2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Advantages of mosquito nets
- Types of structures
- Mosquito do it yourself
- Mosquito door by yourself
Everyone wants to feel comfortable and comfortable in their home. One of the components of a pleasant pastime is undoubtedly the absence of annoying and annoying insects. A mosquito net on the door will help protect against this scourge. Such structures are now installed not only on windows, but also in door frames, which provides complete protection against the invasion of mosquitoes and flies. In addition, nets will help protect your home from the invasion of dirt, dust and poplar fluff.
Advantages of mosquito nets
Of course, the advantages of nets are most clearly manifested in the summer, when a lot of irritants invade from outside. What are the advantages of installing a mosquito net on a balcony door?
- The most important advantage is one hundred percent protection from external irritants. The mosquito net will reliably protect you not only from insects, but also from dirt and even rain drops.
- Easy to operate. The mosquito is easy to install and very easy to care for. It is enough to wipe the structure with a damp cloth soaked in soapy water.
- Versatility - the design will easily fit into any interior, as it is very thin and virtually invisible on the window. In addition, thanks to its small thickness, the netting makes it easy to find a storage place for the winter.
- Strength. The mosquito net on the balcony door is capable of withstanding heavy loads, does not undergo stretching and deformation.
As you can see, the design has many advantages and you should think about installing it on the balcony door or on the front door if you live in a private house.
Types of structures
When choosing a mosquito net for a balcony or entrance door, you should decide on the mechanism for opening the structure. They are divided into several types.
- Swing mechanism. This is the most common configuration used in homes. The mechanism works in the same way as a regular door. Consists of a mesh stretched over an impost frame. The main advantages of such a mechanism are the ease of installation and ergonomics, the ability to choose any shape and size. There are single and double swing mosquito doors.
- Magnetic mesh. This design is equipped with an adhesive strip along the entire perimeter of the mesh and a cut in the middle, fastened with magnets. The mosquito is attached to the door frames and closes automatically after passing through the opening.
- Plisse, which is also an accordion, is a structure consisting of a frame and a strong mesh, which folds exactly according to the principle of an accordion and is pushed aside as unnecessary. Such a mesh takes up very little space, while performing its functions extremely effectively, since it is made of a strong plastic sheet.
- Roll mechanism. With this type of construction, the mesh, controlled by a mechanism, is collected inside the box and pulled out from there if necessary.
- Sliding door. It is also quite popular with consumers. The door on roller guides moves in the required direction and opens / closes in the required direction.
We should also dwell on such types of mosquito nets as anti-dust and anti-cat. The "anticoshka" model mosquito door net is designed for additional protection of the structure from your pets, who can damage it. The "anti-dust" model is best installed in those houses where people with pronounced allergic reactions live. Both of these nets are highly durable, with an additional protective coating that minimizes the intrusion of external irritants and increases the stability of the structure. The disadvantage of these two models is the low level of ventilation in the room.
Mosquito do it yourself
If for some reason you cannot install the structures described above, or you just want to save money, and you clearly need insect protection, then you can try to make the mesh yourself. So, how to make a mosquito net on a balcony door with your own hands?
- First of all, thoroughly clean the profile from dirt. Wash and dry the frames, degrease the surface, otherwise all work will go to waste.
- Apply construction adhesive around the perimeter of the frame and glue the bottom of the sticky fastener.
- Determine the required mesh size from the adhesive tape by attaching it to the window. Make a piece of the desired width and height, trimming off the excess.
- Glue or sew a second piece of adhesive tape around the edge of the mesh. That's all, the mosquito net on the balcony door is ready with your own hands.
Is it possible to assemble the most complete mosquito door?
Mosquito door by yourself
With minimal hand skills, you can independently assemble a structure from a wooden frame and mesh, which will reliably protect you from insects. So here's how to do it.
- Measure the door frame to determine the correct frame and mesh size.
- Make wooden blocks of the required size. Collect two frames. Fasten their corners diagonally using self-tapping screws and a perforated drywall profile.
- Mark out the mosquito net and cut it to size.
- Place the mesh on top of one of the frames and attach with reinforced snaps. Make sure the blade is taut enough.
- After attaching the buttons, coat the frame over the mesh with construction glue or liquid nails. Place the second frame on top and carefully press both frames together.
- As soon as the glue dries, you can start installing the fittings to the frame. Install the hinges and handle.
- Hang the door on its hinges and attach the magnetic strips to the structure itself and to the frame profile so that it can snap into place and hold in place. That's all, the mosquito door is ready.
Self-design and installation of the door will not be difficult, but it will allow you to significantly save money.
Installing a mosquito net will allow you to enjoy the summer to the fullest and feel protected from outside intruders. The functionality of the structure does not cause any doubts and, in general, mosquito doors are an excellent choice for installation both in apartments and in private houses.
Many people are interested in how to hang a mosquito net on the door; in the summer you cannot do without it. Selection and description of product types and step-by-step instructions for installing a mosquito net on the door
Consider a simplified procedure for installing hinges in a door frame. We are learning how to correctly and quickly put butterfly loops. In addition, installation videos and tips
Methods for attaching cashing to interior doors, how to properly trim and install platbands on the door. Tips for Correct Fitting Plates During Installation
Description, purpose and types of mosquito nets for PVC windows: frame, on adhesive tape, roll, pleated, sliding. Tips for choosing and installing mesh on a window, photo and video
Installing A Mixer With Your Own Hands, Installing A Faucet In The Kitchen In The Bathroom, Device, Types And Operating Instructions For The Mixer
Let's consider how to install, replace a faucet in a kitchen or bathroom. How to wind tow correctly so that the tap does not leak. Video advice from experienced