2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- How to calculate the amount of insulation
- Step-by-step calculation steps
- Calculation features
- Indicators of the thickness of the insulation
- Advantages of calculating ecowool with a calculator online
- Ecowool laying methods.
Ecowool is a modern insulation material that has good performance and is quickly applied. You can use a modern online calculator to calculate the amount and volume of insulation for external walls, as well as the side surfaces of foundations of various buildings. A quick calculation of ecowool is made, taking into account window and door openings, based on the characteristics of the manufacturer, the cost of the insulation is calculated.
How to calculate the amount of insulation
To find out this figure, you need to take into account some information:
- packing density of the material;
- type of part of the house for insulation (roof, walls, floor, attic);
- ecowool thickness;
- insulation area;
- the cost of one bag of ecowool.
Step-by-step calculation steps
If you calculate the amount of insulation using an online calculator, then you need to enter certain values in a prepared form, indicate the thickness of the insulation in centimeters, the laying area for each type of insulated part of the house and get ready-made data on the number of required packages and the cost of the material.
When self-warming various elements of the house, it is important to take into account the density indicators of the material, they will directly depend on some factors:
- ecowool manufacturer;
- equipment for its preparation;
- method of crushing newspaper mass;
- packing method.
Therefore, the size of the package and the weight may differ among themselves (this must be taken into account when purchasing the material yourself).
The weight of one package can be from 10 to 20 kg, and the volume of goods from 0.5 to 0.8 m 3. If you calculate the density of the material, you get an indicator from 90 to 190 kg per cubic meter.
The density of the material will depend on the quality of the ecowool; the presence of additives in the composition and the presence of introduced fire retardants should also be taken into account. The higher the density of the insulation, the more thermal conductivity is obtained, taking into account the overexpenditure of ecowool per one square meter.
The density of the material will vary depending on where the ecowool will be used.
- With horizontal laying of the material, the density indicators will be from 30 to 45 kg per m 3.
- On slopes - from 45 to 55 kg per m 3.
- When "filling" the walls from one or both sides - from 55 to 70 kg per m 3.
It is important when purchasing insulation yourself, you need to ask the seller:
- What densities the material is designed for.
- Does the manufacturer give a guarantee for the absence of shrinkage of the construction product.
- Compliance of characteristics with reality.
- Pre-consult with specialists according to all parameters of the insulation before purchasing the product.
Indicators of the thickness of the insulation
When determining this data, you need to find a compromise between two values:
- thermal insulation resistance index of the building;
- the thickness of the beams.
Ecowool is a bulk insulation, and therefore the thickness of its filling into the roof cavity (for example) will depend on the gap set by the rafters. Unfortunately, it is practically impossible to change this indicator!
Advantages of calculating ecowool with a calculator online
Thanks to the automatic system for calculating the amount of insulation for walls and other surfaces, when laying the foundation, you can get the necessary data in a few seconds.
- warming area;
- production of ecowool;
- package volume;
- recommended packing density of the material;
- insulation surface.
Using the calculator, you can determine the density of the ecowool backfill, the layer thickness, the total length of all walls, the height and density of the insulation. As a result, we get results on the amount of insulation and its approximate cost.
You should always leave a small percentage of error, no more than 10%. Considering the human factor when filling in the data. The information obtained from the results of calculations can be used with confidence when laying insulation.
|What we insulate||Density kg / m3||Insulation area, m2:||Insulation thickness, cm:||Weight kg:||Number of bags (15kg):|
|Horizontal structures (floor, ceiling)||35|
|Inclined structures (attic)||50|
|Vertical structures (walls)||65|
|Wet glue application||70|
Calculators from wpcalc.com
Ecowool laying methods
Before calculating the amount of insulation, you need to familiarize yourself with the methods of laying ecowool:
- The dry method involves blowing out the insulation until the desired density of the product is reached. A significant disadvantage of this method is that ecowool shrinks over time, although some manufacturers guarantee the service life of the dry ecowool laying method up to 20 years.
- The wet method can be carried out using special equipment, thanks to which ecowool is applied under pressure to the surface and avoids temporary shrinkage. The only drawback is that mandatory external wall cladding is required.
It is important to study these characteristics before starting to install ecowool, taking into account all kinds of advantages and disadvantages.
Ecowool is a hypoallergenic material, does not rot, has excellent heat and sound insulation performance. Thanks to anti-fading components, you can be sure that the house will be able to withstand the resistance in case of fire.
And also the likelihood of rodents and other insects entering the house is significantly reduced. The antiseptic increases the resistance to decay. In terms of sound insulation, ecowool is better than any mineral wool!
The material is laid in such a way that all voids are evenly closed with a special insulation composition based on high-tech cellulose. Thanks to this composition, you can "close" the wall from one side, or from two.
It is easy and simple to work with ecowool, a house with an area of 150 m 2 can be completely insulated with material in one day, taking into account all existing partitions.
Ecowool can be bought in every region and region, it is affordable, fully meets the objectives. The main thing is to correctly approach the choice of the manufacturer and calculate the amount of insulation in the bags of the material used.
Consider how best and how to insulate the roof. Instructions and training video on the arrangement of attic insulation. What is important to know about insulation and its use in wooden houses
Semi-dry floor screed in the apartment. Self-manufacturing technologies, with the help of guide beacons and with the help of reference sites and a laser level. Advantages and disadvantages of this type of surface leveling. What happens in case of violation and the rules of the work
What is liquid wallpaper? What are the characteristics of liquid wallpaper for wall decoration - advantages and disadvantages. Popular manufacturers, what textures are, how and how to apply them, how to prepare a wall
Tips on how to choose a brick for building a house. High-quality, properly fired brick has a reddish-brown tint and upon impact, such a brick will ring
Colon hydrotherapy: pros and cons, reviewsColon hydrotherapy is a procedure that began to gain momentum in popularity among Hollywood stars at the end of the last century. It can be carried out in SPA centers, beauty salons and other institutions that specialize in bowel cleansing