2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Start of floor restoration
- Sanding and sanding old parquet
- 9 stages of repair
Parquet floors are considered to be the very best floor coverings. New parquet is always well polished and lacquered, it always looks beautiful and solid. But time spares no one. Parquet gradually deteriorates, cracks appear on it. It cracks, the boards begin to dry out. Replacing an old parquet with a new one is very expensive. It will be much cheaper to restore the old parquet. Usually, the parquet has to be restored once in many years. It all depends on the conditions in which the parquet was used. Do-it-yourself apartment renovation website has prepared a short guide for self-repairing the floor.
Start of floor restoration
To remove tarnishing and discoloration of the parquet, you need to use a sander. Small scratches on the parquet, can be easily removed with putty or sanding. After the operations done, the parquet must be varnished or waxed. If the parquet starts to creak, then it needs to be repaired. Squeaking occurs due to poor parquet laying or the use of incorrect technology.
Bloating of parquet flooring can occur if moisture enters. There is only one way to correct such damage - by re-peeling the parquet. To replace a cracked or broken rivet, it is necessary to replace the broken parquet floor. To do this, you need to completely remove the adhesive base. Then you need to prepare and adjust the new riveting to size. Fill the place where the riveting is placed with special mastic.
After pouring, you need to install a rivet. It is necessary to put a heavy load on the riveting, after removing all the mastic that has come out. Having finished all the work, it is worth doing a looping. It will help hide the replaced rivets. Sanding and varnishing are required after sanding. The varnish must be applied in several layers. The coating will be durable if several layers of varnish are applied.
For better adhesion of all layers, sanding should be carried out after each applied layer, except for the last one. Working with varnish requires not forgetting about safety. It should always be remembered that varnish is flammable. When working with varnish, it is imperative to use respiratory protection. Do not forget to ventilate the room.
Sanding and sanding old parquet
In the old days, scraping parquet was called the removal of the surface layer of wood. Nowadays, with the advent of new technology and various grinding machines, polishing of parquet has become a shuffle. This operation is carried out in several steps. Sanding parquet flooring allows you to keep the floor for a much longer time than simply removing the top layer. A variety of grinding machines are used for the scraping operation. They can be drum, belt, surface grinding and others. We have already figured out how to do manual scraping of parquet with our own hands, using a loop, check it out if necessary.
Initial sanding is the roughest. Here, everything strongly depends on the professionalism of the master. This grinding should be done without flaws, so that pits and inconsistencies are not found in the future. The floor cycle occurs in the following sequence:
9 stages of repair
1. The parquet is roughly sanded. For such grinding, a special drum-type machine or a surface grinder is used. Drum-type machines have high productivity, but require high skill. Coarse sanding removes all irregularities, removes all the old coating.
2. After rough sanding, fine sanding of the old parquet is performed. Disc surface grinders are used for it. Fine sanding cleans the remaining bumps and blemishes.
3. The third step is sanding the most inaccessible places.
4. After all sanding, all cracks must be filled. It is advisable to apply the putty to the entire parquet, but only cracks, chips and potholes can be putty. Applying the filler to the entire floor will require large financial costs. With local putty, cracks may not be noticed. Color mismatch may appear.
5. When the filler dries, fine sanding is carried out. It removes an unnecessary layer of putty, leaving it only in crevices and pores.
6. Before you start painting the surface, do not forget to remove the accumulated dust and debris.
7. When the cleaning is finished, you can start painting the old parquet yourself with varnish.
8. Having covered the parquet with varnish for the first time, you need to wait for it to dry completely. Then carry out intermediate grinding. It will remove all excess lint and debris. This sanding will improve the adhesion of the layers.
9. When the intermediate sanding is finished, it is necessary to vacuum the parquet and polish it again. Parquet will not require repair if it is installed correctly. Such parquet will serve for a long time and reliably; restoration and repair of the old parquet floor will not be needed for the next 10-15 years.
Transformation and restoration of lacquered dressers and sideboards. Choose the right varnish and cover the wooden or veneered dining table. Video selection of recommendations
Recommendations for creating kitchen furniture with your own hands and the choice of materials will allow you to approach the issue more prepared and will give you the opportunity to save money
Top 5 ways to repair artificial stone countertops with your own hands. How to remove scratches, chips and stains from a stone surface. Consider the popular methods of restoring the countertop in place, without dismantling
Independent restoration of furniture can update and transform both soft and wooden products, in order to do this, you need to know the technique of updating furniture
As a rule, wooden windows have always been considered and still remain the most beautiful and high quality windows among such a wide range on the market. It goes without saying that now completely different technologies are used in the manufacture of wooden windows and the quality obtained as a result cannot be compared with the quality of those windows that were installed in our houses 15 - 20 years ago. Accordingly, after so many years, old wooden windows will need to be replaced