2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- Repair type
- Place of laying tiles
- Why is it better to install doors after tiles
- Fitting the door to tiles
A rather pressing question today is that first a tile or a door, and the answers to it diverge and contradict each other. Here, it all depends on a number of circumstances, and on the one hand, you may need to first lay out the tiles, and then install the doors, and in another case, you will need to do everything exactly the opposite. And let's take a closer look at each of the options, and decide that first the doors or tiles in the bathroom.
Suppose you decide to make a renovation in your bathroom, and just how large-scale it will be will also contribute to the selection of an algorithm and tell you to install the bathroom doors before or after the tiles. And here at least three options should be considered:
- When the bathroom was previously repaired, but you just wanted to change the tile, no one will dismantle the door frame, respectively, and in this case, the tile is already laid with the door installed and subsequently adjusted to fit it.
- In the second case, when a large-scale repair is planned, taking into account the replacement of the door frame and door. Here the installation must be carefully thought out, and only in this case, they first put the tiles, and then put the door.
- And the third situation is a complete renovation from scratch. Here, the condition is also applicable, as in the second case, but we note that when installing the door frame, the laid tiles can fall off and be damaged, which is why the door frame is installed first, the doors are tried on, and only then the canvas itself is removed, and the laying is carried out with the installed box. Subsequently, the tile is either fitted to the door or the flaws are hidden by the platbands.
Place of laying tiles
It is also important where the tiles are laid. Here, as you know, there can be only two options:
- laying tiles on the floor;
- laying on the wall.
And the sequence of work will also depend on them. Let's take a closer look at both situations and decide what to do first: tiles or doors?
- When the tiles are laid under the door in the bathroom, then, accordingly, the decision comes that you should first equip the ceramics, and then install the door. But at the same time, with the door already installed, the tiles can be placed under the door frame, which will be somewhat more difficult.
- But when laying on a wall in a bathroom, a prerequisite is that the box is first installed, after which the tiles are laid, and only then the platbands are installed and the door itself is installed.
From here, you can take a lesson that first the tiles are laid on the floor, and the doors only later, but at the same time the door frame itself is installed first. And now, in addition to these factors, it is worth paying attention to the pros and cons of installing doors before and after the tiles, which actually will help to determine the choice of the correct sequence.
Why is it better to install doors after tiles
To begin with, consider the factors that indicate that it is necessary to install doors after finishing with tiles:
- When installing the door before the tiles, there is a risk of ruining it during finishing.
- In some cases, the design will interfere with the work.
There are practically no other reasons to put doors after tiles, but on the other hand, in this case there is a great risk of damaging the tiles themselves when installing doors.
To install the door after laying the tiles, it is important to clearly set all levels on the floor and along the wall, to observe the installation gaps. Most DIY professionals will answer that it is better to install doors after finishing work. This will save the expensive door from damage during repairs.
Fitting the door to tiles
And now let's look at the factors that indicate to first install the doors, and then install the tiles.
- First of all, the doors are installed in the opening of the previous one, but, nevertheless, there is a risk of damaging the surface of the floor and walls. In cases where the tiles have already been laid, there is a great risk of damaging them during the work.
- In some cases, it may even happen that the size of the door will slightly not correspond to the opening and it will become necessary to expand it. Even for a few millimeters of increase, vibration during installation may cause the tile to burst or simply fall off.
- In addition, as a result of the load on the walls, the doorway may bend slightly, respectively, the door will not be ideally installed on a plumb line, and it will be overwhelmed. For the most part, the walls are not even, and it is just that the installation of the box ideally along a plumb line will serve as a beacon for their alignment in the future.
Thus, it becomes clear that it is not worth putting the tiles forward at all, since later it can be destroyed and damaged.
Therefore, it all depends on the chosen method of mounting the box.
And as a result, multiple statements that the tiles are laid first, and only after it the door is installed, are erroneous. At least, by carrying out work, in this way you risk spending extra finances, since you will have to redo part of the wall cladding again. In the best case, of course, everything will work out well, but at the same time, the risk of damage is too great.
In extreme cases, when finishing, you can remove the door leaf itself, also remove the platbands, if this is not possible, then glue them with a film, which will help to avoid contamination and damage.
It is important to take into account that the doors absorb moisture, and installation can only be done after the plaster has dried and other wet work.
A factor of high humidity in the room is evidenced by condensation on the windows.
Otherwise, with small gaps in the box, the doors will begin to strike, and after repair, large gaps may appear or even twist the door leaf.
Thus, in the question of what used to be a tile or a door, for the most part we choose exactly the option based on the situation. And in addition, we offer you several videos in which experts expressed their opinion.