2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- What are plasterboard ceilings?
- Single-level ceiling as a work of art
- Two-level ceiling. Design features for rooms for different purposes
- Children's room - a special world of your home
- The ceiling in the nursery can be different
A gyiscardboard ceiling in a nursery can be an ordinary flat surface. Such a surface can be painted white, painted in different colors, or painted. Such a ceiling is also suitable for gluing wallpaper. It is made in those rooms, the height of which does not exceed 2.6 m. But even such a surface, ordinary at first glance, can be turned into something special. The suspended structure makes this possible.
What are plasterboard ceilings?
Much more opportunities to make a work of art out of an ordinary horizontal line are provided by options for a multi-level ceiling. This is a wide field of activity, both for your fantasies and for the ideas of designers. A large selection of lighting fixtures for suspended structures allows you to create a truly unique design for your apartment. Especially popular is a two-level suspended ceiling made of plasterboard for a nursery with lighting. Having some skills in handling a power tool, you can actually design such a ceiling yourself. The only condition is that the height of the old ceiling must be from 2.8 m and higher. Beauty is always better perceived from a distance.
But first things first…
Single-level ceiling as a work of art
Turn your small apartment or old house with low ceilings into a modern home with a single-level plasterboard ceiling with lighting. There is a lot of lighting equipment in wide availability for suspended ceilings. In addition to the traditional chandelier, such a surface can be decorated with point light sources.
Spotlighting is usually used in large rooms to highlight a particular interior. A single-level ceiling with illumination will "steal" only 6-8 cm from the height of the room. But it will make the room more comfortable and unusual.
It is desirable to arrange spotlights on the ceiling symmetrically! Chaotically placed light sources can cause negative emotions.
Not so long ago, plasterboard ceilings with diode illumination around the perimeter came into fashion. This type of additional lighting is good for bedrooms, children's rooms and hallways. The lighting around the perimeter also looks good in the hall if you need to create a romantic atmosphere. For such a backlight, an LED strip or duralight is usually used.
It is possible to make such a plasterboard ceiling for a nursery with your own hands. It is imperative to draw up a sketch, put down dimensions. On separate sheets, draw a diagram of a frame made of a metal profile, as well as the location of light sources. Detailed instructions on this are easy to find on the Internet.
Two-level ceiling. Design features for rooms for different purposes
A two-level plasterboard suspended ceiling for a nursery with lighting does not need advertising. It can be inexpensive or a decent amount. But it is always very beautiful and unusual. Simple options for execution can be thought out and implemented by yourself, more sublime and complex ones are best entrusted to professionals. The main thing is that the result will bring joy and pride for more than a dozen years. Whatever ceiling design you use, the main thing is to observe a sense of proportion and general signs of the chosen style.
It is important to maintain the concept of plasterboard ceiling design in the nursery, common for the entire apartment. But still, the design in each room will be different - from color to lighting. Let's try to figure out the details.
- Hall, it's a living room. The space around which the small universe of your lifestyle revolves. A large space, not cluttered with furniture, provides ample opportunities for the realization of imagination. A traditional chandelier can be combined with LED lighting between levels and spotlights that highlight a specific area in the room. The nature of the level drawing largely determines the overall style of the house.
- Bedroom. It is a place for rest and relaxation. White space of the ceiling, muted lighting around the room. Simple, non-eye-catching transition lines between ceiling levels. Luxury in simplicity.
- Kitchen. This room is characterized by high temperature and humidity. Therefore, it is better for her to buy a moisture-resistant gypsum board. And when finishing, these factors should also be taken into account. A two-level plasterboard ceiling with diode lighting will be the best solution for the kitchen. A good design option would be the allocation of a dining area and a cooking area.
- Hallway. Neon lighting may well be suitable for the ceiling in the hallway. Night illumination is especially relevant if there are small children in the house. Plasterboard ceilings with lighting around the perimeter are the right solution for a small hallway.
- Children's. The design of the ceiling of this room will largely depend on the gender and age of the children. Bright colors, unusual shapes of levels or finishing of a plasterboard ceiling in a nursery with photo wallpaper - all this is quite appropriate for renovation. It is possible to highlight the activity area with spotlights. Diode ceiling lighting may well be used for night lighting. A plasterboard ceiling for a children's room should not be just beautiful.
Children's room - a special world of your home
The inner world of a child is a whole universe. These are the pages of a book that is still being written. And it largely depends on the parents what this book will be like. After all, the character is formed not only by the kindergarten, school or friends of the child. The environment that surrounds him in childhood also contributes. It is necessary to find out what interests him at this or that age. And make out the design of the nursery in accordance with his views and preferences.
Bright and rich colors have always attracted the interest of children. Scientists have conducted various studies that have shown that a child often changes his interest in colors as he grows up. Babies under ten years old experience the greatest cravings for red, pink or yellow colors. As they get older, kids may come to love shades of blue.
The craving for your favorite color also depends on what gender the child is. As studies have shown, almost all girls like pink, lavender, purple colors. Boys, on the other hand, prefer blue. It turned out that children's love for certain colors can also depend on acquired preferences. And some of the scientists are still sure that the love of certain colors in children is inherited.
