2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- Advantages and disadvantages of tiles in the hallway
- Combining tiles with laminate
- Selection of tile design
- Abutment design options
An indisputable fact will be that the hallway is the most exploited room. Its operation occurs daily, and with the greatest intensity. Exposure to dirt, dust and moisture, various types of shoes that destroy the surface, and a lot of different effects. That is why the selection of flooring for this room should be carried out as carefully as possible, taking into account all the nuances. Note that the coating itself should be not only strong and durable, but also beautiful, this can be the tile at the front door. And right away it is worth saying that this is one of the best options, and then we will consider why this is so.
Advantages and disadvantages of tiles in the hallway
To begin with, it is worth considering accordingly all the advantages and disadvantages of this type of coating, let's start, perhaps, with the advantages of the material:
- First of all, the tiles in front of the door will help to create the most practical and durable coating, one might even say the most resistant of all possible (not taking into account finishing with stone or marble, for example).
- The material has a lot of varieties, in addition, due to its unique coating, it allows you to create a unique interior solution. The flight of fantasy in its creation becomes almost limitless.
- Among the most popular materials for flooring, tiles near the front door will be able to withstand the effects of aggressive environments much better, and besides, they will last longer.
- When arranging a tile floor, it is possible to focus on individual zones, and in addition to hide some of the imperfections of the room (low ceiling, small square, etc.).
- Decorating the door with tiles will become the most durable coating that can last for more than a dozen years, even with the most aggressive impact and type of operation.
- The material itself is strong and wear-resistant, therefore the coating can easily withstand mechanical stress, and at the same time, it will not lose its attractive appearance for many years.
- The tile near the door in the hallway is usually heavily contaminated, and among its advantages in this case should be noted ease of maintenance, protection from the effects of household chemicals, which is important.
- Due to the possibility of imitating coatings from other materials, the tiles can be selected in the form of marble or wood, thereby giving a certain static and elegance to the coating.
- The coating can be combined from various materials, in addition, the tiles themselves can be laid out in different shades and patterns to diversify the room.
- Use different tile sizes when choosing.
Now it is worth noting the disadvantages of this kind of coverage:
- The first thing to say is the use of tiles in large rooms. In particular, the use of tiled flooring in large enough hallways can turn them into an overly formal space, more like a hall or lobby of a government institution. Therefore, here it is necessary to combine tiles with other materials, or decorative items.
- Also, do not forget that the tile material is slippery. Therefore, the slip coefficient becomes an important factor. For the hallway, you need to select a coating with a minimum value, since otherwise there is a great risk of slipping and falling. In addition, it is necessary to select tiles with a matte finish, especially if there are children, the elderly and animals in the house.
- You should not choose textured tiles, because in this case dirt and dust will accumulate in the furrows, which, accordingly, will lead to a loss of the attractiveness of the coating. If the goal is to put tiles near the door, then dark colors should be selected, while the main hallway space should be done in light colors.
Among the shortcomings, there is nothing to add. And it should be said that with the right approach, they can be completely eliminated. And a number of advantages at this time almost indisputably and without hesitation leads to the conclusion that the tile is the best choice.
Combining tiles with laminate
We figured out the advantages and disadvantages of the material, now it becomes an important issue to combine the tiles near the front door in the hallway with other materials. As mentioned earlier, this can be done, in some cases it is even necessary when it comes to a large hallway.
A successful combination can serve as a kind of space zoning. For example, a good solution would be a tile near the front door in the hallway, when finishing the rest of the area with other material. Thus, the ceramics itself will be in the zone of increased aggressive impact (at the same time, there is no need to lay a foot mat near the door), and at the same time it will become a signal that it is impossible to go further in shoes.
Also, in some cases, additional zoning of the room is required. For example, in a one-room apartment or studio, you can thus unobtrusively show the common area of the apartment, and allocate space for the so-called entrance hall, which at the same time is part of the main room.
Another combination option is the execution of non-standard masonry from tiles of various shapes and the framing of the pattern with a parquet board, and this option looks especially good in combination with natural stone tiles, which gives elegance to the room. In addition, you can repeat the ceiling pattern in this way (in cases where a suspended or stretch ceiling is made with bends).
Also, the tiles at the door in the hallway can be laid out in the form of a podium, which will help in zoning, and in addition, it will more clearly highlight the line between the materials. But note that the elevation should not be more than a few centimeters, otherwise there is a high risk of falling and injury.
Selection of tile design
And no less important factor is the choice of design. It is imperative that the tiles in front of the front door not only match the design or complement it, but also comply with all the rules and regulations for the design. Unless, of course, you want your hallway to have an attractive look, and not vice versa, repel visitors.
First, let's look at a number of tips to consider when choosing a tile:
- In the case of a narrow and long hallway, you should pay attention to the use of colored tiles, or light ones. The use of dark elements in this case will make the room dark and uncomfortable.
- For small rooms, light colors will help to slightly expand the space, visually enlarge the room, which will play into your hands.
In the case of a large hallway, it is worth choosing tiles of different tones, textured solutions, and besides, the shape. This will help diversify the look, while at the same time putting some accents in the room and hiding imperfections. The tile at the front door in the photo below clearly demonstrates this option, in particular, the use of a pattern and mosaic inserts.
- If you want to create a kind of tile pattern, then you should stick to the style of wallpaper, ceiling and furniture, and besides, adhere to the general style. The combination of tiles and doors will also be an important factor.
- Speaking directly about the style in which to decorate the floor, it is worth noting that with the strict classical design of the room, a coating imitating marble is well suited, in the case of an oriental style, metlakh tiles will be a good option, in other cases, a good solution would be to use bright tiles. or light colors.
Abutment design options
Now we suggest you see how a hallway might look like, in which tiles are laid around the front door. Next, photos with design options will be presented, and perhaps you will like some of them and be able to decorate your home:
Thus, you could understand that laying tiles around the door is one of the best options to give the room a rather attractive appearance, and besides, enjoy it in the future for many years. In addition, the coating itself is almost universal, as can be understood from its advantages. And in conclusion, in addition to the options viewed in the photo, we propose to see several thematic videos, in which the tiles near the door in the hallway fully reveal their beauty.