2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- Benefits of LED ceiling lighting
- Variants of using tape in lighting ceilings
- Single-level stretch ceiling with LED perimeter lighting
- Stretch ceiling with LED strip
- Two-level backlight
- Translucent stretch ceiling
- LED strip mounting technology under the ceiling
Making repairs in an apartment or a private house, people strive to create an interesting and original interior. Ceiling decoration plays an important role in giving a room a special atmosphere or sophistication. The illumination of a stretch ceiling with an LED strip from the inside looks very impressive. In this combination, LEDs are not only an interior decoration, but can also act as the main source of illumination.
Benefits of LED ceiling lighting
To create a stretch ceiling with lighting inside, different types of lighting devices are used: LEDs, duralight cord, fluorescent lamps. However, the use of an LED strip for these purposes has a number of undeniable advantages:
- LEDs do not heat up the PVC ceiling. Accordingly, it does not deform or bend. In this regard, there is practically no alternative to LED strip.
- The LED strip has a long lifespan of over 10,000 hours for white LEDs and over 30,000 hours for color ones. For this reason, they do not require access for maintenance, which is very important if a stretch ceiling is planned in the room.
- The power consumption of the LEDs is minimal.
- LED strip provides uniform light, while it can be used to create shapes of any shape on the ceiling and be laid in a structure of complex configuration.
- Use colored LED strips under a stretch ceiling, which will diversify the design of the ceiling.
- The light intensity can be adjusted by connecting the LED strip to the dimmer.
The main disadvantage of LEDs is the price. However, the reliability that they guarantee when used to illuminate a stretch ceiling from the inside, more than compensates for this disadvantage.
Use LED strip to decorate the ceiling in the nursery. The soft glow of the ribbon will allow a baby who is afraid of the dark to sleep peacefully. And the low energy consumption will give parents the opportunity to leave the lighting on all night without worrying about the family budget.
Variants of using tape in lighting ceilings
Installation of LED lighting under a stretch ceiling is possible in several main ways. The choice depends on the initial design idea of the owners of the room, as well as the height of the room and the distance by which it can be reduced for the device of the lighting system.
Single-level stretch ceiling with LED perimeter lighting
One-level stretch ceiling with LED perimeter lighting is the most popular way to use the tape. Visually, the ceiling appears to be floating in the air. The soft glow helps to tune in to relaxation and creates an atmosphere of calm and comfort. The backlight brightness can be adjusted. The LED strip is attached behind a special ceiling plinth slightly below the ceiling level, and the stretch canvas is suitable for both glossy and matte.
Stretch ceiling with LED strip
A stretch ceiling with a LED strip installed inside allows you to create a unique light pattern. With one touch of a switch, you can turn a room into a disco hall, light up the starry sky or please children with images of your favorite cartoon characters. For patterned lighting, it is necessary to use a stretch fabric that transmits light rays. Glossy film will not work in this case, since it is absolutely opaque. It is better to opt for matte canvases.
Illumination of a stretch ceiling with an LED strip is also possible when creating two-level structures, the perimeter of which is made of gypsum board. With this installation method, the tape is hidden in the resulting plasterboard box. The power supply unit and other necessary equipment can also be placed there. It is not recommended to use a glossy stretch fabric: the tape and all accessories will be reflected in it, like in a mirror.
Translucent stretch ceiling
Another interesting way to install lighting under a stretch ceiling is to use a special translucent stretch fabric. It is produced, for example, by the French company Clipso. Such canvases have a smaller thickness compared to fabric or PVC models and transmit light well, which allows LED backlighting to play the role of the main lighting in the room. Unfortunately, this type of ceiling is quite expensive.
Try to use LED strips of different types in the design of the ceiling, differing in color, the number of LEDs per square meter. This will allow you to create several lighting zones in the room and diversify the interior.
LED strip mounting technology under the ceiling
Installation of LED lighting under a stretch ceiling can be done by hand even for a person with minimal construction skills. It is necessary to draw a diagram of its location, calculate the required length, as well as purchase power supplies and fixing accessories.
Nuances to consider during installation:
before starting work, the ceiling surface must be cleaned and degreased. Neglecting this step can lead to the fact that after installing the ceiling sheet, the tape will fall off, completely violating the design intent
You don't have to buy special products to clean and degrease the ceiling. Ordinary soap solution and alcohol are perfect for these purposes.
- the length of the continuous tape connection should be no more than 5 meters. Sections are connected to the power supply unit in parallel;
- it is necessary that the total power of the tape segments does not exceed the power of the power supply. Ideal if the power supply has a power reserve of 25%;
- cutting and marking the tape while at the top of the ceiling is difficult and inconvenient. Therefore, you should perform these works in advance. The tape can only be cut in places where there is a special marking.
Do not remove all of the protective coating from the adhesive tape at once. Release 10-15 cm in stages. Otherwise, the tape will greatly complicate your work, sticking wherever possible.
The use of LEDs in ceiling structures is a modern and unusual way of decorating a room. A little imagination and knowledge of the features of their installation will make the stretch ceiling with LED lighting the main element of the interior.