2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Types of pollution
- Combating household pollution
- How to clean up construction pollution?
- How to clean at home?
- Gentle Care - What to Remember?
Modern metal-plastic structures are in many ways significantly superior to their wooden competitors. But, they also need careful care, since factors such as street dust, rain smudges, recent renovations require owners from time to time to think about the question of how to wash plastic windows and window sills at home.
To cope with such a task, it is enough just to choose the right cleaning agent. It is necessary to choose it, starting from the type of pollution and from the part of the structure that will have to be cleaned.
Types of pollution
Before you wash the plastic window sill , you should decide on the goal. This part of the window structure does not need frequent cleaning; it is enough to pay attention to cleaning only once every few days. To remove dust, just a clean cloth is enough.
It is advisable to wash the window sill at least once every seven days using warm water and powder, or a dishwashing gel. At the end, it should be wiped with a clean cloth and then wiped dry. If the pollution is more frequent and severe, then serious means will need to be used. Most often, windows in the kitchen require more careful maintenance, especially if they are located near the stove.
Among the main types of building pollution that usually arise after repairs, it is possible to note:
- scotch tape, sticky tape;
- polyurethane foam, cleaning methods;
If there are children at home, you may need to wash the plastic window sill from the marks of a marker, felt-tip pen, and even plasticine. Details about the methods of surface cleaning.
Combating household pollution
If modern structures are installed in the house, then sooner or later any housewife will ask the question of how to clean plastic windows and window sills. If you do not take into account the most common dust, then most often you have to deal with various stains and rust. For this fight to be effective and quick, it is worth resorting to the help of proven cleaning agents.
So, how to wash plastic window sills at home:
- Universal Mr. Proper. You can choose the product in the form of a free-flowing powder or gel. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the powder off the frame.
- Cillit Bang. The tool is presented in the form of a spray that is able to remove even complex dirt from the surface in just 15 minutes.
- This option is most suitable for the kitchen, as it easily deals with grease and soot.
- Domestos is the strongest detergent that easily removes traces of rust.
- Pemolux - removes minor stains. The product has the least aggressive effect on plastic structures.
- Comet gel is another option for kitchen windows.
- Cleaning cream "Mr Muscle" - copes with water stains, returns whiteness to plastic.
In addition to modern means, you can also use the traditional economical option - ordinary washing powder or soap solution from household soap.
Folk remedies include the use of chalk and tooth powder, or vinegar in combination with baking soda. In any case, before you clean the plastic windows and window sills, you will need to visit the hardware store.
How to clean up construction pollution?
The question, what is the best way to wash plastic windows and window sills in cases of repair, has several answers. It all depends on what has to be removed from the window structure.
So, construction pollution can be of the following nature:
- Scotch tape on a plastic window. This is a difficult problem, but it can be combated. Proven methods include using the same tape, vegetable oil, alcohol, or an eraser.
- The need to remove paint. To cope with such an unwanted guest, you can use silicate glue or nail polish remover.
- Polyurethane foam. The installation of a single plastic window is not complete without this component. How to clean plastic window sills at home from such a nuisance. In this case, the effective means will be the medical product Dimexid, the industrial solvent Cosmofen, or SOLOFF Delicat Barton'S. The latter does not affect the skin of the hands and the plastic itself.
- Splashes of cement, plaster, glue. You need to use a regular soapy solution in a warm form, or pre-soak the dirt with vinegar. If you prefer store-bought products, make sure that they do not contain abrasive substances.
How to clean at home?
Before you can clean your plastic window sills at home, you need to get a few important ingredients. So, any housewife will benefit from a special melamine sponge - an excellent cleaning tool. Due to its composition, the sponge copes with the removal of dirt as efficiently as possible, even if you use a regular soap solution.
If you are allergic to store products, use folk remedies. This will save your health and the health of your entire family.
If you do not already know how to wash the windowsills of plastic windows , have tried all available means, buy beautiful lace napkins, or original coasters for pots with flowerpots.
Gentle Care - What to Remember?
In order not to think about how to clean the plastic window sill later, it is better to take care of them correctly from the very beginning. To do this, you only need to follow a few simple rules:
- Remove stains as soon as they appear.
- Remove streaks as efficiently as possible.
- After using chemicals, be sure to rinse the surface with warm water.
- Use only those products that do not attack plastic aggressively.
Do not wash euro windows with ammonia, citric acid, salt, mustard, soda. With regard to tools, it is highly undesirable to use sharp, metal objects and rough rags.
Remember that ignoring these simple guidelines may result in the need to install a new window. And this is always an additional waste of money.
Drainers for windows must be installed. Review of materials for manufacturing and technical features of structures. How to choose and install a drainage system correctly?
Options for cleaning the flooring from paint and plaster, getting rid of dust in the room, removing polyurethane foam from the laminate after renovation, useful cleaning tips
Metal window sills have their own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages. Expert advice on the selection and installation of metal castings. What types of metal shines are
Joining a loggia to a kitchen or room is important for small apartments. Description of options for combining a loggia with a room or kitchen with the removal of a window opening
The advantages of wooden window sills and the peculiarities of their manufacture from different types of wood. Oak window sills - an overview of some manufacturers and prices