2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Criterias of choice
- Point one - checking the coating and varnishing of the outer surfaces of the door
- Second point - we take measurements
- Point three - check the surface
- Point four - check the glass.
- Point five - checking the baguette and structural connections.
Detailed instructions for choosing an interior door for an apartment.
It is far from a secret that the interior door is one of the most important elements of the interior. It is the interior doors that should combine two very important indicators - impeccable design and quality. And it is very important to understand that the use of exclusive high-quality glass guarantees your door a perfect look and uniqueness, and this is an important factor in the formation of the individual design of your home. In order to choose just such a door, you should read the simple instructions for choosing an interior door. After taking about ten minutes, you can make the right choice in favor of a good door and learn everything about doors.
Criterias of choice
The main criteria for choosing a high-quality interior door are:
- It is very important that the interior door is made from natural, clean and ecological materials. In this case, be sure that you have a good door in front of you. It can be solid wood or natural veneer materials. No less important is the factor that the door is covered with an expensive, high-quality and healthy varnish.
- Be sure to pay close attention to the condition of the door surface. Remember that the surface of a good interior door should be smooth and free of any nicks or imperfections. Check the door by touch - you should feel a pleasant and warm sensation. And again, you should pay attention to the varnish with which the door is covered - it must be expensive and environmentally friendly. You should not give your attention to the tricks of the seller, because a good and high-quality varnish will last a very long time, and even after ten years it will not lose its excellent appearance and properties. Plus, a quality varnish will keep your door durable and secure. The quality of the varnish can be checked in a very simple way - for this, press with your fingernail on the door. Remember that a high-quality coating will not leave a mark on your nail, but cheap and simple varnishes always reflect marks. It is very important that the nail does not enter the wood. You should also know that varnish is one of the most expensive materials for making doors. And often many manufacturers save on this material. Sometimes unscrupulous manufacturers use a varnish so bad that it can be harmful to your health. And it is very easy to identify this type of varnish - it will definitely leave marks and prints from your fingers. So it is worth considering this when you do not know which interior door to choose. And it is very easy to identify this type of varnish - it will definitely leave marks and prints from your fingers. So it is worth considering this when you do not know which interior door to choose. And it is very easy to identify this type of varnish - it will definitely leave marks and prints from your fingers. So it is worth considering this when you do not know which interior door to choose.
When choosing a high-quality door, you should also pay attention to its painting and color. Remember that the color of a good door should be uniform, clean and deep. And in no case is the presence of specks and spots allowed. But no matter how the door is painted, the natural structure must appear on it. It happens that some manufacturers, in order to save money, hide the defects and irregularities of the door with the help of toning, thereby giving it a dirty color and depriving it of natural and natural beauty - such a door is definitely not worth taking.
- It is very important that the door does not have unnecessary gaps and overlaps at the junctions of the baguette, grilles and frames. These places must fit exactly.
- One of the main factors is the door geometry. Remember that the door must be perfectly flat, the maximum discrepancy that can meet should be up to one millimeter - no more.
- It is worth remembering that cheap glass will never be used on a quality door. In such doors, only expensive and high-quality glazing will always be present, which will also have high-quality fasteners - silicone sealants and seals.
- Do not miss the moment that the box must be with a seal without fail.
- And do not forget to pay attention to the fact that the finishing of the door leaf, platband and frame must be the same in quality and color.
If you did everything correctly and were able to prevent flawed doors from falling into your hands, then be sure that you have chosen a quality door. It is very important to consider all of the above points if you want to choose the right interior door. And then you definitely can't go wrong. In order for you to be able to distinguish a high-quality door from a low-quality one, you can study another small instruction, which can also help you when choosing an interior door for your home.
Point one - checking the coating and varnishing of the outer surfaces of the door
If you noticed. That the color of the door is not even, there are stains and incomprehensible turbidity, as well as the paint is not uniform and dirty - be sure that the manufacturer wants to mislead you, since toning is used here to hide defects, gaps and surface roughness. Obviously, such a door belongs to the class of substandard ones.
