2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
Making interior repairs on their own, each consumer tries to perform it at the highest level, for himself.
But a large number of property owners hire professionals to complete the finishing work. And since you have to pay for the performance of work, you need to know the basic requirements for this kind of work.
All the requirements for finishing the premises are stipulated in special regulations called SNiP. SNiP stands for construction norms and rules.
The quality of the finishing work performed must comply with the given standards, and do not fall below.
Main regulatory documents
For the same reading and understanding of quality standards, regulatory documents have been developed that prescribe the requirements for all types and types of finishing work.
Compliance with the requirements of these documents is mandatory:
- if you want to build structures or buildings;
- if you are going to remodel existing premises or remodel some of them;
- if you want to restore your object.
The rules and regulations under review focus on safety.
The interior department of the premises is carried out in accordance with SNiP 3.04.01-87.
The device and installation of sanitary networks is carried out in accordance with SNiP 3.05.01-85.
Power supply and power grid system is regulated by SNiP 3.05.06-86.
Law of the Russian Federation No. 384-F3 of 13.12.2005 "Technical Regulations on the Safety of Buildings and Structures" is the main normative act that must be complied with by all construction organizations.
For individual customers, the standard for the provision of repair services is regulated by GOST R 52059-2003.
If you hire a construction company to carry out repair work, be sure to draw up an Agreement, which must contain a clause indicating the requirements for the work performed for compliance with building codes.
The quality of the final finishing work must comply with the requirements of SNiP 3.04.01–87.
Since this is a rather thick document, we offer instructions containing the main deviations of all surfaces of the interior.
All deviations are determined by the value of the tolerance and are set in percent% or geometric value (m, cm, mm).
Gender and deviation tolerances
- thickness no more than 10% of the design;
- unevenness of the screed surface for decorative coatings no more than 2 mm at a length of 2 m;
- flatness when laying parquet boards no more than 2 mm per 2 m length;
- the width of the seam when laying ceramic tiles is not more than 6 mm;
- flatness of the surface when laying ceramic tiles is not more than 1 mm.
- chips, potholes, protrusions and grooves, cracks during visual inspection are not allowed;
- the flatness of the surface is checked with a 2 m long rail, while the permissible clearance over the entire length should not exceed 4 mm;
- voids under the tiles are not allowed when tapping. The tile will need to be repositioned.
Walls and deflection tolerances
- when plastering the surface, deviations from flatness should not exceed 2 mm at a length of 1 m, and in tall buildings by 1 cm;
- finishing work is performed only on surfaces with a moisture content of less than 8%;
- painting work is performed on a plane of no more than 8% moisture;
- paint and varnish coating is applied to a thickness of at least 25 microns;
- smudges, splashes, stains, color changes are not allowed on the painted surface;
- wallpapering should be done only at humidity no more than 8%;
- the width of the seam between the wallpaper stripes is not allowed more than 0.5 mm;
- there should be no bubbles, stains, wallpaper peeling on the surface;
- wallpapering of electrical switching devices, skirting boards, doorways is not allowed;
- the wallpaper pattern must necessarily match along the entire length.
Where to start finishing the premises?
Before you start finishing the premises, decide on the ultimate goal of what you want to get.
It will not be possible to create a comfortable, convenient, stylish room without the involvement of specialists. Moreover, you cannot do without a specialist if you plan to make an internal redevelopment of the premises.
The list of the main repair work in the interior decoration
The basis is made up of work on leveling the surface, performing putty and plastering work, floor screed work, surface cladding with plasterboard sheets.
Additionally, facing work, work on the installation of doors, slopes and windows are carried out.
Interior finishing includes electrical work, installation of insulation, flooring.
The quality of finishing works sets the final assessment of the premises.
You can get a beautiful room only using high-quality finishing materials.
The interior decoration of the premises is divided into three stages:
1.work with the ceiling;
2. wall decoration;
3. finishing work on the floor.
