2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Simple tips you can't do without
- We prepare drawings, tools, material
- Step-by-step Guide to DIY Table Tennis Table
- Preparation of blanks
- Table assembly stages
Many people love to play table tennis, but not everyone does. First of all, the point is in expensive equipment. After all, tennis tables from world manufacturers are very expensive, and not every ordinary person can afford such a pleasure. But if you really want to run the ball with a racket, why not think about how to make a tennis table with your own hands? Moreover, this is not such a terrible business.
Simple tips you can't do without
Don't grab the tools right away. You should start with very simple things. First of all, look around and choose a place where the future structure will be placed. It should be chosen based on the type of tennis table, which can be either stationary or easily assembled.
A stationary table cannot be disassembled; a separate room must be built for it. Only then will he not be spoiled by the weather and the sun, and playing at such a table will be enjoyable. But not every summer resident can afford to give extra meters for a playing area, therefore, more often than not, they choose easy-to-assemble tennis tables.
A comfortable do-it-yourself tennis table should be made on a hard surface, have a perfectly flat surface and free space must be provided around it. those who have already played table tennis know that players periodically run away from the table a short distance.
Advice: the ideal size of the area allocated for playing table tennis is a 5x8 m area. Moreover, the sun should not be blinded, there should be no gusts of wind, there should be no biting insects (well, this is probably not realistic in the country).
We prepare drawings, tools, material
Unlike some other objects, the size of which can be increased or decreased, the tennis table must always meet the standards, otherwise it will be extremely inconvenient to play:
- Height from floor to mesh - 760 mm.
- Table length - 2740 mm.
- Table width - 1525 mm.
This is what a drawing of a standard tennis table looks like.
Of course, all the parameters of a do-it-yourself tennis table should be reflected clearly and clearly. In addition to the standard dimensions of the table itself, they also indicate the parameters of the grid installed in the future, as in this figure.
Having decided on the dimensions, we turn our attention to the material and tools that will be needed for successful work. We will proceed from the above indicated dimensions of the tennis table with our own hands to make. Thus, we need:
- Plywood, preferably sanded (2 sheets, 1525 × 1525 mm, 12 mm thick).
- Edged timber (5 pieces, 50 × 50 × 3000 mm).
- Metal leg brackets - 4 pcs.
- Self-tapping screws (5 × 89 - 38 pieces; 3.5 × 49 - 45 pieces).
- 4 bolts for connecting brackets with legs.
- Antiseptic for the treatment of wooden surfaces.
- Wood putty and spray paint in green and white.
- Welding machine.
- Primer and paint tools.
The list was made, the tools and material were prepared, now you can proceed directly to how to create a table for tennis with your own hands.
Step-by-step Guide to DIY Table Tennis Table
Preparation of blanks
Since our tennis table must be easy to assemble and disassemble, then conditions must be created for this, and specifically - it is necessary to cut the blanks of metal fasteners that can be easily disassembled and assembled.
It is not difficult to prepare plywood for the surface, since the sheets on sale correspond to our size.
Tip: Since plywood is sold in the correct width, it only needs to be adjusted in length. To do this, measure 15.5 cm from each sheet and cut off the excess. This will ensure that the plywood joints are located exactly under the mesh.
Now it remains to cut the timber, and then treat it with an antiseptic. Such processing will increase the service life of the product and a do-it-yourself table tennis table will last for a long time. While the timber is drying, we cook the brackets for fastening and make holes in them for self-tapping screws.
Table assembly stages
- We mark the timber and assemble, using self-tapping screws, a support structure for the table. To strengthen the frame, we fasten metal brackets to the corners, the task of which is to keep the corners in one state.
- Try on the legs to the mountings and, if necessary, remove the excess wood. It is imperative to ensure that the leg and mounting slot match exactly. In order not to confuse them in the future, it is better to number the details.
- Now we fasten the timber installed in the nests to the bracket. For greater strength, we use bolts and do everything very carefully and accurately. By screwing all four beams, we get a frame that will require further work.
- We make markings on the tabletop, try on and, using self-tapping screws, attach it to the finished frame. To do this, we drill holes, attach the cover to the frame and twist it carefully. Of course, you can screw in the screws from the back side, you just need to correctly calculate their length. Otherwise, it will not be possible to make a folding tennis table with your own hands, but to spoil it, since the ends of the screws will stick out on the surface and interfere with the game.
- The last stage of our work in the process of how to make a tennis table with our own hands is painting. To begin with, the surface of the countertop must be prepared for painting, for which it must be blown with a strong stream of air. It is easy to do this with a compressor. If it is absent, the countertop must be carefully swept and wiped with a cloth of a sufficiently rigid structure. After all the actions, apply a layer of putty to the surface and wait until it dries well.
The do-it-yourself tabletop on a do-it-yourself outdoor tennis table is painted in two layers: cover it with the first layer - wait for it to dry completely. We cover with a second layer and also wait for it to dry well. Now, with the help of an aerosol can, we apply the markings, install the grid and make a table tennis table with our own hands, you can start using it.
Advice: when making a tennis table yourself, calculate the length of the bars that you will lay so that they are shorter than the length of the playing surface, in addition, their section should prevent deformation of the table top.
Using the information, you will quickly make a tennis table for the street with your own hands, which will indescribably please your loved ones and significantly save your family budget. Well, if you still have questions about how to make a tennis table with your own hands, the video will give additional explanations.
Transformation and restoration of lacquered dressers and sideboards. Choose the right varnish and cover the wooden or veneered dining table. Video selection of recommendations
Before you make a kitchen table yourself, you need to watch a video, what materials and tools you need for this, as well as design a model in advance and determine the stages of work
Making a billiard table with your own hands is probably the best solution. The material can be picked up from your stocks, and chipboard can be bought. How to make billiards with your own hands and at no extra cost
DIY tips for installing two-level ceilings. How to attach, cut and bend a profile. To understand and prevent bruises, video tips from masters will help
How To Make A Wardrobe With Your Own Hands, Built-in. Drawings And Assembly Diagrams Of The Sliding Wardrobe, Self-installation Of Sliding Doors
Do-it-yourself built-in wardrobe with a photo. How to make a sliding wardrobe yourself, refine, install sliding doors with detailed photo instructions, you will learn from us