2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Advantages of aerosol paint for ceramic coatings
- Work order
- A selection of videos how and what to paint the tiles in the bathroom
There are situations when you want a neat bath and you don't have enough time and money for a complete renovation. In this case, there is a way out to repaint the ceramic tiles in the bathroom. In this case, it is not worth making a complete repair, knocking down a completely whole tile, it is enough just to repaint the tile with a special paint. You can do the same if you need to slightly refresh the interior of the bathroom or update the work wall in the kitchen.
To paint ceramic tiles you will need:
- hard brush;
- solvent to degrease the surface;
- paint for ceramic tiles;
- brushes and rollers;
Advantages of aerosol paint for ceramic coatings
Easy to apply. Thanks to the aerosol can, the paint spreads quickly and easily to the surface: just shake well
a can of paint for 20-30 seconds and spray its contents from a distance of 20-25 cm from the surface with smooth, even movements. This simple rule will help to avoid unwanted streaks and, as a result, get a smooth, beautiful surface.
- Dries quickly. Having painted ceramic tiles at home today, in a day you will already be able to operate the renovated object.
- Reliable. A durable coating will serve faithfully for at least 5-7 years, especially if you have used epoxy paint.
- Economical. Thanks to the aerosol can, spray paint is more economical to use than the can version.
- Gives a perfectly smooth surface!
- Equip yourself with a stiff brush and cleaning agent to thoroughly clean the ceramic tiles and the joints between them. Then take fine sandpaper and wrap a block of wood with it. With this tool, start sanding old tiles, checking the surface texture from time to time. When your fingers feel a slight roughness and the feeling of smooth sliding disappears, stop working.
Remove abrasive dust with a clean, dry brush or cloth. Degrease the surface with a special compound, pay special attention to the seams between the tiles - it is in them that grease and dirt accumulate. When the prepared tile is dry, treat it with a primer.
- This product must be highly penetrating and moisture resistant. You should choose it in specialized stores with a wide range of products in order to buy exactly what you need. Due to an unsuitable primer, work will have to start over after a while.
- In the same place, pick up a paint that will stick well in the humid atmosphere of the bathroom or kitchen. Especially for these premises, water-dispersion latex paints are produced, which can withstand repeated cleaning of their surface with a mild detergent (about 1000 times).
- Apply several thin coats of paint using a small foam roller. A thin layer lays down more evenly than a thick one and provides better adhesion to the tile material. Wait until the previous coat is completely dry before applying the next one. Paint over areas where the roller does not penetrate with a paint brush.
The period for which the paint layer dries is usually indicated on the can, strictly follow the instructions. To get a smooth surface of ceramic tiles without streaks, you will need to apply 2-3 thin coats of new paint.
A selection of videos how and what to paint the tiles in the bathroom
It is possible to make minor repairs to the shower cabin and repair the mixer cartridge, to restore the pallet on your own is possible and at home with your own hands
How To Put Tiles In The Bathroom On The Floor And Walls Correctly, Video. Do-it-yourself Ceramic And Tiled Tile Laying Technology
A detailed video review on laying tiles on the floor with your own hands, tips and instructions from tiling specialists will help you lay tiles quickly and efficiently
Finding And Repairing Damage To The Roof Tiles Made Of Ceramic Or Sand-cement Tiles - How To Do It Yourself
Repair of a tiled roof of a house yourself, stages of roof restoration. Replacement of elements, repair of roof waterproofing and rafter reinforcement. Elimination of damage and leaking roofing
Tips For Laying Ceramic Tiles On Walls And Floors. Advantages Of Ceramic Tiles, Tips For Choosing, Secrets. Surface Preparation For Tiles
Tabletop tips for laying ceramic tiles, the secrets of craftsmanship. Getting ready for tiling: 5 useful tips The advantages of ceramic tiles are obvious: being one of the most ancient materials used in decoration, tiles are an environmentally friendly product, durable, unpretentious in maintenance, waterproof, relatively inexpensive, presented in a large assortment. Consider a few tips for tiling with ceramic tiles, advantages, tips for choosing how to cut correctly
Is it worth repairing an old bathtub or is it cheaper to buy a new one. Methods for restoring an old cast iron or acrylic bathtub. The best way to restore: liquid acrylic, enamel, liners. Is it possible to make repairs yourself at home. Review of prices and ways to renovate an old bathroom