2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- The principle of operation of anti-burglar fittings
- Methods for choosing protective fittings
- How to understand product classes?
- Assembly of a burglar-proof plastic window
- How are the main elements located?
Burglar-proof windows are a relevant product, especially for residents of private households, apartments, which can be reached from the ground or roof. Grilles are not always acceptable, since they do not look aesthetically pleasing, do not meet fire safety standards, and create certain problems during window operation. The protected window does not differ externally from the usual design, does not create problems during use, while being able to reliably secure the house.
The principle of operation of anti-burglar fittings
Burglar-proof hardware for plastic windows has a number of features that make the window inaccessible to burglars. The locking mechanism of the protected window differs from the standard one in shape, size, strength. It will not be possible to open it in a few minutes, and the criminal will not break the glass, since the noise will attract the attention of others.
Burglar-resistant hardware for plastic windows differs from the usual one in the following elements:
The presence of mushroom pins. These parts are capable of withstanding loads in excess of one ton.
- A protected window has more than 5 locking points, while a regular window has only one.
- The hinges and strikers are made of high-strength steel, the fittings cannot be moved, since the pin does not enter the bar directly, but at different angles.
- The frame is equipped with special hooks made of alloy steel. Regular windows are fitted with aluminum hooks, which are softer and less durable.
- The locking mechanism of the handle has a special protective plate that will not allow drilling the lock from the outside.
Methods for choosing protective fittings
Burglar-proof hardware for plastic windows is a set of mechanisms for locking the window structure. Kits can be different, include or not include certain elements, have different classes of degrees of protection.
Advice: if you want to get high-quality burglar-proof windows that can repel a professional criminal, you should not save on fittings, because the safety of your property depends on its strength. Quality items cannot be too cheap.
How to understand product classes?
In fact, there is nothing difficult in choosing a class of fittings. It is enough to study the notation:
- WK1 - 1st grade. This anti-burglar hardware is equipped with striking plates at the corners, mushroom pins that can be adjusted in height. The window of such a system cannot be squeezed out, since it is pressed against the frame from four sides. Knocking out the window with your foot or hand will not work, drill out too because of the protective strip on the handle.
- WK2 - Grade 2. The sash of such a window is equipped with additional pins, therefore, it can withstand stronger loads of mechanical origin. Such a window can no longer be broken with an elementary tool.
- WK3 - Grade 3. In addition to the fittings inherent in the first two classes, burglar-proof windows of the third class are equipped with pins on the corner switch of the mechanism called scissors. This makes it possible to protect the window from breaking with a crowbar or pry bar.
Tip: when choosing fittings, pay attention to the quality mark. The RAL mark means that the product has been tested and obtained a high safety mark.
Assembly of a burglar-proof plastic window
Burglar-resistant plastic windows do not have to be ordered from the manufacturer; in some cases, it is enough to replace the fittings on the window you already have and turn it into a secure one. This approach will help to avoid unnecessary costs and inconveniences associated with replacing the window unit.
Advice: a complete replacement of a window profile is considered more effective, since burglar-proof plastic windows, as a rule, have a reinforced profile and are equipped with stronger glass, which is much more difficult to break.
Using an existing double-glazed unit, you will first need to purchase fittings of the safety class that you consider suitable. As a rule, the kit comes with detailed installation instructions. The installation procedure is usually as follows:
- The old glass unit is removed and more durable glass is installed in the frame. Another option - a protective film is glued to the already existing surfaces, it can be transparent or tinted.
- Before purchasing a new transom, check the manufacturer of the old one. The fact is that the mounting holes for different manufacturers do not match, and transoms from other companies may not fit.
- You won't be able to buy protective accessories just like that, they are made to order. You need to contact specialized companies or manufacturers of plastic windows. Pay attention to the dimensions of your hardware, the new one must strictly correspond to them.
- When you already have the hardware, remove the protective caps from the window and remove the sash from the frame. This will require disassembling and hinges. They are held on pins, so there is no need to completely unscrew the loop itself.
- To remove the sash, the handle must be placed in a horizontal position, tilt the sash towards you.
- Remove the old hardware and replace it with a new one using the instructions from the purchased one.
Advice: the new fittings are put in the same places as the old ones. In order not to confuse anything, take pictures of the stages of parsing the window or make sketches on paper.
How are the main elements located?
Burglary window fittings must be assembled in the following order:
- Before starting work, determine in advance the places where the mechanisms will dock.
- Installation begins with the installation of corner locks, after which other structural elements are installed.
- Secure the main drive. It can only be fixed in the open position, if the length of the additional rail is too long, it can be shortened.
- After the structure is assembled, all moving elements should be lubricated with a special grease for window fittings.
Conclusion: anti-burglar fittings for windows are an excellent solution that can protect your property. This is an externally invisible element that can be installed even on an old window, thus turning it into a protected one.
Why do plastic windows sweat and cry - what to do in such cases, how to eliminate the causes? Correct organization of air flow and reduction of humidity in the room
As a rule, wooden windows have always been considered and still remain the most beautiful and high quality windows among such a wide range on the market. It goes without saying that now completely different technologies are used in the manufacture of wooden windows and the quality obtained as a result cannot be compared with the quality of those windows that were installed in our houses 15 - 20 years ago. Accordingly, after so many years, old wooden windows will need to be replaced
How To Choose Plastic Windows Correctly. What Is Better To Buy PVC Windows, Profile Slidors (slidors)
Ways to decide on the choice of plastic windows important tips which are better to buy PVC windows and choosing window frames made of plastic, by different companies
Plastic windows with stained-glass windows will make your room special. The use of film stained glass and other technologies to create a special interior
Why do metal-plastic windows sweat? Quite common life situations are fogging of glasses when leaving the room, glass in the bathroom or windows in the apartment. Condensation is a problem that millions of people face. It is quite easy to identify the cause of this phenomenon if you consider several options. The main reasons for the appearance of condensation on metal-plastic windows, i.e. fogging are two factors - humidity and temperature. It is the change