2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Varieties of balcony doors
- Single leaf plastic balcony doors
- PVC double-leaf balcony door
- Sliding system
- Folding "accordion"
- Construction of plastic balcony doors
- Composition of plastic doors
- Features and benefits of balcony doors
- How to install a PVC balcony system
- Additional related video
PVC doors are the most common design for balcony openings. There is a wide variety of PVC balcony doors on the market today. Plastic structures stand out not only for their beautiful appearance, but also for the warmth and sound insulation of the room, their long lifespan, and various design options. Let's consider what plastic balcony doors are, their advantages, how to choose, and how to install
Varieties of balcony doors
Single leaf plastic balcony doors
This solution is especially in demand, because, as a rule, apartments are made in the same style.
- The type of single-leaf PVC doors is distinguished by improved thermal insulation, which will ensure a stable temperature in the room;
- In summer, the door can be used as part of ventilation, opening the sash in full or in part;
PVC double-leaf balcony door
Double-leaf doors are considered more efficient, they stand out in a larger, in comparison with single-leaf doors, width.
The variant is a separate structure that is not included in the main room. The main advantage of sliding doors is to save free space in the room, which is very important for small apartments.
An unusual option for mounting a balcony opening. The folding doors are easy to use and compact. Also, when compared with a standard glass unit, an increased tightness can be distinguished.
Construction of plastic balcony doors
Before choosing a model for your balcony, it is important to understand what structures exist. Several types can be distinguished:
- Parallel Shift System;
- Lifting and sliding;
- Tilt and slide;
- Lifting and sliding.
The "accordion" type is convenient for comfortable use. It provides smooth opening, even with the smallest available space. The main disadvantage of this system is that when closed, sunlight does not reach the room.
The sliding system also works well in small spaces. The design is equipped with castors for optimal use of space.
The parallel shift stands out for its heavy doors and easy operation, the ability to open the system completely and the excellent ability to transmit light rays.
Lift sliding doors function by lifting the sash. The rubber seal provides excellent sealing. The downside of this design is the inability to open it to the end, the doors move sequentially.
Steadily extending is a system similar to that of buses. She first moves forward, then slides behind the fixed part.
The design of the lifting slide makes it possible to install volumetric plastic doors to the balcony. In addition, the system has good heat retention and tightness.
Composition of plastic doors
For the production of plastic balcony doors, only 2 types of material are used: aluminum and plastic.
The sliding glass balcony door is made from a standard profile. The material was chosen due to the fact that it perfectly retains heat, is reliable and extremely tight. PVC balcony doors are usually white. However, there are also options in other shades, for example, wood finish.
Aluminum doors to the balcony are made of profile structures. The main feature of such structures is the ability to perform in any form with a combination of various materials, which makes such systems an important element in the construction of expensive buildings. The aluminum balcony door is characterized by its fire resistance, harmonious combination with many solutions, corrosion resistance.
Features and benefits of balcony doors
As standard, ready-made PVC balcony doors are manufactured together with a window. The advantages of plastic structures are:
- Tightness, due to the tight fit of the frame and profile;
- Immunity to temperature changes;
- Thermal insulation, due to which the temperature is maintained in the room;
- Unpretentious maintenance.
The balcony door is identical in structure to the window system, therefore the same mechanisms are used in production. The customer may wish the outlet to be equipped with handles on both sides to avoid accidental slamming.
There is a balcony door completely glass or partially glazed. An open solution allows you to add lighting to a room.
The dimensions of the plastic balcony doors will depend on the parameters of the balcony opening. If it exceeds 90 cm, then a two-leaf circuit is mounted. Standard sizes: height from 1.90 m, width of a plastic balcony door - 60 centimeters. If it is necessary to reduce the parameters of the open alignment, the second part is made deaf or closed with latches.
How to install a PVC balcony system
Before starting the installation of any structure, it is required to perform preparation work - measure, purchase tools and materials, etc. Installing glass doors on a balcony is not like working with wooden profiles and has a number of features.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- First you need to prepare the opening. It is important to ensure that the dimensions match the wall and profile.
- Then, before installation, the plastic door for the balcony will have to be disassembled. Initially, the design is sold assembled, but it is easier to install the system in parts.
- The frame is installed with anchors and brackets. If brackets are used to secure the system, then it must be ensured that they are mounted in a special slot on the back. Anchors are installed in pre-prepared holes by piercing the box through and through. Regardless of the method chosen, it is required to set 3 fasteners on the side.
- Further, nails or self-tapping screws are driven into the opening for an emphasis. For the correct plane, 4 dowels are enough.
Additional related video
Plastic windows and doors are widespread. Why choose plastic structures? Metal-plastic windows and doors will become reliable protection for your home
Pvc interior doors are in great demand lately. We have considered all their pros and cons and you can decide for yourself which interior doors are better than veneer or pvc
Decorating The Walls Of The Kitchen, Bathroom, Toilet With Plastic Panels. DIY PVC Installation, Photo. How To Fix Plastic Video Panels
In our time, it has become very popular to make the decoration of premises with PVC panels
Varieties Of Self-tapping Screws For A Profile On Drywall. Description Of The Types Of Self-tapping Screws For Drywall. Selection For Different Frameworks, Calculation Of Quantities And Installation
How to choose self-tapping screws for drywall types and sizes. How to choose the right self-tapping screw for fastening a profile with or without a drill. Detailed photos and expert advice on fastening
What is the advantage of using plastic sliding doors. Types of designs of opening systems. cold and warm plastic sliding doors. Materials for sliding doors