2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- The advantages of plasterboard structures
- How to make a drywall structure with your own hands?
- Creating a niche in the wall
Drywall is a modern universal building material for the construction of various kinds of arches, transitions, niches, design ensembles, building walls, finishing ceilings and much more. As a building material, it has excellent strength indicators, is resistant to humid environments, is environmentally friendly and non-flammable. All these qualities make it widely used in any type of construction.
The advantages of plasterboard structures
Plasterboard structures have the following advantages:
- They are lightweight. The low weight of both the sheet itself and the frame makes it possible to build partitions between rooms in places, under which there are no supporting supports;
- Easy to mount. No professional skills are required to create any drywall construction. It is enough to have an understanding of geometry and be able to solve simple examples. This will be enough even to create complex arches with niches and transitions;
- The plasterboard construction allows you to hide plumbing elements, electrical wiring, unnecessary niches. In this case, perfectly flat and smooth surfaces are always obtained.
How to make a drywall structure with your own hands?
Before starting the construction of the intended interior element, you need to thoroughly think about the project. You should take into account all the little things that can interfere, and which will complement the future interior.
- The first step is to grab a piece of paper and sketch out the initial outline of your thoughts.
- Further, to create a drywall construction with your own hands, you will need to take a tape measure and take measurements, indicating the results obtained on the plan. Also at this stage, the layout of the wiring for the backlight and the connection of household appliances should be planned, if such an installation is planned.
- If the base is solid and does not require preparation, then you can transfer the markings from paper to the wall. If the structure will be built in free space, then it is necessary to mark its main attachment points and stiffeners on the floor and ceiling. A detailed design of the entire structure by this time should already be completely ready.
Installation of plasterboard structures begins with the choice of material for building the supporting frame. As it can be wooden bars or a metal profile. Here the designer chooses preference to the one with which he has more work experience. But it should be borne in mind that when the tree dries, it slightly changes its geometric parameters. And this, in turn, will lead to the appearance of cracks and stakes on your masterpiece.
Plasterboard structures on the wall are especially popular. Because using this material, you can design a fireplace, beautiful arches with niches, make intricate transitions, steps and columns for subsequent decoration with decorative plants.
There are special flexible arched profiles that allow you to quickly install the most complex structures.
All do-it-yourself drywall constructions require maximum attention and desire to get excellent results.
- The first step is to draw it on a piece of paper. Choosing its shape, design;
- Next, using a level and a tape measure, we measure its position on the wall. Here it is necessary to take into account the thickness of the drywall sheet on all sides of the future niche;
- A niche is a recess in the wall, so in order to create it, it is necessary to shorten the room by an amount equal to its depth. If it will be performed in the wall itself, then it is necessary to hollow it out accordingly;
- Installation of plasterboard structures begins with fastening the UD profile to the floor, walls on the sides and ceiling. But for this it is necessary to apply markings. Here you can use a plumb line. Move an equal distance from the wall at two extreme points, if it is a straight wall and use a plumb line to transfer the markings to the ceiling. If the trajectory is curved, then it is necessary to divide the piece of the wall into equal segments and apply the markings at their end points. In this case, drywall with a thickness of 9 mm is used to make the walls. It is not covered with a layer of cardboard, but reinforced with fiberglass, which, in fact, gives it its flexibility. The profile can be given the required shape by cutting it at an equal distance with scissors or a grinder. Then it must be smoothly bent to the required radius. To get bend the other wayit is necessary to make the same element and attach it in place, expanding it opposite to the previous one. And so on.
- After transferring the markings, you can proceed with the installation of the structure for drywall. UD-profile fastening is carried out using anchors or dowels with an interval of not more than 50 cm. Further, vertical supports are installed in it, which are fixed with a horizontal profile using self-tapping screws or rivets;
- After the installation of the main structure, it is necessary to attach the previously prepared pieces of the profile for the niche to the wall according to the markings. Also, transverse structural elements are mounted, which are stiffeners and railings for fastening drywall.
To make the installation of the structure faster, we recommend that you learn the secrets of fast work with drywall.
Creating a niche in the wall
You can perform a wide variety of drywall structures on the wall, for this you just need imagination and desire. Moreover, many ready-made solutions can be found on the Internet with detailed descriptions and photos. Having such a finishing material as drywall, designs can be very different in shape and complexity of construction. Find out in more detail how to make a niche in a drywall wall.