2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- What is Knauf technology?
- What are the advantages of Knauf technology?
- Types of partitions Knauf
- Knauf partitions construction
Plasterboard is the most popular material for building partitions, decorative structures, wall niches, openings, arches and much more. But all this requires a reliable support structure. They can be made both from wood and from a profile. Today Knauf partitions are very popular. This is a plasterboard construction, the frame of which is made exclusively of a metal profile. At the same time, all sorts of nuances are observed that can harm the integrity and overall reliability.
What is Knauf technology?
Knauf plasterboard wall technology consists primarily in the use of high-quality and reliable materials:
- putty, mesh and more.
The advantages of the Knauf profile include the fact that when joining the rack with the guide, no irregularities and protrusions are formed on the wall surface. And this is an undoubted advantage, because it allows you to save money on finishing mixes.
Knauf drywall installation technology provides for the use of branded moisture-resistant sheets. Materials from this manufacturer also have increased resistance to both mechanical factors and moisture. The assortment of this type of product includes sheets of 5 standard sizes, which greatly speeds up the installation process. And only mineral wool is used as a heater and sound insulator.
Knauf fasteners and hardware are made from durable types of plastics, and metal products undergo anti-corrosion treatment.
The company is engaged in the production of a huge number of product names, so almost everything needs to be used from this brand.
What are the advantages of Knauf technology?
The main difference between Knauf products is their high durability and excellent quality. Therefore, Knauf drywall installation technology must be performed at the appropriate level. The technology does not allow for carelessness and poor quality work. When starting to build partitions using this technology, you should adhere to all its principles:
- Before screwing on the plasterboard sheets, it is necessary to glue the outer part of the profile with thermal insulation tape. This will prevent the possibility of dampness on the wall surface in case of freezing of the profile.
The step of fastening the guide and the installation of the rack profile should be no more than 60 cm, if no loads will be applied to the wall. If furniture or appliances will be hung on the wall, then the number of racks and the step of fastening should be increased.
- Knauf plasterboard partitions installation technology provides for the creation of walls with maximum strength, therefore, to strengthen individual sections of the structure, it is necessary to use a double profile (insert one into one with an overlap of 10% of its width).
- Docking of long sections of profiles must be carried out staggered or staggered. This is necessary in order to exclude the possibility of vibration and deformation of the finished structure. In this case, the overlap should be at least 10 dimensions of its width.
- To connect the profiles to each other according to the technology, a cutter with a bend or Knauf screws should be used.
When installing in the overlapping areas of the profiles, use: a cutter, rivets or special screws of the LN9 type.
- It is forbidden to dock drywall sheets above door or window openings strictly in the middle. This must be done closer to the edge. Such measures are intended to reduce the likelihood of damage to the partition from vibration generated by the doors when opening and its weight.
- Window and door frames must be attached to additional post profiles, which must be installed close to a 30-40 mm gap. A smaller aluminum profile with rubber gaskets should be inserted into it. In the same way, there should be a gap between the sheets of drywall, which must be paved with a special Knauf compound.
If the Knauf drywall installation instructions are fully followed, the partition will turn out to be reliable and durable.
Types of partitions Knauf
According to the structural structure of Knauf, partitions can be of several types, depending on the number of skins:
- with one-layer skin;
- with two-layer sheathing;
- with three-layer cladding;
- with a single-layer sheathing of Knauf-superlists of moisture-resistant sheets on a single frame;
- with combined, on the one hand, and two-layer, on the other;
- with a three-layer skin of moisture resistant sheets and intermediate steel sheets.
Also, according to Knauf technology, partitions with channels for communications and ventilation are made. These include designs of grades C 386.1 and C 386.2.
The type of partition to be installed depends on the purpose of the room and the degree of its sound insulation.
Knauf partitions are also subdivided according to the type of frame:
Single structures are used in places where solid sound insulation is not required, and additional loads will not be applied to the walls. Double ones are used to create a solid and reliable wall on which heavy furniture or some household appliances can be hung.
Knauf partitions construction
Consider some Knauf gypsum plasterboard partitions made using the technology:
S-361 - a partition made on a single frame and sheathed with one layer of Knauf moisture-resistant gypsum plasterboard sheets. It uses a proprietary 12.5 mm thick moisture resistant drywall on both sides, and mineral wool acts as a filler. The main element in such structures are sheets with double-sided treatment with a water repellent. The weight of 1 m 2 of the finished structure without finishing with mixtures is about 18 kg, which indicates sufficient lightness and the entire partition as a whole.
- S-365 - a partition made on a double frame and sheathed in two layers on both sides with waterproof sheets of drywall. To increase sound insulation, the racks are pasted over from the inside with a special soundproof tape. Mineral wool in 2-3 layers also acts as a filler. This design guarantees the rigidity of the partition and high performance of sound insulation. To find out how much material is needed, the partition calculator will help.
Why is it important to follow the technology and common mistakes
Installation of plastic doors, tips and videos. Description of the sequence of works during the installation of pvc doors. Consider how to fix the box, how to seal the opening
Useful tips for novice craftsmen on the construction of walls from drywall sheets. A selection of video tips for the installation of structures and plasterboard sheathing. How to finish a wall with drywall sheets
Ways to properly lay ceramic tiles on a wooden base using sheets of gypsum fiber board or OSB. Base preparation technology, methods of laying tiles on the floor
The sequence of works on leveling the base of the floor with a leveling mixture, preparation of the base and mixing the mortar, material consumption during the installation of the screed
Aerated concrete partitions: advantages and construction instructions. What solution or glue should be used for laying aerated concrete blocks and foam blocks in the interior walls