2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- When a window drive is used
- Disadvantages of electric drive systems
- Types of applied electric drives
- Chain drive
- Spindle drive
- Rack drive
Everything necessary for life is constantly overgrown with useful or convenient functionality. This fully applies to window systems. The classic design is complemented today by decorative fittings, mosquito nets and existing ventilation systems, sun protection, opening restrictions. A universal electric window drive is gaining popularity, suitable for installation on frames made of any material.
When a window drive is used
Due to the high cost, we will omit the option of installing the devices under consideration on all windows of a house or apartment only for comfortable control from a distance. Let's single out the situations when it is difficult to do without installing an electric drive:
- The windows of industrial buildings, halls of business centers, shopping complexes have a high location.
- Massive window sashes or transoms of a large area can be opened and closed only with considerable physical effort.
- Sloped attic windows or horizontally located windows of other buildings are difficult to open in winter due to the layer of snow covering them.
- The need to simultaneously open all the windows of the gym, fitness center, entertainment complex for airing.
- On the upper floors and in areas of constant gusty winds, the window drive will facilitate opening, prevent damage to the glass unit from a possible sharp flapping of the sash.
- The need to ventilate the translucent structure of the facade.
- Elderly people or those with physical limitations live in the house.
- In a “smart home”, an automated window drive is included in the microclimate system, which is responsible for maintaining the selected temperature and humidity in the room.
- Automatic ventilation of greenhouses, winter gardens, greenhouses.
- Access to the window unit is difficult.
- Hospitals, nursing homes, medical complexes with large window openings.
Automatic opening systems are in demand to ensure the correct and emergency operation of air ducts, ventilation systems, chimneys.
A serviceable electric drive for PVC windows is a tireless assistant in the operation of movable sashes and transoms. The correctness of the choice is confirmed by some features of problem-free use:
- The mechanism works smoothly and accurately without undue effort, increasing the life of the locking mechanisms and fittings.
- The window can be easily switched to manual opening mode when the power supply is cut off or the device breaks down. To do this, the quick-release connection of the sliding element effortlessly disconnects the sash.
- 24V models eliminate the risk of electric shock. They operate safely on aluminum frames, in very humid greenhouses and swimming pools.
- Drives for automatic opening of windows large size, with a large mass, can be used in the group. They are installed along the edges of the sash or evenly along the edge that extends when opening.
Disadvantages of electric drive systems
- In the interior of a cottage or apartment, the elements of the window opening system can stand out noticeably, not corresponding to the general design solution.
- In the absence of supply voltage, emergency or planned opening of the window sash will have to be done manually, having previously disconnected the drive from the moving part of the frame. The use of an emergency battery comes with additional costs.
- High price. Prices for a drive for windows start from 5 thousand rubles and reach indecent double-digit numbers.
With the help of additional sensors, the automation in the absence of the owners will close the window blocks in case of strong wind, rain, snow; will open - to remove smoke with toxic combustion products; reacting to a change in humidity in the room, it will activate the ventilation system.
Types of applied electric drives
For small and medium-sized windows with any arrangement of awnings, a low-power drive with an actuator - a sleeve-roller chain is used. The chain is located in a take-up drum, which is located on the shaft of the reversible motor. When opened, the chain unwinds and pushes the sash. Rotating in the opposite direction, the motor shaft winds the chain and pulls the leaf back. The working stroke of the chain can be 90-500 mm (depending on the model), the ejection force is 8-30 kg (decreases with an increase in the working stroke). This type of drive is the most common because it is considered inexpensive.
The drive is compact and convenient for use in confined spaces. By means of a screw-nut pair, the working body - the stem - is set in motion. 180-600 mm - possible stroke. The traction force of the drive is 40-300 kg. A spindle drive is recommended for automating the operation of window sashes with a large mass and area. Reliable and rigid screw mechanism requires periodic lubrication.
Any type of convenient and reliable electric drive mechanism requires periodic inspection, adjustment and lubrication to increase its service life.
Tips on how to choose a storage water heater in the Leroy Merlin store. Do I need to overpay for additional features. Which control is better and will last longer
Let's try to choose a hammer drill that is lightweight. Consider perforators with two and three modes and having two speeds and three modes. Manufacturers who produce professional models and do not overstate the cost of professional manufactured professional drills
Selection of lubricant for gearboxes and bearings of any grinder, how to lubricate parts of angle grinder, Makita. What is the best lubricant for grinders gearboxes and how it can be replaced
Which heated towel rail is better than an electric or water heated towel rail how to choose the right Features and types of systems, heated towel rail models. How to install a heated towel rail with your own hands? Step-by-step actions and video for connecting to the water supply
Choosing the right bathtub Previously, you could only dream of a whirlpool bath. This privilege was for rich people. Today on the market there is a huge selection of all kinds of configurations, colors, shapes and prices. They are becoming more and more popular. And who does not want to take a bath, and at the same time to improve their health. Hydromassage courses are very useful for stress, varicose veins, increase the tone, remove toxins. But how to decide and choose the right thing, wha