2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- What is shingles
- Varieties of ceramic tiles
- Difference of ceramic tiles from other types
- Material composition and structure
- Main properties and characteristics
- Production and application
- The cost
- Recycling of raw materials
- Cement-sand tiles as an alternative to ceramics
Everyone wants to equip their home as best as possible, and make it as comfortable and attractive as possible. And that attraction must start from the outside. One of the elements that, along with the enclosing, perform decorative functions is the roof, and a tile that gives the building beauty and elegance becomes a good option for covering it. But in order to make the right choice, you need to know what kind of ceramic tiles are, their types, functions and advantages.
What is shingles
First of all, you need to figure out what this material is, what features it conceals in itself.
The material itself is produced in the form of small tiles. They are made by firing clay at temperatures over 1000 degrees. The final weight of the material is approximately 4.5 kilograms.
Each tile has an eyelet or other device on the back side, with the help of which it is attached to the crate.
Made on modern equipment, such a ceramic tile for the roof of a house is environmentally friendly, extremely durable (its service life is more than 100 years) and, moreover, has a high decorative effect.
It has an acrylic coating, which, in addition to being highly decorative, is also distinguished by excellent protective properties: waterproof and frost resistance.
Cement-sand tiles can be ridge, groove and double. The dimensions of the grooved tiles are 420 x 334 x 12 mm, the weight is 4.8-5 kg, the ridge tile is 450 x 247/210 x 16/18 mm.
Varieties of ceramic tiles
In total, two large groups are divided - stamped and tape. Each of them has its own types and is manufactured using a separate technology.
The first option is made on stamping machines, and in turn is divided into the following varieties:
- Groove, which provides for separate closures, providing a reliable adhesion between the tiles.
- Curved, presented in the form of an S.
- Ridge (divided into two types, we'll talk about it later).
- Munch-kunn roof tiles.
Considering tape types, the following can be distinguished:
- Flat roof tiles.
- tape with a curved edge.
- double-curved ribbon tape, available in two types, beaver tail and baking sheet.
For overlapping the ribs and ridge of the roof, the industry produces ready-made grooved elements (groove tiles). Tiles by the nature of the connection are:
- simple, in which only one edge clings to the groove;
- complex, the engagement of which occurs with two or more ribs.
There is also another separate type that is made by molding. This is a fairly well-known type of product, which is popularly called "beaver tail".
Difference of ceramic tiles from other types
It is also worth considering the difference between the material and other analogs:
- Considering the differences from bituminous shingles, a brighter appearance, durability and a higher level of resistance to moisture and ultraviolet rays are noted. At the same time, the bitumen option is much cheaper, easier to install and easier.
- The second subject for comparison is composite shingles. It was created as an analogue of natural, in order to imitate its coverage. It copes with the main task, in addition, it is not inferior in durability, it is also easier to arrange and cheaper. Another advantage is the absence of the need to make a crate and reinforce the rafter system. The only thing better than natural ceramic tiles is environmental friendliness and safety, while in other respects they are inferior.
And the last type is metal. It has a large number of varieties, is more durable and costs less. Natural material looks more noble, in addition, it becomes a good sound insulator, in contrast to noisy metal tiles.
Material composition and structure
The next thing to know about a material is its structure and components.
As already mentioned, natural clay becomes the main component, which lends itself to firing.
Additionally, various plasticizers and modifying additives are added to improve performance.
After firing in special ovens, the material becomes as strong and hard as possible. When tapped, a characteristic ringing is created. Additionally, a layer of glaze can be applied on top.
Main properties and characteristics
Now it's time to talk about the main advantages of the material:
- Ceramic has a high level of bending resistance.
- Does not undergo destruction during freezing and thawing.
- Not susceptible to chemical attack and ultraviolet radiation.
- Differs in a high level of fire resistance and vapor permeability.
- Provides additional heat and sound insulation.
Among the disadvantages:
- High price.
- Large weight, which requires reinforcement of the rafter system.
Production and application
Now a little about how the production of the material goes:
- Clay raw materials (which are pre-cured) are broken, and then mixed with water and plasticizers.
- After that, the material is sent to the molding shop, where it is molded under a press or stamp.
- Further, firing is carried out in special furnaces under the influence of a temperature of 1000 degrees.
- After this, it cools naturally.
- Further, the product either remains in its natural form, or is covered with glaze.
Most of these materials are used for private buildings. Pitched and hip roofs of any shape are covered with tiles.
Дополнительно в некоторых случаях используются при реставрации памятников архитектуры.
Рассматривая вопрос стоимости материала, можно отметить, то среедняя цена варьируется в пределах 1400-1600 рублей за квадратный метр.
Сам показатель зависит от производителя и сложности изделия. Кроме того, необходимо учитывать и стоимость монтажа, которая примерно равна цене самого материала.
Вторичное использование сырья
Также актуален вопрос вторичного использования черепицы. Как известно керамика – нестареющий материал, потому допустимо и последующее использование, после демонтажа.
Таким образом, использовать снятую с крыши плитку черепицы можно в следующих целях:
- Выстроить забор или хоз. постройку.
- Также можно сделать довольно привлекательные ограждения для домашней клумбы.
- Из мелких осколков хорошо получаются дренажи для растений.
- А кроме того ее можно продать по низкой цене.
На ряду с стандартной керамической черепицей, стоит отметить еще один натуральный вид, это цементно-песчаные изделия, о них далее.
Цементно-песчаная черепица, как альтернатива керамики
Выпускается цементно-песчаная черепица различных цветов. Окрашивают ее двумя способами. Первый способ подразумевает введение красящего пигмента в черепицу в процессе ее производства. При втором способе обрабатывают поверхность уже готовой черепицы - напыляют на нее полимерную эмульсию или цветной цементный состав.
Иногда поверхность черепицы для кровли крыши посыпают гранулянтом цветного песка. В большинстве случаев окрашивание производится в красный и коричневый цвета.
Черепица делится на альпийскую, венскую и римскую. Первая выпускается плоской, а черепица последних двух типов имеет объемную форму.
The service life of concrete tiles is much shorter than that of ceramic tiles. Its advantages are ease of execution and low weight. We have analyzed the main types and important characteristics, now the choice is yours. Learn about existing types and materials for roofing.
And finally, it can be noted that this type of material is the most attractive, albeit quite expensive. At the same time, due to its durability, it will help to save money in the future. But the decision to arrange a roof from such material is still yours. And finally, we offer a series of videos about ceramic tiles.