2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Types and methods of installation
- What to consider when buying a washbasin
- Installation work
- Types of sink siphons
- Installing the washbasin
- Sink mounting height
It is not difficult to install the sink in the bathroom, even plumbers take a little for this work - the work is simple. But at the same time, this is a responsible matter - because how did you manage to install a sink in the bathroom, not only the appearance of the room and the convenience of using the plumbing fixture, but also the sanitary and hygienic situation in your entire apartment directly depends.
If you recall, quite recently in our country the problem of choosing a sink suitable for your apartment did not exist. The same type of product was in almost every bathroom. Nowadays, the variety of these products allows you to create an interior that fully meets your taste, but at the same time, a rich choice poses many questions for the owner of the home.
Types and methods of installation
The installation method of this plumbing fixture directly depends on its type. The most common are:
- Wall-hung or console washbasin - mounted to the wall with brackets. The shape and dimensions of the device can vary greatly, it is easy to install. But there is a significant drawback - communications remain in sight;
- Built-in washbasin - installed in the countertop. The design hides all unsightly communications and makes it possible to use furniture with a built-in sink for storing small items. True, this design takes up a lot of space;
- "Tulip" (with a pedestal) - is distinguished by a special pedestal on which a bowl is installed, which is attractive in appearance and allows you to hide communications, which led to the popularity of this model;
- Sink to the bathroom with a semi-pedestal - for such products, the pedestal is attached to the wall, it requires the supply of a sewer pipe at a certain height.
What to consider when buying a washbasin
Going for a sink, you need to know exactly what type of sink you need. In addition, you need to know the permissible dimensions of the device and what is the required installation height of the washbasin, for which measurements are taken of the place in the bathroom where it will stand. Almost any shape of a bowl is suitable, the optimal length should be at least 55 cm, otherwise, during use, water will spray around the room. These products are produced with holes for the mixer and blind, for this reason, the method of installing the mixer and the appropriate size of the washbasin for the bathroom must be calculated in advance. It is better to purchase it at the same time as the sink in order to immediately test their compatibility. In addition, do not forget about the correspondence of the fixing elements of the device and the water supply system.
Before fixing the washbasin to the wall, you need to determine if it can support the additional weight. If in doubt, it is better to use a supporting frame for mounting the device. For convenience, we immediately mount the crane, instructions for installing the mixer.
The work of installing a sink consists of several stages:
- We choose the place where the device will be installed.
- We draw a horizontal line corresponding to the upper part of the sink, be sure to use a building level, check its horizontalness. Places for fasteners are marked as follows - the washbasin is aligned along a line with the upper edge and then the attachment points are marked with a marker. It must be remembered that the height of the washbasin should be such that it is convenient to use it.
- We again check if the height of the washbasin is suitable for you, if it is necessary to change something, it is better to do this at this stage of work. Holes are made in the places where the fasteners will be located with a puncher. They should be slightly smaller than the anchors used. We introduce glue into the drilled holes, for a stronger connection, and dowels are driven into them.
- Now you need to install the bowl, for this we screw the plumbing self-tapping screws into the holes prepared in advance. We check the reliability of the fastening and install the sink on them. After that, we put on the spacer washers on the screws, and screw them in slowly. It is not necessary to make significant efforts, otherwise the bowl may burst. We close the fasteners with decorative plugs.
After that, we can assume that the installation of the sink is over. Now you need to turn on the water and check if the installation was done correctly. If somewhere, water is leaking, then most likely you just need to tighten the connections, having previously coated it with a sealant.
There should be no gaps between the hay and the sink. The gap can cause water to spill onto the floor and ruin the finish. If there is still a gap, then the joint must be sealed with silicone sealant. In most cases, the installation of the sink is not difficult. If you do all the work correctly and accurately, without neglecting what is said in the instructions, the result will certainly be positive. Fixing the sink correctly and in a suitable place will prolong its service life.
Types of sink siphons
The S-shaped corrugated hose is the simplest siphon, in theory it is enough for a simple washbasin, it does not get food residues, hygiene items or toilet paper. But there is one caveat - during cleaning with a plunger, the corrugation moves strongly and after a short time breaks, it is generally impossible to clean it with a cable. For this reason, if you have to frequently clean the sewer in the apartment, you must use a hard siphon, in which there is a hole with a lid for checking and cleaning it, and for a sink installed in a bathroom or kitchen, it is mandatory.
There are two types of rigid siphons:
- siphon bottle;
- The pinnacle of the evolution of these products and also of the tulip washbasins is the chrome-plated decorative siphon with an opening for revision. Moreover, such a device is very functional and completely hygienic. But such a siphon is much more expensive than usual.
Installing the washbasin
Do-it-yourself installation of the washbasin in the bathroom is done by attaching it to the wall with dowels on special brackets.
You need to know that to install a tulip sink on a pedestal even from the floor to the bottom of the sink - you should not consider it as a supporting element of the appliance! Self-tapping screws must still be buried at least 70 mm into the wall surface, for this reason, self-tapping screws with a length of 100 mm or more should be used if the wall is tiled on a layer of plaster, and longer fasteners for thicker coatings. Propylene dowels must be used, metal anchor bolts are well suited. PVC fasteners crack when humidity and temperature change, metal rusts, and polyethylene ones have low strength.
The spacious bathrooms use a vanity sink. A lot of space for such a design is necessary because dirt collects inside the cabinet and under it. And the volume of the seemingly large dressing table is not too large - the main part of the space is occupied by pipes and a siphon
Nowadays, all plumbing fixtures are sold with ready-made gaskets. When installing them, you must follow a few simple rules:
- Seal only dry joints. You can dry them if necessary before using a household hairdryer.
- It is not advisable to grasp the areas where the gasket will stand with your hands. Captured areas - degrease by washing in water with a dishwashing detergent.
- Paronite gaskets - hard, yellow, gray or red, are installed between the metal pipe and the plastic elements.
- Plastic pipes are made with a margin, they must be cut exactly to size, in the absence of experience in such work - do this only with a special pipe cutter. Even a minimal misalignment will cause a joint leak.
- Before installation, rubber gaskets are treated with silicone sealant. The latter requires explanation. Separately, the silicone and rubber gasket can last 3-5 years, and when installed together, they serve an unusually long time. The reason is the difference in thermal expansion of these materials.
If you install the sink correctly, taking these points into account, then the reliability of the connections is guaranteed.
Sink mounting height
At what height the washbasin will be installed is not regulated by any documents, it is customary to install it 80-85 cm from the floor. Do whatever is more convenient for you - in a short family you can place it a little lower than generally accepted norms, and for tall people you can raise it. True, if you need to install a sink with a pedestal, then during installation, it will be necessary to focus on its height.
The installation video will help you understand this issue.
Methods For Attaching Facing Bricks To The Gas Block And Foam Block. Option To Overlap A Window Opening
The best options for attaching facing bricks to load-bearing walls made of foam concrete and aerated concrete using homemade and ready-made anchors have been selected. Tips on how to lay the facing brick over the window and securely fasten the facing brick to the foam block without injuring the removed mortgages
Depending on the installation option, you can choose which fasteners to install the door block in the apartment so that the interior door will serve as a video for a long time
Waste sink design, types of siphons by design and materials, advice on choosing. The procedure for self-installation of a bottle siphon
There are two ways to fix drywall to the wall: frame and frameless. Drywall can be attached to the profile with self-tapping screws, brackets, screws. The most commonly used screws for metal. They have a finer thread and a comfortable head
The correct choice of a mixture for the installation of a base layer of a self-leveling floor, the main positive qualities of a self-leveling mixture, paying attention to the manufacturer