2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Features of GVL bases
- Floor arrangement technology
- GVL laying
- Laying tiles
- Tips & Tricks
Many are interested in such a process as laying tiles on gypsum fiber board. Some do not even know at all whether it can be carried out. In response, it should be noted that this type of installation technology has been used for many years. The popularity of the method is due to the fact that for leveling the surface, laying gypsum fiber sheets, in other words, a dry screed, is the most convenient and tiles can be laid on the sheets. When arranging a dry screed, for the most part, it is laying tiles on gypsum plasterboard that becomes the main way out if you need to put floor tiles on a wooden floor. In addition, such a coating can also be found in any other room. This floor is quite practical and has many advantages.
Features of GVL bases
First, let's figure out what a GVL is. Everything is quite simple here, since these are the same sheets, the only difference of which is the improvement. In particular:
- The first difference is the lack of double-sided framing.
- In addition, the gypsum itself is reinforced with special cellulose components.
- There is also a high level of moisture resistance and fire resistance, and higher than that of gypsum board.
It should also be noted its great strength, which is why GVL sheets are used as a dry screed base. In cases where work is carried out in wet rooms, a specialized GVL is used, which has a higher level of moisture resistance.
Directly for the high-quality performance of work, it is necessary to fully comply with the technology, which implies a phased implementation of the following steps for laying the gypsum board on the floor.
Floor arrangement technology
As already mentioned, a complete dismantling of the entire old coating is initially carried out. The base is checked for any significant defects and the general condition is assessed. If it is unsteady and necessary, individual floor elements are replaced (in the case of a wooden floor).
Now you need to talk a little directly about the features of the installation of GVL:
- It must be laid along the room, which will reduce material consumption.
- It is recommended to use self-tapping screws or dowels for fastening and bandaging. Fastening is carried out in 20 cm increments.
- After laying, the surface primer becomes an obligatory procedure, it will contribute to good adhesion to the putty and tiles.
It is necessary to make a small offset at the seams, it must be clearly monitored. The maximum permissible value is 20 cm.
- Also a good option for using this kind of sheets is to create a two-layer floor. The thickness of the sheet itself is 20 mm. In addition, the material itself is easy to install and allows you to significantly speed up the repair process, since it does not require time for solidification of solutions and other actions.
We figured out whether it is possible to lay tiles on a dry screed or not, and now it is necessary to proceed directly to the very arrangement of the coating. The installation itself is carried out on an adhesive mixture. Her choice becomes an important factor. It is necessary that the adhesive matches the coating as indicated on the package. Also pay attention to the expiration date. Therefore, on the issue of tiles on gypsum fiber board and what kind of glue to buy for it, it is better to consult the store.
Note that laying is carried out only on dry and primed surfaces. To carry out the work, we need the following tools:
- Rule and level.
- Rubber hammer.
- A set of spatulas.
The solution to the problem of how to put tiles on a dry Knauf screed is started a day after priming. Installation is carried out as follows:
- First of all, the number of rows of tiles with and without a pattern is determined, as well as all the fragments that need to be cut.
- Next, the glue is diluted in accordance with the instructions on the package.
- Using a spatula, the mixture is applied to the base and leveled.
After that, furrows are made with a notched trowel.
- Tiles are laid on top, while pressed to the desired level.
- After each laying and leveling, the level of the surface is checked, if necessary, it is trimmed.
During the arrangement, it is necessary to immediately form the seams, which is done using special crosses or SVPs.
- When laying tiles in the corners of the room and at the joints, the arrangement is carried out using special corners. It is they who allow the styling to be carried out as beautifully and evenly as possible. They are often used by specialists in their work, but even for a beginner, working with such a device will not be difficult. We also note that these corners (trims) can be matched to the color of the tiles, which will allow you to even decorate the room in some way.
- When laying tiles at the joints, the laying technology does not change. Laying continues as usual.
- The most difficult option is cutting the corner and laying it. Especially when it comes to acute angles of 45 degrees. In this case, a tile cutter is used. Or you can arm yourself with a special machine that is equipped with rotary mechanisms. Accordingly, the second option will be much better, but not everyone has such a machine.
The last stage of installation is grouting. The crosses are taken out, after which a special composition is applied with a rubber spatula.
- In case of grouting in the bathroom or kitchen, it is necessary to additionally apply sealant to the joint.
In the case of laying on a wall, grouting is carried out immediately after the glue dries, for floor tiles, not earlier than after 3 days. In addition, for drying, it is necessary to arrange for acceptable conditions, more specifically, a minimum amount of moisture and steam. It should also be noted that the air temperature should be between 18 and 25 degrees.
Tips & Tricks
Now, here are some tips and tricks given by professionals:
- The tile adhesive must be applied to a small area, which will be processed within 20 minutes. Otherwise, the glue will harden.
- All excess glue that protrudes during installation must be removed immediately, otherwise it will be impossible to remove them later.
- When laying gypsum fiber board, it is imperative to bandage between the sheets, which will provide greater resistance to stress.
- Before laying the tiles, the flooring of gypsum fiber board must be kept for at least 3 days, after which the priming and laying should be started.
- When buying a glue mixture, you need to make sure that it is suitable for pasting gypsum fiber sheets.
- Installation should be carried out only when the primer is completely dry, while strictly following the technology presented above.
By following these recommendations, you can avoid a lot of problems and difficulties.
In conclusion, I would like to note that laying tiles on GVL will be an excellent option for decorating any surface and any room. Floors of this type can boast a number of attractive features, in particular, heat and sound insulation characteristics. Such factors for a residential building, especially for an apartment, are very important and necessary.
Consider whether it is possible to lay tiles on drywall in the bathroom and which tile adhesive is better to choose. GKL preparation rules and tips on how to stick ceramic tiles with your own hands: video, photo
Types Of Soaring Plasterboard Ceiling. Methods For Mounting A Frame For A Ceiling Made Of Gypsum Board
Ideas for creating a beautiful floating plasterboard ceiling with lighting will create an imitation of an airy ceiling space. A way to create a design with photos and videos. Detailed work plan
A very important issue when finishing frame houses is the technology of laying tiles on OSB and how it is performed. The recommendation is quite simple, but it has installation features
All kinds of options and methods for laying ceramic tiles on the hay and floor. The nuances and advantages of each of the methods, the alternation of colors and textures of the tiles. Basic, in ligation, modular and diagonal
Tips For Laying Ceramic Tiles On Walls And Floors. Advantages Of Ceramic Tiles, Tips For Choosing, Secrets. Surface Preparation For Tiles
Tabletop tips for laying ceramic tiles, the secrets of craftsmanship. Getting ready for tiling: 5 useful tips The advantages of ceramic tiles are obvious: being one of the most ancient materials used in decoration, tiles are an environmentally friendly product, durable, unpretentious in maintenance, waterproof, relatively inexpensive, presented in a large assortment. Consider a few tips for tiling with ceramic tiles, advantages, tips for choosing how to cut correctly