2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Roller shutters with protective functions
- How are roller shutters installed?
- How is it managed?
- How to choose roller shutters?
Roller shutters on windows are high-quality protection against criminal encroachments: they are a more functional alternative to grilles, can be used as shutters. In addition, there are fabric roller shutters that are used for decorative purposes indoors and serve to protect from the sun. We will help you navigate the variety of models, choose roller shutters that best suit your goals and means.
Roller shutters with protective functions
All roller shutters are made according to the same principle: they have a canvas that can be lifted and rolled up in a box, which is installed above a door or window opening. Protective materials differ from decorative materials and the way they are installed.
Installation of roller shutters on windows takes a little time, but requires a professional approach. It depends on the materials: roller shutters can be made of aluminum, steel, if they are used outdoors, as well as wood, fabric or plastic for indoor use, for example, as curtains or doors to a pantry.
- Steel roller shutters can provide high-quality protection of windows and doors from outside intrusions. They are quite durable, it is very difficult to crack them, therefore such structures are often used to protect shops and country houses, which are left unattended for the winter.
- Aluminum, although it is a softer metal, is in no way inferior in strength to steel, since lamellas from it are made in a special way. The advantage of this material is corrosion resistance, the ability to protect well against burglary, durability.
- If roller shutters are made of plastic, they are usually placed indoors, since such products are not able to withstand mechanical stress. They are used as sun and dust protection. An interesting solution is to install such a door on a pantry or closet. If necessary, it can be put into the box, creating free space. Such a product is well suited for a built-in wardrobe.
- Roller shutters for fabric windows have also gained popularity recently. They are installed on windows as an analogue of blinds or curtains. Shutters perfectly protect from dust, can regulate the ingress of sunlight into the room, they can be easily removed into the box, fully or partially opening the window opening.
How are roller shutters installed?
Installation of roller shutters on windows directly depends on what type of product you have chosen. There are overhead models, as well as built into the opening.
- Overheads are screwed to the wall with bolts that can be hidden with plaster or use large through joints that cannot be unscrewed from the outside.
- It will be impossible to remove those built into the opening, since they are embedded in it. Protective shutters of this type are considered more reliable, since it is almost impossible to open or dismantle them without special equipment.
How is it managed?
Roller shutters and roller shutters can differ significantly in the way of control. They are divided into the following types:
- Inertial belt models: work from the mechanical effort of human hands. For such a system, only roller shutters are suitable, the weight of which does not exceed 15 kg.
- Gear-cord. The opening principle is the same as for standard blinds. The maximum weight of the structure is 20 kg. It is opened by hand, and the controls can be placed both on the outside and on the inside of the opening.
- Cord-type crank drive. Externally differs little from the previous design; manual control, but the maximum weight of the structure can be up to 80 kg.
- Spring-inertial. It is also a manual system. This is one of the heaviest structures, as its maximum weight is 100 kg.
- Automatic drive systems. They are equipped with an electric motor that drives the roller shutters. The maximum web weight in this case can be 200 kg. Control can be carried out both from the switch and using the control panel.
In addition, you can use special add-ons that will automate the operation of the device: for example, the canvas will rise and fall at a given time.
How to choose roller shutters?
Roller shutters for windows and doors differ significantly. The choice depends not only on the financial capabilities of the buyer, but also on the goals that he sets for himself. For example, if you want to reliably protect your home or commercial premises from burglary, you will need anti-burglary shutters that can withstand severe mechanical stress. And if you want to organize a pantry at home or protect windows from the sun, then it makes no sense to overpay and install a bulky metal structure, when you can limit yourself to a fabric analogue that will not only protect the room from the sun, but also decorate your interior.
The existing variety of designs allows you to solve a variety of problems, choosing materials for price and quality.
Roller shutters for windows in the country perform, first of all, a protective function, since the home has to be left unattended. Overview of the advantages and features of the use of roller shutters in the country
Internal roller shutters for plastic windows are becoming more and more popular. Description of the device and features of internal roller shutters in comparison with external ones. Construction mounting methods
Do-it-yourself electric roller shutters or call a master? Description of the best way, how the process of mounting the electric drive on roller shutters, as well as its connection
In winter, a common problem is freezing roller shutters or a lock. What to do and how to open frozen roller shutters. Situations are possible when the shutters are already open, and the frozen lock does not allow them to close
What are roller shutters for windows, their types and design features. Materials from which the lamellas are made. How to choose the right window roller shutter and install