2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- The classic window cleaning method
- What do you need to cook?
- How do I clean my frame properly?
- How to properly wash glass yourself?
- More modern ways of cleaning window structures
- How to wipe the glass clean?
- How to clean hard-to-reach places?
Washing windows is not the most pleasant experience, but such a need can arise quite often, especially if the window faces a busy street, where dust from the road rises. It is also recommended to wash the interior at least once a month. How to clean windows correctly, and in what ways to do it, our article can tell.
The classic window cleaning method
Washing windows in an apartment can be done in different ways, but most often housewives resort to one trick: they choose cloudy weather for washing, then there will be no stains on the glass, and the glare of the sun will not interfere with seeing pollution. Another plus: the detergent dries faster.
What do you need to cook?
In order to wash the windows in the apartment, without being distracted in the process, you need to prepare in advance the following:
- Two buckets, one of which should contain clean water, the second - a solution for cleaning windows. You can get by with one bucket if you use a detergent that you don't need to dilute, such as various window sprays.
- Soft foam sponge. If the window is very dirty and debris has adhered to it, a hard sponge may be required.
- Microfiber. It is convenient for her to wipe the glass dry. If there is no such fabric, any soft, dry material will do, it is desirable that it absorbs moisture well and has no lint.
Advice: if you do not want to spend money on detergents or you do not have them on hand, you can use a regular soap solution, washing windows with it will not be inferior in quality to professional detergents.
How do I clean my frame properly?
Before you start cleaning the glass, you need to clean the frame. To do this, you need to vacuum it, removing dust and dirt. Then wipe the frame with a dry cloth. After removing coarse dirt, wash the frame with soapy water and then rinse off the soap with clean water. If necessary, you can wipe the structure with a dry cloth. If it seems too difficult for you to wash the glazing, contact the company's specialists to quickly wash the windows.
How to properly wash glass yourself?
It is possible to clean the windows in the apartment at no extra cost with a foam sponge dipped in soapy water. If there is stubborn dirt, a harder sponge can be used against it. Soap streaks and dirt residues are washed off with clean water. To avoid water drips, you can wipe the window with a newspaper or dry cloth.
Advice: microfiber is excellent for rubbing glass, thanks to its soft structure and high ability to absorb moisture, it becomes an indispensable tool for cleaning windows.
By wiping the glass with regular newsprint, you can achieve a shine by removing any grease left by your hands. This is a proven and inexpensive method that does not need to be changed.
More modern ways of cleaning window structures
It is possible to wash the windows in the apartment more efficiently, without leaving streaks on the glass, using a modern method, for which you will need to prepare the following:
- Bucket for water and mortar.
- Sponges and a rag.
The resulting dirty drips are scrapped to the bottom of the window. This device is driven over the glass from top to bottom. It is not required to wipe it, stains will not interfere with further cleaning of the window. If the window does not clean immediately, you can rinse it with the soap solution again.
How to wipe the glass clean?
After you have rinsed the window with clean water, you can start wiping it with a dry cloth: this should be done starting from the top and moving smoothly to the bottom. A scraper can be used. For this, it is held at an angle of 30 °. To avoid streaks, the next movement should overlap the trajectory of the previous one by several centimeters.
Tip: in order to effectively clean the windows, wipe the scraper with a dry cloth after each movement. It must be clean. If you do not do this, divorces will remain.
Small drops or residual streaks can be removed with a cotton cloth. Please note that water often accumulates along the perimeter of the structure, in the place where the elastic bands of the glass unit are located: wipe them thoroughly with a dry cloth, removing water from there.
How to clean hard-to-reach places?
It is quite difficult to clean the balcony glazing, since it has a large area and height, and only a small part of the sections opens. In order to clean the windows in an apartment completely, you can use the following tricks for balcony glazing:
A long mop, at the end of which is a soft rubber sponge, will help to reach remote places. Usually the handles of these mops are telescopic, so you can change their length at your own discretion. There are models with a double sponge, this is convenient, since you can wash the window with one side, and wipe it with the other, for this you just need to turn the mop in the right direction.
- If you want to wash the window only from the inside, you do not have to use a mop or reach out from the stool: it will be most convenient to use a stepladder. You can put a bucket on it, and the height will allow you to get to any point of the glazing. You can also use it while washing the windows in the room, especially if you cannot stand on the windowsill for some reason.
- There are special sponges with magnets. They can be placed on both sides of the glass unit: you can not only safely wash the street side of the window, but also do it twice as fast, since you will wash both sides of the structure at the same time. Such sponges must be selected relative to the thickness of the glass unit, since they are equipped with magnets of different powers.
If the balcony is at a high altitude and external elements are difficult to reach, it is best to use the help of industrial climbers.
Conclusion: washing windows in an apartment will not cause any difficulties if you have a sufficient amount of time and have at least a minimum set of items at hand for cleaning.
Ten tips on how to paint a high-quality ceiling and prevent glare and stains after painting the ceiling. Methods for correcting paint defects and getting rid of streaks
Water Supply Of The Apartment Tips And Methods Of Installing Plumbing Pipes. What Pipes To Choose For Plumbing Video Tips
Which tube to choose for an apartment, advice on the installation and laying of water pipes from different manufacturers video tutorials on laying and technical characteristics
An overview of the means, how to wash plastic windows and window sills at home, how to clean a plastic window sill from construction pollution. Products for the care of plastic windows and window sills
How To Choose A Design For An Apartment And Decorate A Beautiful Interior For An Apartment Methods And Advice
Options and ways to decorate an apartment with your own hands, an overview of styles and decorative decorations that will help you decorate your future home on your own. Photo and video of apartment interiors
Washing plastic windows at home has its own secrets. Recommendations for the use of chemicals for cleaning plastic structures from dirt