- A poor-quality door can immediately give itself out with a porous surface, a lack of smoothness and the presence of small bumps. There may also be specks, hairs and debris under the paint, black dots and all kinds of debris. If this does not convince you, then run your hand along the door - for sure the impressions will not be the best.
- Using a little effort, slide your fingernail across the door. If there is a trace left on the varnish or the varnish has broken off at all, then be sure that in front of you is a door with a poor-quality coating, and maybe even very dangerous for your health. In no case should such a door be purchased.
- If the door ends differ in color, or for some other indicator, this is a poor-quality door.
- If you find all of the above factors when choosing a door, then only one conclusion should be made - in no case should you buy such a door. All that you can get in the future from such a door is peeling of varnish and paint, not the ideal look of your interior, and even worse - those chemicals and substances that can be released from a poor-quality door coating can affect your health.
Second point - we take measurements
If you decide to go shopping for an interior door, do not forget to take a tape measure with you. The thing is that in order to understand in what conditions this door was made, it is worth carrying out very simple and simple steps:
- Measure diagonally from one corner to the next. Now compare the results. Remember that a high-quality door will have discrepancies from 0 to 1 millimeter, but for a low-quality door, such indicators can be up to 10 millimeters. And this only means that the door was made "on the knees", therefore, it is not worth taking such a door.
- Look closely at the door leaf from the side of the end. Very often you can see that the doors of many manufacturers are very noticeable "eight". And this only means that this wood was not dried correctly. But the whole point is that such a figure of eight will only increase over the years, so you should think carefully - whether you need to take such a door, or it is better to choose another interior door.
It is worth remembering that only high-tech factories can produce high-quality doors that meet all international standards.
Point three - check the surface
It is very important that the door surface is perfectly smooth. In order to check, you need to run your hand over the surface - you should feel a pleasant sensation. There should not be any gaps and roughness. Also pay attention to the top ends. Very often they are roughly sawn or have roughness.
Point four - check the glass
Shake the door slightly, if you hear a rattling sound, it follows that the glass is poorly fixed, and this cannot speak of the quality of the door.
- Pay attention to the condition of the frosted glass. If you notice oily or cloudy spots, then know that they cannot be removed with anything, since these spots are removed on special equipment after processing the door.
- It is worth paying attention to the origin of glass - it should not be cheap.
- Be sure to try to find out - what kind of seal was used to insert and fix the glass?
Point five - checking the baguette and structural connections
When choosing a door, be sure to carefully inspect all the connections of the structure and, in particular, the door baguette. Remember that there should not be any irregularities, gaps, overlaps, cracks, and, most importantly, in no case should there be an uneven junction of parts.
And in conclusion, I would like to say that when choosing an interior door, you should also ask - what material is the door itself made of? You yourself must understand that a high-quality door will never be made of cheap chipboard. Follow the useful tips, you will always know how and which interior door to choose correctly and safely. It will be useful to find out: what is the best way to fix the doors in the opening, how to simply cut the hinges into the doorway, adjust and fix the platband.
Full review and comparison of UFK universal milling carriages, template from Pavel Soldatov and from Farid Kamal. What universal template for cutting loops is better to buy? Benefits of models and video review. Manufacturers addresses
To protect your home, install anti-burglar hardware for plastic windows. Description of the principle of operation and classes of protective fittings. Selection tips and installation video
What is better to choose modern chandeliers or LED systems for lighting in an apartment? The best solution for ensuring proper rest is soft, diffused and dim light
A very important issue of repair is the purchase of plumbing, in particular, the question is acute, which bath is better to choose and how to avoid mistakes when choosing it. To do this, you need to know what types of baths exist, as well as all their features
Video tutorials on how to mount a door frame, cut in hinges and mount a lock. Consider in detail the process of installing door blocks in the opening. We will give advice on how to foam