2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Popular bathroom layouts
- What features should be considered in the design of a small bathroom?
- How to choose the right furniture and plumbing?
It is easier for owners of a spacious wide bathroom to equip its room and choose the style of the interior. But people whose apartments cannot boast of such luxury have to resort to tricks to visually expand the area of the bathroom. Therefore, the layout of a 4 m² bathroom should include the most optimal arrangement of plumbing fixtures, while it is important to use every piece of the room, especially when planning a combined 4 m² bathroom.
Popular bathroom layouts
A bathroom with an area of 4 squares is a fairly common layout option today. Such a room can be either square or rectangular. The second option is more advantageous, due to the fact that in such a layout of a small bathroom, you can arrange a bathroom bowl.
Consider the main types of ready-made planning solutions for a small bathroom:
- The first option was designed for a square layout of a small bathtub with toilet. Here, opposite the entrance, there is a washbasin with a toilet. To the left of the toilet, a bathroom is installed, up to 180 cm long. With this layout, a heated towel rail is placed to the right of the entrance, on the wall opposite from the bath, which is convenient, since it does not interfere with moving around the room if linen is dried on it. If the long wall length does not even allow you to install a bathtub, purchase a shower cabin. There is also a disadvantage: there is very little space around the toilet, since there is a bathtub on one side, and a sink on the other.
- This option is good for planning a small combined bathroom, in which one wall is much longer than the other, that is, the shape of the room is a rectangle. On one side of the room, a small one, a shower stall is installed, up to 140 cm long, in front of it, on the other hand, there is a special table-washbasin over the entire wall. Such a piece of furniture may contain several sinks for different purposes. Directly opposite the front door, which is on the longer wall, a toilet is installed and a heated towel rail is hung. The disadvantages of this option for planning a bathroom is the impossibility of installing a bathroom, since there is not enough wall length for this. However, there are pleasant advantages: the shower cabin will be much more spacious than its standard models; a cabinet-table with washbasins will add zest to the interior,and its wide table top will fulfill a practical function.
- This variant of the layout of the combined bathroom is also designed for a room similar to a square shape. The door is located near one of the corners of the bathroom. Immediately from the entrance to the right or left, there will be a corner shower cabin, and opposite it in another corner - a toilet bowl. On the wall where the toilet is installed, the sink is immediately located. The heated towel rail is located to the left of the entrance on the wall. The main practical element in this layout of a small bathroom with a shower is a pencil case - an elongated cabinet to the full height of the wall. Such a detail not only adds coziness, but also allows you not to install additional wall cabinets for storing towels. All the necessary linen and cosmetics will fit into such furniture. Due to the fact that the shower cabin has standard dimensions of 900 * 900 mm, it will not be difficult to find such a model. The disadvantage of this layout is only the fact that the toilet is turned towards the shower stall, and therefore a small amount of space in front of it is created.
- The last proposed ready-made layout for a combined bathroom of 4 m² is presented for a rectangular room. The door here is located on a long wall. Having entered the bath, on the left you can see an oversized shower stall. This is a very comfortable shower model that is suitable for overweight people. There is a toilet bowl opposite the entrance, and two pencil cases on the sides. The washbasin is located on the opposite wall from the shower cabin, and a heated towel rail is located directly to the right of it. The advantage of this layout of a bathroom of 4 m² is the presence of two pencil cases at once. However, there is also a minus: the pencil case located near the shower stall must be made of moisture-resistant materials. Also, in such a layout, the heated towel rail should have a small depth so as not to enter the space above the washbasin.
The proposed layout options for the combined bathroom will help if the goal is to increase the area of free space and visually expand it.
What features should be considered in the design of a small bathroom?
Even despite the limited space in the layout of a small bathroom with a toilet, all the necessary appliances can still be placed in it. At the same time, two main tasks are to correctly position the plumbing and play on the color of the interior, which will create the illusion of a spacious bathroom.
When choosing a design for a bathroom, pay attention to the following nuances:
- Among a wide selection of colors for decoration, give preference to pastel colors and light shades. It is they who visually expand the room;
- Pay attention to the use of glass and mirror elements. It would be appropriate to hang a large mirror on one of the bathroom walls. Also, when choosing finishing materials, take a look at glossy and reflective surfaces;
- Do not use dim lighting. It is better, on the contrary, to highlight all the corners and cabinets with spotlights, which will visually increase the space in the layout of a small combined bathroom;
- The door can be glass, which will also increase the space, or wooden, but in any case, it must open outward or have a sliding mechanism;
- You should not resort to rich decor. There is not enough space in the layout of a small bathroom, and an abundance of decorative items will pile up the space, so it is better to put everything in its place;
- Stick to one theme of the interior, in no case using a lot of variegated elements. If you still want to add brightness to the room, let it be a curtain for the bathroom or a decorative frieze in the cladding.
- If there is a window opening in the bathroom, you should not decorate it with textiles: it is better to use a Roman shade in a discreet color palette.
These simple tips will help you choose the right bathroom design. As for the style of the interior, for example, in the layout of a small bathroom with a shower, it is better to give preference to modern styles: hi-tech, minimalism, art deco.
How to choose the right furniture and plumbing?
The choice of plumbing also matters in a small bathroom. Of course, this is not a 2 m² bathroom, the layout of which provides for the presence of only a bathtub and a toilet, however, a larger bathroom has its own selection features:
- Some options for the layout of bathrooms provide for the installation of a bathroom, in this case, choose corner or non-standard models. This will not only free up part of the room, but also add originality;
- When choosing a shower cabin, also pay attention to its dimensions. Today, there are models that combine the functions of both a bath and a shower. They can also be equipped with hydromassage jets.
- The toilet can be made suspended, but this will require additional finances, since installations are expensive. When moving the toilet to another place, make sure that all pipes are correctly connected;
- The sink can be either freestanding on a leg or a model built into the cabinet. The choice depends on the furniture used in the bathroom.
- If the washing machine will also be located in the bathroom, then the model of this technique should have a small depth in order to fit into the space allotted for it.
The washing machine can be installed under the sink, and a shelf over the toilet can be made to hide the cistern. You can also use the space above the doorway: it can be refined with shelves. Don't forget - all means are good for making the most of the space in a small bathroom.
What is the French glazing of balconies and loggias: warm and cold, lift-and-slide systems. Advantages and disadvantages . Features of installing a French balcony
Decorating The Walls Of The Kitchen, Bathroom, Toilet With Plastic Panels. DIY PVC Installation, Photo. How To Fix Plastic Video Panels
In our time, it has become very popular to make the decoration of premises with PVC panels
Bad color combinations
Online calculation of the required number of tiles for a bathroom, taking into account all walls, a place for a bathroom and a doorway. Calculating tiles using an online calculator
Installation Of A Sterile Machine Above The Toilet; Installation Option In A Small Bathroom Or Toilet
How to install a washing machine over the toilet using the installation. We save space in a small bathroom, installation of a washing machine on a pedestal or shelf