A plasterboard ceiling in a nursery is a large free space, a kind of window into another dimension. And if the baby, falling asleep, sees the blue sky and white clouds painted on it, his dream will be bright and happy.
The ceiling in the nursery can be different
As mentioned above, the style of decorating a room for children must meet several criteria. This is especially true of the ceiling - a large free space that is hard to miss. If parents are seriously concerned about the future of their children, then they should take this task seriously.
Plasterboard ceilings for a nursery can be designed taking into account several main factors:
- Age. The desires and interests of a kindergarten child cannot be compared to the vision of the world of a 12-year-old.
- The gender of the child. It is unlikely that the boy will like pink flowers and butterflies painted on the walls and ceiling. And girls are rarely interested in racing cars, even if they are cartoon characters.
- Color spectrum. It turns out that this factor greatly influences the formation of human character. You just need to take a closer look at what colored pencils, paints, colored paper the kid uses during games in order to have an idea of his character. But don't forget that color preferences change with age.
- The number of children living in the room. Usually they are of different ages and different interests.
- Sometimes there is a boy and a girl in the same nursery. This is a different worldview, different toys, different preferences.
The height and area of the room itself also affect the style and design of the ceiling.
All these factors can be taken into account and implemented by making plasterboard ceilings in one or several levels in the nursery. They are ideal, primarily because gypsum does not cause allergies. The health of the child is above all, because single-level plasterboard ceilings are so in demand when decorating a children's bedroom. Another nice feature of them is the ability to slightly change the design of the ceiling in a short time. On a smooth surface, there is where to show imagination. Paint with colored paints; stick wallpaper with flowers that delight the eyes of a child; apply photo wallpaper; decorate with spotlights with light diffusers - this is not a complete list of the possibilities of such a ceiling.
And if the kid likes to see the heroes of his favorite cartoons on the ceiling, then in five to six years he will be interested in, for example, the starry sky or modern military aviation.
And in fact, and in another case, it is convenient to use photo wallpaper. And the perfectly flat surface of the drywall ceiling for boys will add realism to the image on it.
An important component of a plasterboard ceiling for a nursery will be the color scheme prevailing in the room.
And here it is a good idea to know what colors children can like and benefit from. And which ones will be superfluous when decorating a room in which a considerable part of a child's life will take place. Here is what psychologists advise on this matter.
Yellow is the most commonly used color for plasterboard ceiling designs in children's rooms. This sunlight will not only improve the mood, but also improve the baby's attention, and even develop his intuitive knowledge of the world. Interior design with the use of yellow will help in learning and a cheerful perception of the environment. The rising sun with rays all over the ceiling will encourage him to be active and observant.
Such a sun with diode illumination of rays will look especially good.
With the dark blue color of the ceiling, the child relieves nervous tension and improves sleep. However, the beauty of this color is deceiving, and it should be used in a nursery mixed with other colors. The rich darkness of blue can plunge a child into depression and become uncomfortable.
The best way out of this situation may be to combine blue with other colors. For example, a sky with clouds floating on it.
The use of green in the interior evokes associations with nature, its silence and tranquility. This color in the nursery will really help the baby to feel protected, which has a positive effect on well-being, and improves medical performance. And additional decoration - for example, a butterfly - will give the ceiling in the nursery a unique appeal.
But when your child has a calm character from birth, plasterboard ceilings in the nursery are not desirable to be decorated with a predominance of green.
It makes sense to use pink in the interior of the ceiling if a girl will live in the room. It is the color of calmness, lack of stress and improved mood. With its calming effect, it will bring success in school, improve self-esteem and allow the girl to become a princess for a while.
A plasterboard ceiling in a children's room for a girl is not difficult to make in several levels and diversify with spotlights. It is easy to understand that pink is contraindicated for boys, because it does not contribute to the birth of masculinity in them.
Whatever drywall ceiling you have to create in the nursery - single-level or multi-level, this will make the life of your child more interesting and informative. After all, children are the flowers of life.
DIY Plasterboard Ceiling With Photo. How To Make Installation Of A Suspended, Suspended Plasterboard Ceiling With Video
Check out the photo and video instructions on how to make a plasterboard suspended ceiling with your own hands. Installation of a suspended ceiling From gypsum plasterboard can be done independently even by someone who has never done this
Ceiling Profile For Plasterboard Ceiling Structures. Creating A Frame For A Plasterboard Ceiling: Assembly And Installation Instructions
What you need to know about the ceiling profile and the structure of the metal frame. Types and features of the choice of the manufacturer of the profile for the ceiling. What kind of profile for plasterboard and what size to use in what cases, what dimensions will be needed, how they differ from each other. Installation rules, step-by-step instructions with photo + video
Types Of Soaring Plasterboard Ceiling. Methods For Mounting A Frame For A Ceiling Made Of Gypsum Board
Ideas for creating a beautiful floating plasterboard ceiling with lighting will create an imitation of an airy ceiling space. A way to create a design with photos and videos. Detailed work plan
The stretch ceiling lighting looks great in any room. LED strip mounting technology and options for using the backlight under a stretch ceiling
Decorating, Leveling The Walls With Plasterboard With Your Own Hands, Photo. Correct Cladding, Leveling The Walls With Plasterboard Video
We learn to align the walls of the gypsum board with sheets correctly