2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Where is air heating used?
- Equipment used
- Types of air heating
- By way of circulation
- Globality (scale) of heating
- By the type of heat transfer
- System advantages and disadvantages
- How the system works
- Heating calculation
- Equipment purchase
- Fixing the air heating system
The air heating system of private houses is not only a modern type of heating, but also quite economical, which makes it possible to eliminate the need to use an intermediate heat carrier. For example, it can be water used for hot water heating. The main advantage of air heating is the absence of piping, concrete screed and waterproofing. But the system itself has a number of features that need to be studied. And let's look at what are the nuances, and how the air heating system is done by hand.
Where is air heating used?
To begin with, consider the use of an air heating system.
Most of it is used in the arrangement of household premises. In particular, its use is quite common in:
- Large storage facilities.
- Large hangars.
- In shopping centers and supermarkets.
- Entertainment centers.
In this case, a forced air circulation system is used, which ensures a full distribution of air flows throughout the room, which helps to maintain a stable temperature automatically.
The heating system itself is based on the method of heating air and its circulation. For the full implementation of the tasks presented, the following equipment is used:
- The main equipment is a gas air heater. located in one place, and its work is completely autonomous, since it does not require electricity. There are also other models of the heating element that use different fuels.
- The next element of the system is a heat exchanger. This device allows you to warm up the air streams, while completely isolating them from the exhaust gases, which prevents mixing of the two streams.
- Next, you need to mark the air ducts. These are channels through which air is directed directly to the premises to heat them.
- The air ducts are equipped with an air freshener, a filter and a humidifier, which allows you to control and maintain the quality of flows, as well as the room microclimate.
- A central air conditioner helps maintain indoor comfort in summer, using the same system as a heater in winter.
- And the last element is the automation system. It helps to control and adjust the operation of all heating, in particular, monitor and regulate the temperature, adjust the operating mode of generators and also has a lot of other functions, depending on the model.
A complete air heating circuit with all details is shown below:
Types of air heating
If you are planning to equip this kind of heating at home or in any room, then you should figure out what types of air heating are available. The very classification of such systems is carried out according to the following parameters:
- Depending on the circulation method.
- By the size (scale) of the system.
- Directly by location.
- And by the way of heat exchange.
Now it is worth taking a closer look at each of the options, describing it a little and considering it separately.
By way of circulation
The first parameter of the classification of systems is the way of circulation, and it can be presented in two versions:
In the first case, the circulation of the coolant in the system is carried out using special fans. They disperse hot air throughout the network, while the process itself occurs as quickly as possible, and the flows on the way to the room cool down minimally. Thus, the system becomes more profitable, since in the opposite direction the air flow is delivered not yet cooled down, and accordingly requires less fuel consumption for reheating.
In the case of natural circulation, the air rises through the pipes due to its lightness (as you know, warm / hot air is much lighter than usual). Thus, it moves much more slowly, and therefore quickly cools down and in this case the room will warm up rather slowly.
The next is the arrangement of the elements, which is also possible in several options:
- Suspended system.
By type, floor systems are more popular and profitable. This is due to the fact that the warm air rises upwards, respectively, if it is directed from the floor, then the heating of the room will start from the bottom, which will make it as comfortable as possible.
The system itself is hidden behind decorative elements, so it will not interfere with the interior. Most of it is hidden behind the baseboards, or even under the floor.
In the case of the suspension system, the air flows, on the contrary, go from top to bottom, and they reach the floor already cooled, respectively, at the level of the feet in the room, there will be a cool feeling.
Globality (scale) of heating
Here, the division is also carried out into two options, these are:
In the first case, heating of a certain area of a building, a separate room, or a small building is assumed.
The central one implies a full-fledged equipment for heating large buildings, in particular industrial and public ones. For example, supermarkets, train stations, hangars and many other buildings.
By the type of heat transfer
And the last type of classification is the type of heat transfer. It can be divided as follows:
- Supply system. Here, the equipment implies taking air only from the street, heating it and heating the premises with it. Cooled air inside with the help of equipped ventilation is removed outside.
- Partial recirculation, which involves taking air from the street, as well as heating the inside, which has already completely cooled down.
- And the last option is full recycling. This scheme assumes constant circulation and heating of internal air. The streams are in constant motion, cooling and heating up again.
The most common option is to fully recirculate the streams.
System advantages and disadvantages
The next thing that needs to be studied is all the advantages and disadvantages of air heating, equipped in a private house. To begin with, let's pay attention to the pluses, including:
- High level of efficiency of the heating system, reaching 90% with correct installation.
- There is no need to purchase radiators, piping and associated installation work, which significantly reduces costs.
- Unique possibility of combining heating and cooling (air conditioning) systems.
- High level of safety, since only heated air is used for full heating.
- Rapid warming up of the premises due to low air inertness.
- Heating itself can be carried out in any room, while on any floor and for any area.
And now let's talk about the disadvantages:
- The first and foremost thing is that such a system must be thought out even during construction, since it is impossible in a finished building without a lot of dismantling work.
- All equipment requires monitoring, and in addition, quite frequent maintenance.
- When arranging forced circulation, heating becomes volatile, which causes a complete shutdown of the heating system in the event of a power outage.
This completes the features, and you can move on to the next item.
