2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- The advantages of sliding structures
- Types of structures
- Materials for the manufacture of sliding windows
- Features of installation of structures
Nowadays, you will not surprise anyone with plastic window structures. Everyone realizes the advantages of installing plastic profiles and more and more often choose them. However, the disadvantage of classic plastic windows is some cumbersome structure. In this case, sliding plastic windows will come to the rescue, you will not lose anything of the positive properties of PVC, but you can significantly diversify your home and save space.
The advantages of sliding structures
Of course, the main advantage of PVC sliding windows is that they significantly save space and visually enlarge your room, balcony or loggia. What are the other advantages of designs?
- Much more efficient use of the window sill area. Since it is not required to open the sash of the window, you can place the desired objects on the surface and not think about having to rearrange or remove them.
- The ergonomics of the windows plays a huge role in the installation of mosquito nets. You don't have to take out the mesh if you need to look outside. The mosquito moves on guides and, if desired, can move in a direction convenient for you.
- Sliding windows are a much more affordable option than buying and installing classic plastic windows.
- The sliding plastic system can be installed on balconies and window frames of any shape and size, the versatility of the design is another huge advantage.
- In operation, such systems are extremely simple, they do not require special maintenance. And the service life of these windows is no less than that of classical designs and is several decades.
- Excellent soundproofing - you will not hear annoying extraneous noise and will be able to fully relax and unwind at home.
- The windows are airtight, perfectly retain heat inside the house, and also prevent unfavorable weather from penetrating inside, especially in winter. In addition, they will protect structures from dust and dirt.
- Ease of use - the systems are designed in such a way that the sashes slide easily and are firmly fixed.
- Sliding systems are available in a variety of modifications - you can order windows of any color and size, decorate them with accessories to your liking and choose windows to match the interior of your apartment.
As you can see, designs do have a huge number of advantages and deserve a closer look at their installation. But what types are sliding windows divided into?
Types of structures
Sliding PVC windows are divided into several types according to the movement mechanism:
- Parallel sliding sashes,
- Flaps sliding vertically
- Swivel (oblique) sliding doors.
Parallel sliding doors are the most common type of construction, most often installed in homes. The principle of operation of the mechanism repeats the principle of operation of the sliding compartment system. Window sashes move on rails on rollers. A blind sash is installed at the edge of the window so that the moving part does not leave the window.
Vertical windows are much less popular with consumers. The sash rises up a plumb line, thereby opening, and is fixed in the desired position.
Tilt and turn sashes are the most complex system of all existing ones. The principle of operation is that in order to move the sash, it must first be pulled out towards you. The advantage of this design is the possibility of vertical opening of windows for ventilation.
Having decided on the system that sets the window in motion, it is necessary to understand, and from what materials can sliding plastic windows for a loggia or balcony be made?
Materials for the manufacture of sliding windows
A sliding system, like any other design, has two glazing options: warm and cold. Depending on this, the material from which the windows are made also differs, because the operational properties of various materials differ from each other.
- The aluminum profile is a great option for cold glazing. Absolutely everyone is already familiar with the advantages of aluminum, this material does not burn and does not corrode, protects against weather manifestations, and is incredibly durable. But on the other hand, aluminum will not be able to retain heat, it has a low level of noise insulation. Aesthetic and functional aluminum sashes are installed in cases when they do not plan to spend time on the loggia or balcony in winter.
- Wood is a noble material from which sliding windows are rarely made. Despite its environmental friendliness, beauty and the ability to retain heat well, wood is almost never used to design sliding frames, since it tends to dry out over time. The solution may be a special impregnation, but even it will not save the tree from the gradual rotting.
- Sliding reinforced-plastic windows are the most acceptable option. It is metal-plastic that has the ability to store heat, not to let in noise, moisture, dirt. The windows are resistant to deformation from high or low temperatures, impacts, and are very durable. It is plastic double-glazed windows that are ideal for sliding systems.
Features of installation of structures
Sliding plastic windows for a balcony or loggia have some installation features. You can also mount windows with your own hands if you have minimal construction skills. So, here's what you need to know when installing plastic sliding windows on the balcony.
- Pay attention to filling the installation gap between the blocks and window openings. The gap should be filled tighter on the inside than on the outside.
- Carefully monitor the integrity of the profile, do not allow it to bend and break.
- The window frame must be very strong and durable, preferably if the base is made of bricks or concrete.
Another small feature that only sliding plastic windows on the loggia allow is the expansion of space. The windows are installed with an extension and you get a little more free space on your balcony.
Sliding windows are a design that has many advantages, and all small disadvantages are easily crossed out by the advantages of this type of frame. Installing sliding frames guarantees you many years of comfortable use of your balcony or loggia.
Portal glazing is becoming more and more popular. What are the portal window systems and where are they used, what are their advantages, what materials are they made from?
What are roller shutters for windows, their types and design features. Materials from which the lamellas are made. How to choose the right window roller shutter and install
Sliding systems for windows are a convenient solution. Description of the types of designs of sliding windows on the balcony. How to choose the right materials for sliding systems?
Sliding wardrobe can be made by hand. Let's figure out how to do this. Videos on the topic will help with this
How To Make A Wardrobe With Your Own Hands, Built-in. Drawings And Assembly Diagrams Of The Sliding Wardrobe, Self-installation Of Sliding Doors
Do-it-yourself built-in wardrobe with a photo. How to make a sliding wardrobe yourself, refine, install sliding doors with detailed photo instructions, you will learn from us