2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Is it possible to make a pencil case yourself?
- Pencil case advantages
- Methods for making doors that go into the wall
- Methods for installing interior doors
- Benefits of hidden doors
Many living spaces do not have sufficient floor space to accommodate swing doors. A sliding structure can come to the rescue, but it is not always convenient when it opens along the wall. Sliding interior doors, hidden in the wall, will be able to simultaneously solve the problem of lack of space and lack of aesthetics of the room.
Is it possible to make a pencil case yourself?
In order to make the interior door invisible when open, it can be hidden in the wall. There are two ways to accomplish this task:
- The first is quite radical and requires special permission when it comes to supporting structures. A special void is made in the wall for the door leaf. This process is quite troublesome, it can be facilitated by making an additional wall, but then this will take up space in the corridor.
- A simpler way is a pencil case for sliding doors, which is quite simple to create with your own hands. This compact solution is suitable for any room, does not require large material or physical costs, and has a rather aesthetic appearance.
Pencil case advantages
The sliding door cabinet has several important functions:
- Improves the aesthetic space by hiding the open door leaf.
- Protects the door leaf from mechanical stress. This is especially true if you plan to install glass doors and armored glass is too expensive.
- An open door slides along the wall, so nothing can be placed on it. The pencil case will take up a small space, but you can move furniture close to it, hang shelves, paintings, pots right on it.
Methods for making doors that go into the wall
Hidden sliding interior doors can be made by yourself. This process is creative and not overly complicated. To create a structure, you will need to purchase furniture fittings, parts for the pencil case and accessories for the door. The pencil case is an extension of the wall, inside which the door will hide.
An important component is the special hardware for the sliding door: you will need a cassette specially designed for such a project, and guides for the door leaf. In order to set the canvas in motion, rollers, rails are used, which can be located both in the upper or lower part of the structure, or in both. Do not forget about the limiter - stopper.
Most often, to create a niche for the canvas, part of the main wall is destroyed, then it is restored using a drywall sheet. The point is that sliding interior doors, the pencil case of which is made in this way, can completely disappear when opened, and the pencil case will not extend beyond the main wall, that is, visually its presence will not be noticeable.
The next important stage of the work is the installation of the guides. They should be located strictly horizontally, otherwise the door will be difficult to open or it will skew, and it will be extremely difficult to open such a structure.
Interior sliding doors into the wall should be equipped with special handles. For this, special recesses are made in the canvas. You cannot hang a standard handle on such a door, otherwise it will interfere with the opening of the door and prevent the canvas from completely hiding in the pencil case.
Methods for installing interior doors
Before starting the installation of the cassette, you need to make sure that the floor plane is perfectly flat. The same rule applies to the ceiling. The verticality of the walls is also checked: if the surfaces are uneven, the canvas may cling to them when opening.
Before closing the pencil case with drywall, it is necessary to install the door leaf and mechanisms for opening it. If you do not do this at this stage, it will be impossible to bring the work to its logical end.
The installation of the pencil case is carried out using mortgages; they are set in advance. The upper mortgages are needed so that the canvas does not move. They securely hold it in a given direction, do not allow it to bend. In addition, you will need to install a wrapping box: this is necessary for the correct fixation of the canvas.
Built-in sliding interior doors will work correctly only if you determine the correct position for the canvas before stitching the wall with drywall. You can make it so that it does not fully enter the wall, then it will be convenient to pull it by the handle.
Many owners want to hide the door completely, in which case it will hide in the wall together with the handle. In the second case, to remove the door, you need to use a lock with a button, when pressed, a spring will be triggered, pushing the canvas out of the nest.
The size of the pencil case should be considered correctly. The block should be slightly larger than the door leaf if you want it to go into it completely.
Benefits of hidden doors
Sliding doors, closed-type pencil cases have the following advantages:
- Space in the room is saved as much as possible.
- You can attach furniture to the wall or hang pictures on it without fear that the door leaf will touch them when you open it.
- The door hidden in the pencil case will be protected from damage, the risk of injury to the structure will decrease, since its main part will be hidden inside.
- When using high-quality fittings, the service life of the structure as a whole is significantly increased.
- A sliding door, the pencil case of which is made independently, costs the owner a minimum amount.
- Building a pencil case will still be more expensive than installing a conventional sliding door.
- Installation is more demanding than installing a conventional sliding door.
A sliding door into the wall is an original aesthetic solution for any interior. It will help increase the space, make the open door invisible, and use all the areas in the room to the maximum advantage.
Pvc interior doors are in great demand lately. We have considered all their pros and cons and you can decide for yourself which interior doors are better than veneer or pvc
Double-leaf sliding interior doors will save space in the room and look great. How to choose high-quality doors, and most importantly, accessories for them? Expert advice
Reasons for the appearance and methods of repair. Self-repair of cracks in brick walls. What mixtures and materials for filling cracks to use. The use of mesh, canvas and fiberglass in the fight for a beautiful wall without cracks
A Variety Of Ideas For Wall Decoration With Wallpaper. How Wall Design Can Be Formed With Wallpaper: Concept Descriptions, Popular Techniques And Photos
Modern wallpaper design is based on the basic principles of combining colors and textures. There are several basic options that you can use when doing DIY repairs
What is important to pay attention to when buying outlets. What are the characteristic features of sockets, methods of fixing to the wall. Choosing the best solution for price and quality