How the system works
Regardless of what type of system is considered, it works according to a number of principles that are worth studying before deciding to install it. Next, let's look at a step-by-step algorithm of work:
- A heat generator using hot water, gas, steam, or another type of fuel (depending on the selected one) heats the air to the required temperature, which is set manually when setting up the equipment. This process is fully controlled by automation, when the set temperature level is reached, the system is turned off.
- Further, through the air ducts, streams of warm air are directed inside the premises. The net itself can be made with round or rectangular elements. The former have a lower resistance, while the latter are better suited to the interior of the premises, the choice here lies strictly with you.
- The next step is to fully warm up the room. This occurs when warm air enters through the distributor.
- After heating, when the air cools down, it is directed through a separate pipe system for reheating (or simply removed from the room, depending on the type of circulation).
Thus, there is a constant circulation of air flows, which helps to heat the room. The effectiveness of such heating depends strictly on the calculations performed, which affect the selection of equipment, the type of fuel.
It's time to figure out how to install an air heating system with your own hands. As mentioned earlier, it must be performed even at the stage of building construction. Now, let's take a step-by-step look at the process itself.
In particular, it can be divided into the following parts:
- System calculations.
- Purchase of equipment.
It is advisable to carry out everything under the supervision of specialists, and entrust the first stage to professionals. But let's get down to business.
Calculating the required data becomes the most time consuming and complex stage of the whole process. Here you need to carefully calculate and take into account the following indicators:
- Completely taking into account the errors, calculate the heat loss for each room that is planned to be heated.
- It will be determined with the choice of equipment, the type of heater and its power. Here everything will depend on the numbers obtained in the first paragraph.
- Based on the power of the heater, the amount of air that will enter the room is calculated.
- Then it is necessary to calculate the aerodynamics of the entire system.
- And the last step is to determine the diameter of the ducts.
And we repeat, it is better to entrust this to professionals, since any mistake in the calculations, and all the work and costs will be done in vain.
Regardless of the type of heating chosen, in any case, you need to purchase the following items:
- Heat generator. In its role is a heating boiler or stove. Its type is chosen in the calculations, as indicated earlier.
- The next element is the duct network. Most of them are made of steel. In the future, you can decorate and carry out repairs in such a way that these elements only complement the interior, and do not spoil it.
- And the last is the supply fan.
The first step, of course, is to acquire the most important element, namely the heat generator. Its choice depends on the heating calculations, which are carried out in the first stage.
Further, a fan, air ducts, tie-ins and dampers are purchased for it, which are recommended to be purchased directly from enterprises engaged in the production of ventilation equipment.
You will also need various kinds of fasteners, insulation, self-tapping screws and a number of other little things for installation, which can be found at any construction market or store.
Fixing the air heating system
Now let's move on directly to solving the question of how and in what order to fix the air heating system on our own. Let's consider this in the form of step-by-step instructions:
- First of all, a project for the location of all elements is created (it is better to entrust this business to professionals, since it is rather difficult to correctly perform such a task on your own).
- When there is an installation plan, the main duct is first mounted. As mentioned earlier, it is made of elements of a round or rectangular shape, the material for production is galvanized steel.
The channel itself needs to be made somewhat elongated. In particular, there should be another 50 centimeters left from the last tie-in of small air ducts. Such a move will help to normalize the air supply, and therefore all branches will supply the same amount.
- The next step is wiring, i.e. laying of smaller air ducts, which are attached to the main one. This step allows you to regulate the temperature of the premises by installing dampers.
The connection of the elements is fixed with reinforced tape or rigid clamps.
Then the heater itself is installed. In the standard assembly, it provides mounting holes into which all equipment is connected, in particular filters, stabilizers, air conditioning, etc.
- It is also required to check the operation of the automation, the entire safety control and regulation system must be fully operational, and temperature sensors are also required.
- Also note that when planning the installation of air conditioners, additional insulation of the air ducts will be required. It is recommended to use self-adhesive materials. Insulation will help protect the entire system from condensation, and, accordingly, significantly increase the service life.
This completes the installation features.
As it became clear, air heating of a private house is a pretty good option, but it has a number of its own characteristics that should be taken into account. It is worth saying that this type is not used very often in our country, since most buildings do not provide for heating during construction, but perform it after construction is completed. But in the west, most of the houses are equipped in this way.
And in conclusion, we suggest that you watch several videos that will more clearly help you understand how to make air heating at home with your own hands.
How to choose a heating system for your home. The procedure for connecting and distributing the heat load to heating radiators. Heating installation in a private house. Types of coolant circulation. One-pipe and two-pipe routing of pipes. Video on installing heating systems in the house
Councils for wiring in the house. Arrangement and connection of heating and water supply. Download e-book in fb2 format for free without registration book in fb2 format
The article describes in detail how to independently make a water supply system with your own hands in a private house or in the country. Tips and examples are provided. Various methods of work and types of water supply are considered
The big book of the dacha master Author: Igor Antonov Price: 109
His own plumber. Plumbing dacha communications Author: Andrey Kashkarov Price: 59.90 rub. Read the snippet Buy the book Beginning plumbers simply have to download the book for free without registration, because it has everything that a plumber needs. Starting from the simplest to the most difficult. After reading the online e-book, you will learn how to conduct water several hundred meters away, how you can control irrigation remotely, how to improve your house lighting to make it beautiful