2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Align the outer corner
- Align the inner corner
- Modern way
- Conclusion on the topic
The question of even walls is one of the most important when it comes to finishing work. But it is no less important when the corners in the rooms are even at 90 °. Therefore, the question of how to level the corner of the wall with plaster mortar is one of the most frequently encountered on the pages of construction forums. The rooms always have both internal and external corners. Therefore, it is necessary to understand two alignment processes that are slightly different from each other.
Please note that leveling with plaster is best done if the size deviation from the straight line is not very large (87 ° -92 °). If this figure exceeds the standards, then it is best to use drywall for leveling.
Align the outer corner
Let's start by asking how to align the corners of the walls (outside)? Usually they are located at the door, rarely when there is a column or architectural protrusion in the room. But in any case, they must be adjusted to fit a straight line.
- The deviation is determined first. For this, a square is applied to the corner. The longest part of the tool should rest on the main wall, which should already be plastered. Usually a ledge is fitted to it.
- If the angle is sharp, then the adjacent surface must be leveled.
- First, plaster beacons are installed - evenly over the entire height.
- Then plaster is applied to the adjacent wall. That is, the wall surface and the outer corner are aligned at the same time.
Most likely, small deviations will still remain. Therefore, it is necessary to wait until the plaster layer dries up, after which the corner must be treated with a primer. When it is dry, the final leveling can be carried out with a putty (thin layer) using an angled trowel.
Align the inner corner
The solution to the question of how to align the inner corner of the wall is more complicated. Sequence of work:
- A metal profile is installed on one of the walls at a distance of the width of the angle trowel blade, which is fixed to the wall with three metal dowels. Installation should be carried out strictly vertically, for which a level is used.
- A plaster solution is applied to the adjacent wall with a flat small spatula. The plaster is applied with small strokes to the entire height of the leveling corner.
- Now it is necessary to level the mortar with an angled spatula so that the gap between the blades of the tool and the wall surfaces is completely filled with plaster.
- The profile is dismantled, it is waited until the applied layer dries, after which it is necessary to prime the corner and carry out additional leveling with a thin layer of putty.
As you can see, plastering the corners of the walls with your own hands is not the easiest process. But if you understand it, it turns out that doing it yourself is not a problem.
Construction technologies today are rapidly changing, moving into the category of "easy to implement". Therefore, the question of how to plaster the corners of the walls can be solved in a simpler modern way. To do this, you need a special part - a metal counter-shell. In fact, it is a square corner made of aluminum, to which a mesh is attached. Konrashultz is used to form corners.
In order to install it, it is necessary to apply a thick layer of plaster mortar directly to the corner. It is better if it is thick. After that, this mesh corner is installed on top of the not dried plaster. Please note that the vertical installation of the Konrashulz is a basic requirement. The metal corner itself is a soft part, so it is best to use a long rule to press it down to the corner of the room.
At the same time, part of the plaster solution that must be removed from under the leveling device squeezes out. Now it takes time for the solution to dry well. The rest of the angle alignment process is carried out using standard technology. In fact, this is the usual alignment of walls adjacent to each other. That is, first one wall is aligned, then the other. In this case, the Konrashultz mesh will be inside the applied layer of plaster, which will make the mortar stronger. And the metal angle will provide 90º.
Conclusion on the topic
So, in this article, answers were given to the question of how to make an even corner of the wall with plaster (external and internal)? To finally understand this issue, we suggest watching the video posted on this page of the site.
When repairing, the question often arises of how to level the floors under the tiles yourself. The choice of leveling method and preparation of the base for the screed is quite painstaking work
Installing a bathtub with your own hands is not difficult, knowing the important points of installation work and not making mistakes, otherwise you can pay with your own time and money
Leveling The Floor With Your Own Hands Video. How To Properly Level The Concrete Floor Along The Lighthouses
How to properly level a concrete floor with lighthouses with a video example
Consider in detail the types of insulation for a room with a cold wall, tips for installing and using various types of battens. Video on wall insulation in the apartment. The better to insulate a wall in a corner apartment: video instructions for insulating a room from the inside and outside
Do-it-yourself Decorative Plaster On The Walls. How To Apply Decorative Plaster Correctly, Surface Preparation, Application Technology, Panels
Councils for working with decorative materials. Recommendations for applying decorative composition to the wall. Photo and video materials will help you master the technology of applying the composition to the wall