2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- Cutter device for plasterboard structures
- How the device works
- Selection of pliers for profile connection
- What profile pliers are available?
The construction of partitions made of plasterboard or other material using frame technology requires the use of a metal profile. But how to speed up the work process, while achieving maximum quality and reliability of connections. Moreover, the use of a screwdriver is not always convenient, not to mention the time spent screwing each self-tapping screw. A cutter will come to the rescue for connecting a metal profile for drywall with which installation is very quickly done.
Today, such a wonderful tool as a cutter is actively used in the construction of buildings or their decoration, or even the construction of structures inside it. It is also called profile connection pliers or scrapprofile in another way. This tool has the following advantages over traditional methods of joining structures from a metal profile:
- High performance. With just two clicks, which takes only a few seconds, you get the two parts of the structure together.
- High reliability. Hole cutters have proven themselves well, because in a few seconds a strong connection of structural elements is obtained, which can withstand heavy loads.
- Ease of use of the tool. The profile cutter does not require any special skills to use; for its stable operation only a certain amount of pressure is required.
- Profitability. Profile pliers do not require hardware elements for fastening metal structures (screws, self-tapping screws, bolts, etc.).
- High surface quality after using the tool. Due to the reliable and powerful design of the device, bends and dips are not formed at the junction, which eliminates the possibility of distortions in the entire structure or protruding sheets of drywall.
Cutter device for plasterboard structures
Profile cutters are a rather complex mechanical device, consisting of a large number of components:
- Bracket with two legs, in which there is a stop with a recess.
- A movable handle that is mechanically connected to the lever and punch.
- Fixed handle that is securely attached to the bracket.
There is also a loop for easy storage of the tool in a flattened state, movable axles that provide movement of the working bodies and much more.
In high-quality tools for the manufacture of its structure, chromium-vanadium alloys are used, which provide high strength and durability. Therefore, when choosing, it is worth paying attention to this.
This model is more convenient and allows you to fasten the profile in corner joints.
How the device works
Regardless of the design, any profile connection cutter has the same operating principle.
When pressing on the movable lever, the punch moves forward, which, resting on the profile, pushes it through and rests against the stop. It is designed in such a way that the edges of the hole are folded, thus providing a reliable and durable connection.
The degree of pressure depends on the force transmitted to the punch. Therefore, the design provides for long levers and handles or additional transmission mechanisms that provide the necessary force.
Selection of pliers for profile connection
We found out how the cutter works for connecting profiles. Further, it is necessary to consider the commercially available options for this tool, because today there are a lot of companies that are engaged in the production of construction tools. At the same time, the quality of workmanship will be different for everyone, because someone is guided by quantity, thereby offering less reliable mechanisms, but cheaper. But when buying such devices, one should not save money, because the acquisition of two cheap units will entail high costs, plus, constant torment with him is also added here.
What profile pliers are available?
Before figuring out which cutter is best for connecting profiles, you need to familiarize yourself with the available models of this tool.
Today, a wide variety of profile cutters are on sale, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let's look at some of the most common models of this extraordinary tool:
Knauf pliers cutters, photos of which are presented below. They represent one of the simplest models of this tool. This is what its uncomplicated design also says. Structurally, they consist of only three parts:
- bracket with a fixed handle;
- movable handle with a transmission mechanism;
The simplicity of the design speaks of its reliability and practicality. Therefore, this model will be an excellent option for frequent use.
A cutter for a drywall profile from KB Prok, a photo of which is presented below. They also have a fairly simple design and a reliable mechanical connection, which allows you to work with it for a long time. The technical parameters of the unit include:
- the width of the cut profile is from 28 to 100 mm;
- profile thickness 0.55-0.7 mm.
Constructional steel is the material for the device.
This model is suitable only for direct connection of profiles and is used only for partitions.
The next fairly common type is a cutter for a drywall profile from Knipex, model kn-9042340. A photo of this tool is presented below. They also represent a fairly durable mechanism, as evidenced by the thick-walled metal used in their manufacture. It can be perfect for short-term work with a wall profile
Of considerable interest among professionals is the cutter for the EDM ULTRA PROFIL profile. The French manufacturer guarantees high quality and practicality of the tool. It is sold complete with replaceable punches for different metal thicknesses. A photo of the unit is presented below. The device is equipped with a bracket adjustable in profile depth due to two special screws. High quality structural steel is used as material. Convenient and versatile model.
A video about a cutter for connecting profiles will also not be superfluous. It tells how to properly use this unit, and which of the two devices of the same type is more reliable and productive. Thanks to the cutter, the connection of the drywall profile occurs without the use of self-tapping screws, the work is faster and more economical. Learn more about the secrets of working with a profile.