2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Installing a shower siphon
- Installation of the shower tray
- Fastening the walls of the shower cabin
- Connecting the shower water supply yourself
- Shower enclosure assembly recommendations
Some bathrooms are of such dimensions that it is impossible to install a full bathroom in them. A practical solution in such situations would be to buy a shower complex and install a shower cabin with your own hands. It is also a very economical option for small bathroom renovations and furnishings.
Self-assembly of a shower stall is a very troublesome and time-consuming process, which is complicated by work in a confined space. All actions must be carried out in stages, performing additional assembly and final adjustment. Ways to eliminate breakdowns in the shower.
Today's hardware stores provide a huge variety of showers. Many of them have instructions containing several schematic drawings.
The installation methods of the shower cabin are divided into angular and rectangular types. And they also differ from the types of construction, which are:
- open, they contain only the pallet and the front side;
- closed, they consist of a pallet, front wall, roof and back wall.
The type of construction is selected depending on the size of the room. The main difficulty in assembling a shower is the cramped space, therefore, further maintenance should be taken into account during installation.
Installing a shower siphon
Before installing the shower siphon, you should decide on the optimal height of the pallet. To do this, you need to make preliminary measurements, bait and try on all the fasteners at the installation site. In addition, you can connect the drain to the sewer.
With a low pallet, installing a simple siphon would be an excellent option. To ensure unimpeded repair and cleaning, it is necessary to install the siphon so that free access to it and pipes is provided. The siphon must be selected according to the diameter and type of the pallet.
Installation of the shower tray
Self-assembly of the shower tray is recommended to be divided into two stages:
- baiting of fasteners;
- on-site application.
For the first stage, a spacious room with a flat floor is best suited. It will be inconvenient to spend it directly in the bathroom.
Before installing the pallet, it is necessary to connect the water drainage system. This is done with flexible hoses. First, the pallet must be assembled. This requires:
- put the pallet on the legs;
- screw in long pins until they stop;
- screw the central leg on the shortest support;
- fix the pallet to the wooden blocks and tighten all fasteners;
- set the rest of the legs that distribute the load on the pallet under the level and secure;
- insert fasteners for the screen;
- put the tray on the floor at the place where the shower is installed;
- connect flexible hoses to the water supply and the drain hose to the sewer;
- check drain and tightness.
To check if water is fully drained from the pan, it is recommended to connect a drain hose to the sewer pipe and fill it with water. The drain work is the better, the faster the water leaves. It can be adjusted by changing the height of the pallet.
When purchasing a set of a shower cabin, an installation manual is attached, which indicates all the connection points and the necessary diagrams are attached.
Fastening the walls of the shower cabin
A very important step in the self-installation of a shower stall is the installation of glass rails. This requires:
- mark the attachment points of the side panel on the wall, this is done with a level;
- make holes in the wall for fasteners, this is done with a drill or puncher;
- fix the side shower panel to the wall;
- attach the glass part of the booth to the panel and check for gaps;
- install both side panels and an adapter between them;
- attach the panels to the upper frame.
When assembling a closed shower stall:
- fix the panel that forms the roof on the wall;
- put a silicone contour on the back wall, and insert into the grooves of the horizontal panel;
- fix with plastic brackets;
- attach the front to the side panels;
- mount side panels;
- install the top;
- install silicone rollers in sliding doors;
- install sliding doors, eliminating distortions.
With plastic walls of open type shower stalls, sealing is required. Sliding elements require the installation of a sealing rubber. Pass the joints with silicone sealant
Connecting the shower water supply yourself
When connecting the water supply to the shower stall, you must use special connectors and reliable pipes. In this situation, fasteners and practical clamps are perfect.
The connection begins by shutting off the main water supply. Then a hole is drilled in the wall or tile with a drill, into which the anchor and screws are installed, not forgetting the silicone seal. After that, the hoses are fixed. On the outside of the shower panel, water supply pipes and decorative plates are installed. Then the correct installation and tightness is checked, and the handle is fixed.
Shower enclosure assembly recommendations
- When buying a shower cabin, it is recommended to clarify all dimensions, taking into account the dimensions of the room. The method of fastening and the elements suitable for this will depend on the selected material;
- Many pallets are made of plastic, which may not withstand the volume of water and the mass of a person, so it is worth building a drain podium;
- The highest safety requirements must be observed when installing glass elements.
- When installing a shower cabin, it is recommended to carefully check the possibility of leaks and tightness;
- In addition, it is recommended to take into account the preferences of all those who will use the shower stall. It can be located to the right or left of the front door.
If you follow all the instructions and take into account the necessary requirements, installing a shower stall with your own hands does not involve special costs. And the knowledge gained during the assembly process will help to quickly eliminate any problem arising from the operation.
How to choose the right furniture lock for children, diagram and installation instructions. Photos and videos on installing a furniture lock. How to open a zip lock if the key is lost
Instructions on how to restore a wooden or veneered lacquered table. How to properly varnish the surface and carry out the restoration yourself and inexpensively
Scheme and principle of operation of the Bosch 2-20, 2-24, 2-26 perforator. Special differences in the designs of Bosch perforators, the method of disassembling and repairing perforators with our own lessons
What kind of sparking is permissible on the brushes of the Makita perforator. Checking the collector output for wear and beating, how to grind the collector yourself (video)
Comparison of shower cabins and shower enclosures by the most important parameters. Our article will help you make the right choice. No ads or misconceptions