Attention! It is in this sequence that internal finishing work is carried out
Ceiling and finishing work on it
Getting inside the room, any person does not arbitrarily turn his gaze to the ceiling. And the requirements for the ceiling surface are the highest.
You can get a high quality ceiling covering by using stretch ceilings. High quality ceiling coverings are obtained using plasterboard structures.
Walls and finishing work on them
A large number of technologies and a variety of finishing materials are used for wall decoration.
Liquid, metallic and moisture-resistant wallpapers have been added to the traditional pasting of a room with paper roll wallpaper. And then there are fabrics, natural stone. Each type of wallpaper has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Roll paper wallpaper has the lowest price. Liquid wallpaper has no seams and does not need to be aligned to the pattern. Metal wallpaper has not only a wonderful appearance, but also durability and practicality.
Floor and finishing works on it
Floor with high frequency of use is preferable to cover with ceramic tiles. At a low frequency of use of the coating, it is allowed to use carpet, laminate, linoleum or parquet board.
Tips for removing old coatings The
whitewashed ceiling must be washed off and the paint removed from the painted ceiling.
Rinse off with a sponge and warm detergent solution. Remove the paint with a spatula, abrasive, chemical method, using FIL-5 remover.
Old paper wallpaper is removed with a spatula after moistening, washing wallpaper is removed after processing with a steamer or by ironing it with a hot iron through a damp cloth.
Do the same with the wall covering.
The covering is removed from the floor in case of complete failure, or in the event of a complete replacement.
Decorating the room with wood
Lining is especially popular for interior decoration of premises. It is best used when decorating a kid's room, country house or living room.
The main advantage of the material is its environmental friendliness.
Of the advantages of the material, I would like to note the ease of installation, the cheapness of the material.
And natural beauty cannot be reproduced in artificial materials.
To finish the room with clapboard, you must complete the preparatory stage:
- carry out the installation of electrical wiring, television and telephone wires;
- mark the places of installation of electrical connecting fittings.
To fix the lining, it is necessary to install a wooden lathing made of bars of the same thickness. If necessary, the voids in the crate are filled with insulation. It is best to use mineral wool as insulation. To improve the vapor and waterproofing, a plastic wrap should be laid.
The lining is mounted both vertically and horizontally. Diagonal installation of the coating is also allowed. It turns out a beautiful surface, but the complexity of installation is beyond the reach of beginners.
When buying lining, carefully approach the selection process.
Lining installation technology The
lathing is attached to the wall with a pitch of 35 … 60 cm. For vertical installation, the lathing is installed horizontally.
The installation of the lining begins from any corner with special nails with a small head or staples.
The installed wagon must be treated with an antiseptic liquid and a fire-resistant composition. After complete drying, the surface is varnished.
- when performing interior finishing work, be sure to follow the requirements of regulatory documents;
- when finishing, use only high quality finishing materials;
- if you decide to redevelop the internal space, you cannot do without specialists;
- Compliance with the requirements of regulatory documents will ensure the safe operation of the premises, its long service life.
I wish you success!
Methods for performing decorative finishing of corners in an apartment. Attachment options for wooden, metal, polystyrene foam, PVC corner to protect external corners and create a room design
Tips on how to properly prepare and apply the finishing putty on the wall and create a smooth surface for painting. Choosing a good material for walls and ceilings (video)
Tips and tricks for choosing and preparing a mixture for puttying. What to look for when plastering a plasterboard ceiling with your own hands (video)
The device of a two-layer self-leveling floor, including the base and finishing layers, the features of surface preparation for pouring, the recommendations of specialists when performing repairs
What Is The Finishing Or Pre-finishing Of An Apartment, Its Advantages And Disadvantages, The Procedure For Accepting Work
The concept of an apartment with a fine finish is shielded ready for the installation of furniture as if on a turnkey basis, and with a rough finish, the surfaces are not prepared for finishing coatings and there are even no partitions between rooms