2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Laying methods around various obstacles
- Tips and Tricks for Obstacle Tiles
There are simply no surfaces ideal without various obstacles. During the processes of laying tiles, some obstacles always stand in the way: boxes, sockets, thresholds, switches, door frames, columns, sewer pipe outlets, transitions to other types of coatings. Very often the question arises - "How to carry out the work on laying new tiles on the surface around these obstacles?" We have already figured out how to put the tiles in the bathroom on the floor and walls correctly, and this article is a supplement.
Laying methods around various obstacles
For work you will need: a simple pencil or felt-tip pen, ordinary or circular tile cutter, special glue for laying tiles. And check out our article on how to cut tiles correctly at home.
- To install tiles around the switches, you need to attach the tiles to the room switch and mark the extra spaces on it with a felt-tip pen. With a tile cutter, it is necessary to cut the tiles along the marked marking lines. Next, cut out a place in it for the switch. To check the accuracy and evenness of the work done on cutting, you need to put the tiles in place.
- To lay tiles near a window opening or in the corner of a wall, it is necessary to measure the distance from the full last tile to the window opening or wall corner, taking into account a gap of two to four millimeters thick, this is necessary for the seam. If the wall is uneven, then the distances may be different, and you need to make measurements separately for each tile from the end to its beginning. It is necessary to mark the distance on the tile, draw a cut line and cut off the excess along the marked line. Then apply the adhesive and attach the resulting trimmed piece of tile in place.
Tiling around large and small pipes is done as follows:
If the pipe is large enough and the tile rests on the pipe with only one corner, then a curved linear cut will be required. To do this, you need to cut out a sheet of sturdy paper and place it in the place where the tiles should be laid. Holding the paper in this place, you need to bend all unnecessary and unnecessary, and then cut the paper along the curved lines in order to get a template for the future tile under this pipe. Attach the paper template in place and check the accuracy of the work done. The template should be applied to the tile, circled neatly with a pencil and cut along the marked lines.
If the pipe is small in shape and falls somewhere in the middle of the new tile, then the tile must be attached to the side and mark the bottom and top of the diameter of this pipe on it. After that, the same tile must be applied near the pipe from below, on a par in the bottom row with the edges of the tiles, and mark the extreme points of the pipe on it on the right and left sides. Connect the marks in a square in such a way that a square is formed and exactly in the place of the tile where the pipe passes. Using the grinder, set the required diameter in a circle and drill the required hole.
A difficult obstacle occurs when such holes hit two, three or more tiles. In this case, each sector must be marked with a felt-tip pen in a certain place, and the tiles must be cut along the marked lines. This should be done with each tile that falls on this hole.
The most difficult obstacles are columns, outdoor floor corners, door frames. In this case, it is best to adhere to the following rules.
Tips and Tricks for Obstacle Tiles
- Lay tiles that do not require cutting and tiles that need to be cut exactly in half. Such tiles must be glued to the visible part.
- Tiles that require cutting in the most difficult places should be tweaked last. In order not to be mistaken in the markings, you need to use a paper template, cut out a whole separate tile to size. Attach the template in place, bend over obstacles, cut and transfer to the tile.
- Cut the tiles along the contour, attach in place and check for accuracy. If the tile does not need additional trimming, then it can be laid on the adhesive in the required place.
The site for self-repair of an apartment, as always, helped to understand this issue. If something is not clear - ask, we will be happy to answer.
Methods for performing decorative finishing of corners in an apartment. Attachment options for wooden, metal, polystyrene foam, PVC corner to protect external corners and create a room design
Trimming the end of the tile for joining, the use of trims and corners to create a high-quality corner, ways to eliminate errors when working with tiles in the corners
Water Supply Of The Apartment Tips And Methods Of Installing Plumbing Pipes. What Pipes To Choose For Plumbing Video Tips
Which tube to choose for an apartment, advice on the installation and laying of water pipes from different manufacturers video tutorials on laying and technical characteristics
How to connect the switch correctly, different connection drawings from one or two points. Diagrams for the installation of pass-through switches and distribution of wires
The nuances of installing different types of sockets. Installation and connection of an Internet socket. Installation of television and telephone sockets. Video on how to connect sockets