2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- A little about the choice of room design
- What is color
- Using the color scheme
- How to choose the right color scheme
- How to mix paint correctly
- What colors are
- Water based paints
- Types of water-based paints
- Acrylic paints
- How to choose acrylic wall paint
- Paint the walls
- Staining rules
A person spends most of the time in an apartment or house. Our mood depends on what kind the apartment has. A very popular option for decorating walls at the moment is their painting.
A varied choice of paint colors for walls expands the possibilities of design solutions to create an individual interior.
A little about the choice of room design
There are two options for choosing a design:
- Thoughtful design, the right choice of wall paint should match your character, worldview and habits. You can design rooms that are similar to each other.
- The second option is that all rooms can differ significantly if the palette of paint colors for the walls is correctly selected.
Today, the use of paints, especially luminous ones, is considered especially fashionable when decorating a room.
It remains only to correctly select the color scheme for the walls, learn how to prepare paints, paint the premises correctly.
What is color
Kohler is a paint with a particularly saturated color. It is used to obtain the required shades of various paints: alkyd, latex, oil, water-dispersed, etc. A wide variety of color scheme for painting walls allows you to get paint of any shade.
Using the color scheme
Kohler is organically used for painting facades and interior decoration.
Tinting techniques are especially in demand among people with a rich imagination.
The use of a color scheme allows you to create complex shades of colors. Such paints are not sold in stores; they cannot be made with a tinting machine. Kohler is used when added to various paints. It is added to latex, adhesive, water-dispersed paints.
For example: only by hand can you get the color of currant or orange juice.
How to choose the right color scheme
Kohler is available in two versions:
- with organic pigments;
- with inorganic pigments.
Color from natural pigments has a more intense color, but will quickly deteriorate under the influence of sunlight.
Inorganic color is very resistant to fading, but has a less saturated color, a small scale of color gamut. There are features of the choice of paint in the room.
As a rule, the color scheme is available in the form:
The choice of color for painting walls is best done by hand. It will be cheaper, and you can get the color you planned. When you prepare paint manually, you expand the range of colors for the walls.
You can also entrust the selection of color for the walls to a special machine. They are available in large hardware stores. However, the resulting ink may not provide accurate color reproduction.
How to mix paint correctly
The mixing technique consists of several stages:
- Determine the amount of material required, it is better to prepare more than it will not be enough later.
- It is best to start choosing a color for walls with making a probe.
- A sample is a small amount of the desired color of paint for painting walls. It is prepared in a small container, in which a few drops of color are added to 100 mg of paint. By stirring, get the desired shade.
- If you know how many drops you have added to get the desired color, then recalculating the entire volume, you will get the right amount of color.
- The next step is to check how the resulting color looks on the wall. The color of the finished paint does not always match the color of the color scheme on the wall.
- The applied paint should dry. It is necessary to consider the resulting surface under the lighting that prevails in the room.
- The choice of paint color for walls should correspond to design tasks, room illumination, and organically fit into the interior.
- The next step is getting the right amount of paint. Knowing the amount of color for 100 ml, it is easy to calculate the need for the required amount of paint.
- Stir the paint constantly, add color in a thin stream.
We must remember! The addition of color to various paints is carried out strictly in a given ratio. The color should be mixed in one container.
What colors are
To obtain the desired color, various paints are used as a base:
- water emulsion;
Kohler can be added at the rates indicated in percentages below:
- Add no more than 20% color to water-based solutions.
- Up to 2% of color is added to oil paints.
- In other types of paints, you can add up to 5%.
The choice of paint for the walls in the apartment depends on the type of room, design solutions. The choice of paint color for the walls is influenced by the taste of the owner, the belonging of the room.
For the bathroom, it is better to use silicate or silicone paint. Find out how much paint you need with an online paint consumption calculator.
Water based paints
Water-based paints are especially popular. This type of paint is an emulsion consisting of water, polymer particles and coloring pigments.
Water-based paint for walls has no toxic smell, it is environmentally friendly. It adheres firmly to the surface to be painted, does not crack, and has increased resistance to fading. The period of complete drying is not long.
The price of water-based paints is much lower than analogues.
Basically, the choice of water-based paint for walls depends on the taste of the client and his preferences. The main disadvantage of this type of paints is that they do not fit on already painted surfaces.
Types of water-based paints
Water-based paints include:
- acrylic paints.
Water-based paints usually have a standard color: white.
To obtain the desired color, you cannot do without coloration. A varied palette of wall paint colors is achieved by mixing paints of various colors with your own hands.
Silicone paints are more expensive than other water-based paints. The main advantage of this type of paint is that it breathes and is vapor permeable. This paint can be applied to a damp surface.
The paint allows you to hide irregularities up to 2 mm.
Silicate paint consists of diluted water glass in an aqueous emulsion. It absorbs excess moisture and releases it when the humidity in the room decreases. The paint is great for outdoor use.
Mineral paint is prepared on the basis of cement or hydrated lime. It is used to paint concrete, brick, plaster surfaces. It is resistant to sunlight, precipitation, chemicals.
Acrylic paints are especially popular.
Acrylic wall paint is made from acrylic resins with the addition of additives that give the paint special properties:
- The addition of latex gives the paint properties to withstand high humidity.
- The paint can be used to hide various irregularities up to 1 mm high.
- Metal, glass, concrete, wood, plastic are painted with acrylic paints.
- Acrylic wall paint is odorless and dries quickly.
How to choose acrylic wall paint
Acrylic paint is available for various purposes:
- We need paint for interior painting, creating a fashionable interior.
- In order to paint a picture, it is preferable to choose artistic acrylic. This paint is easily diluted with water, which allows you to get a different consistency. After drying, this type of paint changes color, it darkens.
- For painting glass, paint is suitable that is resistant to light and does not change properties when heated.
- It is best to paint wood, glass, paint walls, stone with acrylic paints that have low fluidity and durability.
- There are also acrylic paints for fabrics. True, not every fabric lends itself to dyeing.
- Indoor acrylic paints are best suited for painting walls. A wide range of wall colors allows you to create an amazing interior.
Paint the walls
Any painting of walls with a do-it-yourself color scheme provides ample opportunities for creating shades that cannot be purchased in stores.
The walls must be prepared for painting:
- The surface of the walls is cleaned.
- A layer of putty is applied.
- It is imperative to eliminate all irregularities on the surface.
- Cover up the cracks.
- Most often, the walls are painted according to wallpaper specially pasted over for this purpose.
- Before painting, the walls are covered with a primer.
Some nuances of painting:
- The prepared paint is applied to the walls with a paint roller. It is best to use a fur coat with a pile of 15-18 mm as a roller.
- The paint is applied to the roller in a tray. When adding paint to the tray, be sure to stir it in the container in which it is prepared.
- Try to ensure that the paint is evenly distributed on the roller.
When painting, it is recommended to observe the following rules:
There should be no drafts in the room.
- The surface should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- You only need to work with gloves.
- Be sure to test paint before painting the main surface.
- Start painting from the corners using a swing or flute brush.
- The entire corner and sides are painted over with a brush by 5-8 cm. Next, a paint roller comes into play.
- The roller should only be moved vertically in parallel stripes. The paint in stripes is applied overlapping.
- The second layer of paint is applied only after the previous one has completely dried.
- Behind the radiators, paint is applied using brushes with long handles, wrapping the battery with a protective film.
- It is better to paint at first the wall to which the furniture will be attached. You will learn to dye and understand the dyeing technology.
Attention! Do not be alarmed if stains appear on the wall after painting. As it dries, all spots, bumps and streaks will gradually disappear
I wish you success!