2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Why is the glazing of the loggia useful?
- Which profile to choose for work?
- Profile system selection
- Advantages and disadvantages
Glazing of PVC loggias is a fairly popular solution, both for apartments and for country houses, despite the higher cost of this material compared to its aluminum counterpart. This is explained by the ability of the plastic profile to retain heat efficiently and ensure the tightness of the room. PVC material is durable, does not require any specific maintenance, allowing you to choose any shape for the design.
Why is the glazing of the loggia useful?
Glazing of PVC loggias will allow you to turn an open space into a useful area that is well protected from the external environment, which can be used for various purposes. Insulation of the curtain wall with PVC will make it possible to turn it into a heated space suitable for use in any weather. The structure will not freeze, you will save the apartment from drafts, condensation, make it quieter, add several meters of space to the room. Dust, dirt, debris that may fall from other floors will not get inside, you will no longer be bothered by precipitation and wind.
PVC glazing will help create a comfortable environment. Thanks to the additional buffer space, the room creates its own microclimate, the room will become warmer, especially if the loggia receives a heating battery.
Which profile to choose for work?
Glazing with PVC windows, first of all, puts the buyer before choosing the design itself, because not only the profiles themselves differ, but also the double-glazed windows inserted into them. Glazing is divided into the following types:
- Complete and partial.
- Warm and cold.
Advice: when choosing a material for glazing, pay attention to the plastic profiles: they have no drawbacks, in addition, they include all the advantages of other materials used for glazing structures.
With the help of glazing, you can regulate the light entering the room. You can darken the windows, make a fixed sash, or, on the contrary, use the largest glass possible, making the space bright and spacious.
A comfortable temperature regime can be achieved using double-glazed windows. Such glazing of PVC balconies will perfectly cope with heat insulation, while not having too much weight, which is a critical parameter for many structures.
Profile system selection
The system is selected depending on what kind of glazing. If you have a cold structure, you can use a beautiful solution and install panoramic frameless glazing. It is not capable of insulating a room, but it looks quite interesting and can protect against wind and precipitation. Warm glazing has hermetically sealed structural elements, does not let the cold through due to the profile features. Such glazing is not frameless.
Opening methods can be any. Most often, a sliding option is used to save space, since in this case the sash does not require additional space for opening. Another plus of the sliding structure is that it will not open from the wind.
Advantages and disadvantages
Glazing of PVC loggias has its own characteristics, which must be taken into account when choosing a material for glazing. PVC has a lot of advantages:
- Durability. The structure will last more than 50 years without losing its external characteristics, will not become dilapidated, and will not require complex repairs.
- PVC is not afraid of temperature changes, the profile does not deform from the heat, it does not react to low temperatures.
- The frame will not warp, since the plastic does not have the ability to freeze.
- PVC glazing does not rust, does not rot, it is not spoiled by harmful insects, rodents and birds.
- The plastic contains special substances, thanks to which it does not burn even at high temperatures.
- A high-quality glass unit does a good job of isolating the interior space from external factors.
- You do not need to service the glass unit, cover it with cotton wool in the winter. The structure does not need additional insulation.
- It is very easy to clean PVC glazing. Any detergent is suitable for this. Many manufacturers produce profiles that can repel dust and dirt.
- PVC windows of the balcony, loggias can protect the room. There are special reinforced windows, as well as fittings that prevent burglary. Such products will not only protect well from the external environment, but also will not allow the criminal to get into the house through the balcony.
- You can install a special cat screen or child protection on the windows. The cat will not fall out of the window, hanging on a strong net, and the child will not be able to open the sash on its own.
The PVC construction has no drawbacks as such. However, unpleasant moments include the high cost of the material and the large mass of some windows, which is why they cannot be installed on every balcony slab.
Tip: before installing plastic glazing, you need to find out how much weight the base of the balcony can withstand. It can be strengthened if necessary.
Conclusion: glazing with PVC windows is a convenient and profitable solution, thanks to which you can make your balcony comfortable.
Salamander windows are some of the best on the window market. An overview of Salamander plastic windows, what profiles are made and how they differ. Salamander windows installation video
How To Choose Plastic Windows Correctly. What Is Better To Buy PVC Windows, Profile Slidors (slidors)
Ways to decide on the choice of plastic windows important tips which are better to buy PVC windows and choosing window frames made of plastic, by different companies
Installing balconies and glazing windows is a necessary step in modern home renovation. Expert advice: what frames to use, what type of glazing to choose, what you need to know about installation
Varieties of sliding window designs for glazing balconies and loggias. Description of types of plastic and aluminum structures, advice on the choice of material for sliding windows
The choice of the type of glazing and insulation for a balcony or loggia. How to do it yourself and save money. We select the best options for economical balcony insulation