2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
Quite often, a major overhaul of an apartment is accompanied by redevelopment and, as a result, the transfer of interior doors. In such cases, it becomes necessary to close up old doorways. How to close the doorway yourself?
To close the doorway you need:
- building mixture;
- Decoration Materials
- Select material. You should be aware that it is recommended to close doorways with materials identical in their properties to those used in the wall construction. For example, it is recommended to close a doorway in a brick wall with brickwork. A simple option is to create a drywall structure.
- Prepare the opening. Dismantle the door frame. Remove plaster all around the opening, about 15 cm from the edges. To preserve the ligation of the masonry, it is necessary to cut down half of the bricks located in each 4th row.
Place the bricks on top of the mortar. Wait until it hardens and apply the first coat of plaster. Make
finishing. Install the skirting boards.
- An equally common way to decorate a doorway is to arrange a niche. Dismantle the door frame. Fill the opening with brickwork, but lay it not flush with the wall, but slightly deepening. Decorate the niche in the same way as the walls in contact with it. Make shelves. Conduct backlighting.
- An alternative way to decorate an old doorway is to install a false door. With this finishing option, it is necessary to preserve the door frame and door leaf. Block the opening with brickwork. Close the door and lock it firmly in this position. The outer plane of a blind door can be used, for example, as a drawing board.
- Another option than to close the doorway is to create a small built-in wardrobe. For these purposes, it is necessary to make the laying even deeper than in the previous versions. The door frame remains in place. Install the shelves in the resulting recess, along the entire height of the doorway. Hang the door with glass. Such a cabinet can be used both in the kitchen - for storing spices or dishes, and in the room - for books or any little things.
Details about which partitions are better for walls in an apartment in terms of properties and sound insulation.
Ten tips on how to paint a high-quality ceiling and prevent glare and stains after painting the ceiling. Methods for correcting paint defects and getting rid of streaks
What Is Ecowool And How Much Insulation Is Needed To Insulate A House And What Are The Pros And Cons
The material has good heat and sound insulation, the advantages are the cost and speed of application in one day (video). Make a quick calculation of the insulation calculator
Interpretation Of Designations And Markings Of Gypsum Plasterboard Sheets, Brands And Sizes Of Drywall And Profile
Varieties of drywall sheets by type and characteristics. Advantages and disadvantages of the material and which one is better to use. Table and names of profiles of posts and rails
In winter, a common problem is freezing roller shutters or a lock. What to do and how to open frozen roller shutters. Situations are possible when the shutters are already open, and the frozen lock does not allow them to close
How to get rid of cracks and chips in the wall and repair a hole in the drywall yourself, repair methods using improvised materials to putty damage