2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- What is Knauf partitions?
- Tools for working with Knauf panels
- Knauf plasterboard partition on a single frame with single-layer cladding
- Installation procedure for partitions Knauf
- Some useful tips when working with Knauf partitions
Plasterboard occupies a special place in modern building technologies. The use of gypsum plasterboard allows you to hide almost any wall defects, producing an absolutely flat surface. With the help of drywall, you can create decorative elements of any complexity, including arches, boxes, multi-level structures.
And here you cannot do without technology developed by the German company Knauf.
The proposed technology has high manufacturability, harmless to humans, and allows you to assemble complex structures using gypsum plasterboard.
Knauf's drywall installation technology is especially popular when decorating a room with a dry method.
Plasterboard has been known for a long time. The fragility of the sheets, the complexity of installing drywall, labor intensity and inconvenience did not make this material as popular as it has recently.
What is Knauf partitions?
The Knauf partition is a layered cake consisting of external plasterboard sheets mounted on special galvanized metal frames.
Inside, the frame space is filled with soundproof, heat-saving materials. As such a material, mineral wool is the most widespread.
The structure constructed according to the above technology has increased rigidity.
In the knauf design for the installation of partitions, gypsum plasterboard sheets of various types are used:
- a simple gypsum plasterboard sheet, used in the interior decoration of premises;
- moisture-resistant gypsum plasterboard GKLV, used in the decoration of bathrooms, kitchens, rooms with high humidity;
- fireproof gypsum plasterboard sheet GKLO, used for the manufacture of boxes on heating systems, to hide electrical wiring;
- fire-moisture resistant gypsum board GKLVO.
For the metal frame, galvanized profiles of a special design are used.
The ceiling profile is marked CD (PP) and is used to create the lathing of multi-level ceiling structures.
The ceiling guide profile is marked with the letters UD (PN) and is used to establish a baseline around the perimeter of the entire ceiling structure.
The rack profile is marked CW (PS) and forms the backbone of the construction of a plasterboard partition.
The wall guide profile is marked with the letters UW (PN) and acts as a connecting link between the rack profiles.
Letters in brackets refer to the marking of Russian manufacturers.
All Knauf partitions have a special marking consisting of the letter C and three numbers.
For example: C 113. The numbers 113 indicate a three-layer sheathing of a single metal frame partition.
Below is a table of Knauf partitions produced.
Of the latest developments of Knauf partitions, it is worth noting partitions with a double metal frame, in which all kinds of communications can be placed.
Tools for working with Knauf panels
It is best to cut drywall sheets with a hacksaw or a toothed saw, a schetel, a universal knife.
It is necessary to fasten the sheets to a metal profile frame with self-tapping screws, using a screwdriver. Use self-tapping screws LN, TN.
When marking, it is best to use a laser or water level, a tape measure, a marking line.
The joints of plasterboard sheets are putty only with Knauf's proprietary putty.
Use putty knives, sanding nets or sandpaper to process joints when filling.
How to properly install plasterboard partitions Knauf Knauf
company produces partitions of various designs, depending on the construction tasks.
Installation of each structure has its own characteristics.
Knauf plasterboard partition on a single frame with single-layer cladding
The main building materials of this type of partition are a drywall sheet and galvanized metal profiles PN and PS.
The structure is a metal frame, on both sides sheathed in one layer with sheets of drywall.
The frame is rigidly attached to the building structures of the room along the entire perimeter. Plasterboard sheets are attached to the fixed frame with self-tapping screws. The result is a structure of increased rigidity.
This design is marked in the Knauf C 111 system.
Partition Knauf type C 111 made of plasterboard with a single-layer cladding is designed for installation in low rooms, undemanding to soundproofing and fire-resistant factors. After installation, the partition must be covered with wallpaper or painted.
Installation procedure for partitions Knauf
- on the floor, ceiling and side walls, the position of the future partition is marked;
- before installing the Knauf partition, a sealant or a special tape must be applied to the side of contact of the profiles with building structures for their snug fit;
- in 0.6 meter increments, install the guide profiles and fix them with dowels to the floor and ceiling;
- attach the rack profiles to the base wall;
- in the guide profiles, fix the rack profiles with screws (it is allowed to use the punching method) with a step of no more than 60 cm;
- in the resulting frame, mount the embedded parts inside, make the necessary electrical and other wiring;
in cases where the height of the partition is greater than the length of the plasterboard sheets, it is necessary to install additional profiles in the meta of the joints of the sheets;
drywall sheets are first fixed on one side of the frame with TN screws. Fixing step no more than 75 cm;
- if necessary, lay insulating material inside the frame;
install sheets of drywall and on the other side according to the already given diagram.
do not forget to make bevels on the sheets at the seam marks;
- putty butt joints in accordance with all the rules.
You can learn more about the secrets of installing partitions by watching the video.
Some useful tips when working with Knauf partitions
- Plasterboard sheets are cut from the front side with a utility knife along a metal ruler. Then the sheet breaks and is cut from the back.
- The butt sides are processed with a plane up to an angle of 45º.
- The wall cladding should be correctly done with plasterboard with a thickness of at least 12.5 mm.
- Partitions or walls are sheathed with at least two layers of drywall under the ceramic tiles.
- Try to avoid cross stitches. Sheets should be installed without gaps, end-to-end.
- The sheets are attached to the frame using self-tapping Knauf screws, starting from the center of the sheet or its upper corner, deepening the caps by 1 mm.
- The installation pitch of self-tapping screws on the wall should not exceed 25 mm, on the ceiling no more than 17 mm..
- For fixing drywall, self-tapping screws with a length equal to the sheet thickness +1 cm should be used.
Find out how many materials you need, the online calculator will help you to purchase.
Learn more about drywall gas guns.
Decorating, Leveling The Walls With Plasterboard With Your Own Hands, Photo. Correct Cladding, Leveling The Walls With Plasterboard Video
We learn to align the walls of the gypsum board with sheets correctly
Plasterboard walls also have pros and cons. Ease and efficiency of installation as the main advantage. Disadvantages hydroscopicity and insufficient strength, as the main disadvantage for the construction of load-bearing structures
Installation of plasterboard interior partitions. We choose which frame is better: a metal profile or a wooden bar. Options for the choice of fastening profiles: rivets, self-tapping screws or a cutter
Installation Of Partitions From Expanded Clay Blocks, Methods Of Quick Laying Of Interior Walls With Expanded Clay Blocks
Arrangement of partitions made of expanded clay concrete blocks in an apartment or house. Properties of material based on expanded clay and types of blocks for masonry walls. Installation of an interior wall with expanded clay blocks is relatively simple. A detailed video on laying expanded clay blocks with your own hands
Tips for beginners who want to sheathe the walls with plasterboard sheets with their own hands. To How to mount the frame correctly and avoid mistakes in the installation of cast and profile