2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- The composition and principle of the crane
- How to bleed air from the heating system
- Tips for operating the Mayevsky crane
The Mayevsky crane is a device that is used to free the heating system from air masses that harm heat transfer. You can open and close it with a screwdriver or a special key. The Mayevsky crane, whose principle of operation is simple to genius, has been used in practice for over 80 years. And it is precisely with its simplicity that it has earned the trust of consumers.
This device is referred to as a radiator air needle valve according to government standards. And the Mayevsky crane is a popular name.
The composition and principle of the crane
The device of the Mayevsky crane does not allow everyone to open it at any time. This is done for reasonable purposes, since if it is easy and convenient to open it, everyone will start draining water from the batteries (especially residents of areas without hot water supply), and this will cause heat loss. In addition, such a design protects against childish pranks.
The Mayevsky crane structure consists of:
- screw in the form of a cone.
Both parts are tightly connected. They are most often made from brass. This metal does not corrode, which allows the device to serve for a long time. Air masses are released through a hole in the side of the case with a diameter of 2 mm. When the valve opens, air is released.
Obviously, due to the extremely small diameter of the air outlet, it is a weak point in the faucet, as it can get clogged, but it is easy to clean. To do this, you need to open the valve and free the holes from clogging using a regular needle.
Mayevsky's cranes can be opened in different ways - with a special key, a screwdriver, a wrench, or all of these at the same time. There are also taps that open with a special handle without any tools.
There are also Mayevsky's automatic cranes and their principle of operation is similar. Only the automatic opens itself when air appears in the coolant. The device reacts thanks to a compartment inside it with a plastic float. When the compartment is filled with air, the float opens the air outlet by means of a spring structure. When there is no air, the float closes the valve.
The automatic version is suitable when the heating is installed in hard-to-reach places or when it is required to frequently free the coolant from the air.
According to the laws of physics, air in pipes tends upward. Therefore, the installation of the Mayevsky crane should be carried out on the last floors and on the upper part of the radiator. Otherwise, there will be no effect from it.
How to bleed air from the heating system
The simplicity of the design implies ease of operation, but before using the Mayevsky crane, you need to take care of the cleanliness of the procedure - so as not to flood the neighbors and spoil the floor, you need to prepare a bucket.
To release the air from the heating radiator you need:
- Place a bucket under the drain hole, so that if water flows out, it does not fall on the floor.
- Using a special key, a screwdriver or a dead key, turn the valve counterclockwise one turn.
- After that, a characteristic hiss should appear, which indicates the release of air from the pipes.
- Then drops of water will go. As soon as the water begins to flow in a trickle, the valve should be tightened by turning it clockwise.
It must be remembered that the later you close the Mayevsky tap, the more water will flow out of the heating system. This threatens flooding and poor heat carrier efficiency. Therefore, when removing air from the pipes, you should always be near.
Tips for operating the Mayevsky crane
If a lot of air has accumulated in the heating system, then to speed up the process, you can turn the tap not by 1, but by 1.5-2 turns
If you unscrew the tapered part completely, then it will then be difficult to insert it into place due to the water pressure. So don't overdo it.
- If the heating system works with a pump that turns the coolant through the pipes forcibly, before using the Mayevsky tap, you must turn it off. You can start the procedure only 5 minutes after that. Otherwise, it will not be possible to extract air masses efficiently.
- It is not recommended to install Mayevsky automatic taps in conditions of a contaminated coolant. It will often clog up and will need to be cleaned.
- In central heating, you should use Mayevsky OMEC taps or domestic MS-140. They are able to withstand overloads up to 15 atmospheres, which are common in such systems. They can also be used on old cast iron radiators.
There are several factors that cause the RCD to shut down. First of all, this is an incorrect connection, a circuit breaker or mechanical actuation is not chosen at nominal
Tips on how to properly prepare and apply the finishing putty on the wall and create a smooth surface for painting. Choosing a good material for walls and ceilings (video)
How to check and eliminate the smell from ventilation in the kitchen and bathroom, causes and troubleshooting correct installation and choice of ventilation system for an apartment
What is an epoxy self-leveling floor, where is it used, what is the advantage. The technology of fast application of epoxy self-leveling floor. Do I need to use a bulk epoxy floor in the apartment?
Incorrect installation will lead to the formation of mold on the walls and mildew. Styrofoam and expanded polystyrene should be used under screeds to insulate attic and other enclosed spaces