afraid of temperature extremes or aggressive detergents.
- The appearance of the material is quite attractive, the assortment usually includes a large selection of colors that will not lose brightness even after ten years.
However, it cannot be said that these are the best blinds. Any design also has certain disadvantages, which in this case include the following:
- Dust often accumulates on the structure.
- In a strong draft, the lamellas make a noticeable noise.
- The design is slightly more expensive than analogs.
Which models should you choose?
Regardless of the material, it is necessary to choose blinds for windows, which are best suited, based on the general principles of convenience, quality and safety. The chosen model must meet the following requirements:
- The material must be environmentally friendly.
- The structure must not cause allergies. Such a problem can arise, for example, if a poor-quality plastic was used that has an unpleasant odor.
- Most manufacturers have quite rich shades and colors, regardless of the material of construction. You need to choose them so that they blend well with furniture or walls.
- High quality materials will ensure the durability of the structure.
- The easier it is to care for the lamellas, the better.
- The material should not be afraid of ultraviolet rays, fade or deform due to their influence. For this, a special coating is applied to the products.
What better blinds, can solve only a comprehensive approach to the issue. First of all, the design will be better that will harmoniously fit into the interior of the room, otherwise even the most perfect model will look out of place in a particular room. Tones play an important role: the smaller the room, the lighter they should be. This will visually enlarge the space without focusing on its shortcomings. For spacious theme rooms
colors are acceptable as they will not significantly reduce volume.
It is also necessary to choose a shade with regard to how the room will be used. For example, for the bedroom, soft pastel colors that do not irritate the eyes are actual colors. If you are decorating a living room, any tone can be suitable, from neutral to the most vibrant and original. The same goes for the kitchen space.
It is important to know how to determine the length of the structure correctly, otherwise it may turn out to be too long or short, which will be inconvenient in any case. If the model is placed horizontally, you need to place it 5 cm above the line of the windowsill. The distance between vertically positioned lamellas should also not be less than 5 cm. An amendment must also be made to the dimensions of the fastening; in order to avoid problems with calculations, it is advisable to invite a measurer. Most companies that produce custom-made blinds provide this service free of charge, in which case you will receive a design that exactly matches your windows.
Advice: before picking up the purchase from the manufacturer, you need to check if the opening mechanism is working properly. If it jams and does not spin well, it is better to pay attention to it right away than after installation.
Conclusion: which blinds are better, you can determine only based on your own conviction. Each model has its own pros and cons, which for someone can be a decisive factor when choosing.
By what criteria should you choose septic tanks for a summer residence, which one is better to install at a summer cottage. We will understand the varieties of models and designs in terms of cost ratio. A selection of videos on the choice of a septic tank
Which ceiling is better and cheaper than stretch or plasterboard? main characteristics, advantages, disadvantages of materials. Comparative tables for prices. Interesting ideas with photos of combined ceilings with hl
Before you start decorating the floor or walls with tiles, you should decide which tile is better to choose matte or glossy, which depends on many factors and preferences
Recently, ceiling painting has become a common and effective way of interior decoration
When choosing a gasoline-powered tool, many prefer the products of the HUSQVARNA company. Features of choosing a model of chainsaws from a low price category, an overview of models