2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Benefits of automatic roller shutters
- What else attracts consumers with automatic roller shutters:
- Selection, installation and connection of the electric drive
Protective roller blinds with a cloth made of metal slats - roller shutters - have long become a lifesaver for businessmen of big and small hands. Installed in the openings of windows and doors, they protect kiosks, shops, first floors of business centers, shopping and entertainment complexes from burglary and unwanted penetration. To facilitate and accelerate the lifting or lowering of the curtain in several openings, to do it synchronously, without leaving the room, even when not in place, the electric drive for roller shutters will help.
Benefits of automatic roller shutters
The manual drive allows you to raise or lower the roller shutter leaf thanks to the inertial mechanism with a spring, when for further movement it is enough to pull the roller shutter in the right direction, or the cardan mechanism - in this case, you need to turn the handle.
Manual control of roller shutters weighing more than 35 kg becomes physical work. It is difficult to imagine the loss of energy and time of a person whose duties include the maintenance of protective roller shutters on the territory of a shopping and entertainment center. Electric roller shutters for windows in this situation are the only right choice. The owner of the only roller shutter, spoiled by comfort, will not refuse the convenience of the electric drive.
Remember! If the network is not de-energized, it is forbidden to use the emergency manual lifting of roller shutters. This is a common cause of drive mechanism failure.
What else attracts consumers with automatic roller shutters:
- The user does not need to know the operating principle of the roller shutter lifting mechanism and the procedure for its maintenance. A child can also press the corresponding button on the switch or control panel.
- No physical effort is required to operate the roller shutters. This is an important advantage of the electric drive, considering that modern roller shutters for garage and other large openings can weigh more than 500 kg.
- Possibility to unite all roller shutter motors by a common network. It is very convenient to manage the entire defense complex from one place.
- The use of the radio remote control allows remote control, and the use of a smartphone - in the absence of the owners on the spot.
- The control unit for all roller shutters of a certain complex can be combined with a security panel or video surveillance room equipment.
- The required lifting and lowering height of the web can be set by adjusting the limit switches. In the extreme positions, the drive will shut off.
- Possibility of installing an automatic lock at the top of the structure.
- Electric roller shutters can be integrated into the smart home system.
The disadvantages of the electric drive are the attachment of the mechanism and equipment to the power supply network, the limitation of the minimum width of the opening to be closed by the dimensions of the drive, as well as the high cost.
Selection, installation and connection of the electric drive
Important! Being engaged in self-installation of the electric drive, the consumer loses the right to the warranty of the device, which he receives when performing the work by the specialists of the specialized organization.
When choosing a specific type of electric drive, you should take into account: the weight of the profile blade, shaft diameter, supply voltage, drive dimensions, rotation speed, power consumption, torque, the presence of an emergency opening system, the ability to build in a radio control module. To facilitate the task, special selection tables offered by manufacturers will help. It will not be superfluous to consult specialists from a specialized organization that not only installs electric roller shutters, but also sells drive mechanisms with accessories.
To smooth the severity of the financial issue, to amuse pride with a positive end result, each household consumer can study the connection diagram and cope with the installation of the electric drive on his own.
The procedure for installing the electric motor on the roller shutter is as follows:
- The side cover is removed from the box protecting the roller with the wound roller shutter cloth.
- The crossbars are disconnected from the shaft.
- The freed shaft is removed.
- An adapter is put on the actuator, then a special end position clip.
- For future fixing of the side cover, a mounting plate is screwed onto the electric motor. Then holes are drilled corresponding to the attachment points.
- The electric motor is screwed to the side cover of the box through the fastening bar.
- The capsule with the inserted bearing is installed on the other side of the motor.
- The resulting prefabricated structure is installed in the octagonal shaft.
- The bearing capsule, located at the other end of the shaft, extends outward to the maximum extreme position and is fixed in the cover. Rivets are used for fixing. The corresponding holes are pre-drilled on the shaft and in the bearing capsule for them.
The installation of the electric drive is completed. The next stage is connecting to the mains. The four-wire cables through which the drive is connected to the mains are color-coded:
- yellow-green wire - ground;
- blue - neutral;
- black and brown wires - phases of the direction of rotation in different directions.
Phase blocking is mandatory in the circuit breaker device. This will prevent the simultaneous engagement of two opposite rotations.
With the help of adjusting screws "+", "-" on the head of the electric motor, the extreme limits of actuation of the limit switches are set.
Important! Voltage surges can knock down limit switch settings. Combine periodic debugging of the switches with the inspection of the roller shutter crossbars.
Popular manufacturers supplying high-quality electric roller shutter drive mechanisms to the domestic market:
- Somfy (France);
- Novo, An-motors (China);
- SELVE, Becker, Elero (Germany);
- Mottura, Nice, Came (Italy).
Roller shutters for windows in the country perform, first of all, a protective function, since the home has to be left unattended. Overview of the advantages and features of the use of roller shutters in the country
Internal roller shutters for plastic windows are becoming more and more popular. Description of the device and features of internal roller shutters in comparison with external ones. Construction mounting methods
In winter, a common problem is freezing roller shutters or a lock. What to do and how to open frozen roller shutters. Situations are possible when the shutters are already open, and the frozen lock does not allow them to close
Roller shutters on windows - high-quality protection of the house from burglary. Varieties of protective roller shutters, their differences, control method, as well as features of do-it-yourself installation
What are roller shutters for windows, their types and design features. Materials from which the lamellas are made. How to choose the right window roller shutter and install