2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- What are the advantages of anti-vandal designs?
- Features of anti-vandal designs
- What additional functions can a design have?
- How does the installation work?
Anti-vandal roller shutters for windows are an actual solution not only for retail outlets, but also for country houses, ground floor apartments, summer cottages. The design helps to get rid of the bars, while creating a fairly serious protection against criminal encroachments. In addition, roller shutters have some additional functions that can be useful.
What are the advantages of anti-vandal designs?
Anti-vandal blinds for windows are one of the most intelligent and convenient solutions. The design will help, without spoiling the appearance of the facade and without violating fire safety, to protect against thieves when housing is left unattended. The main advantages of the designs are as follows:
- The ability to install on window and door openings of any size.
- They will not be allowed to break the window or climb through it by breaking the sash.
- The opening area is completely closed. The structure itself is fixed in such a way that it is not possible to tear it off. This provides protection against any, even the most rude burglary.
- The shutters can be partially closed, so when you are at home, you can cover them to block out the bright sun.
- The lowered roller shutter protects the home well from dust and dirt.
- The design can protect not only from burglary, but also from light, dust and dirt, it significantly reduces the noise level.
- In case of fire, the shutters can be quickly opened. They do not impede evacuation, unlike grates.
- The products do not spoil the view from the window, as they are invisible when raised.
Roller shutters are well suited for those objects that are left unattended for a long time, as they are used seasonally. This also applies to small shops on the seashore and summer cottages. In order for an intruder not to get into the house, it is necessary to maximally protect all possible ways of entering the premises.
Features of anti-vandal designs
Anti-vandal roller shutters have some features, thanks to which it was possible to achieve high system efficiency:
- The material from which the lamellae are made is durable and light: alloy steel, aluminum, steel alloy are used for this.
- The guide along which the canvas moves is embedded in the wall, so it is almost impossible to unscrew or break it.
- Installation of additional locks, including electronic and padlocks, is possible. In addition, the system can be equipped with an electronic control unit that allows it to be opened from a distance using a remote control.
- If the shutter is closed, it cannot be dismantled. This becomes possible only if the slats are raised, and you are in the room.
It is thanks to these factors that roller shutters turn into reliable protection against criminals, dust, weather phenomena such as wind or slanting rain, bright sun.
What additional functions can a design have?
Anti-vandal window shutters can have several functions. In addition to protecting against criminals, they can help isolate heat and noise, saving you heating costs. This is true for country houses that are used only in summer: the structure will not freeze through, even if it is not heated regularly. If you decide to warm up the house, then thanks to the shutters, the heat will remain in it much longer, and you will need to repeat the procedure less often.
If you have panoramic glazing installed, then the roller shutters should be those that are protected from the wind. They may be required to prevent strong airflow. The design can have a control unit. This means that you do not need to open the roller shutters with your hands, you just need to press a button on the remote control. In addition, you can program the system to open and close at a specific time or fix it ajar. This is especially convenient in the morning, when bright light begins to enter the room: waking up can be made smooth and pleasant.
How does the installation work?
Installation of a structure can be carried out in several ways. The first involves attaching the guide to the wall of the building: this is done in close proximity to the window. This method is inexpensive, it is not required to violate the integrity of the wall, it is enough just to screw the structure to it, but the attacker will be able to unscrew it with the same success if there is enough time.
The second method is more reliable. The rail is built into the wall, which makes dismantling it very difficult for a thief. This is more expensive and more difficult, but reliable and is recommended for homes that are used on a seasonal basis.
In order to reliably protect your property, you can use roller shutters: they will help cut off the path for the criminal to get into the room, protect from dust and wind, and will not spoil the design of the facade.
Heat resistant wheels. They are mainly placed on trolleys for rotary ovens. The main thing in heat-resistant wheels is the material of manufacture. It depends on it in what temperature range they will serve, to which chemically aggressive environments they are resistant, and also how safe they are for floor coverings
Roller shutters for windows in the country perform, first of all, a protective function, since the home has to be left unattended. Overview of the advantages and features of the use of roller shutters in the country
Restoration and restoration of a wooden window - DIY instructions for repairing old wooden window frames. How to remove paint from wooden windows, how to putty, treat with linseed oil and paint
8 tips for choosing wallpaper for different rooms and corridors. Video advice from designers on the selection of wallpaper for the hallway and halls. How to determine the quality of cheap wallpaper
It is perhaps the most popular material for bathroom and kitchen finishes. Now the choice of tiles is so great that everyone can choose a facing material according to their taste and financial capabilities. At the same time, given that the services of a master tiler are not affordable for everyone, many people lay the tile with their own hands. And of course, in the process of facing work, questions arise about how to correctly perform this or that procedure. And perhaps most of all