2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Stand selection rules
- Stand options
- Single rack
- DIY flower stand
When organizing home gardening, you can implement many design ideas. Plants can be placed on walls or floor racks, but it is better to use flower stands on the windowsill - this way flowers will not only decorate the room, but will also be provided with the maximum amount of light. What stands can I choose?
Stand selection rules
In order for flowers to effectively fulfill their decorative function, it is important to choose the right accessories. The choice of the type of stand is based on the purpose for which it will be used:
- If you need to create a general composition of plants of different types, a spacer stand is suitable, the shelves of which are located at different heights and differ in size. It will allow you to beautifully arrange any set of flower pots.
- If you need to arrange the entire window area without too much reducing the insolation of the room, you should choose a flower stand on the windowsill in the form of a double-sided shelf. It will frame the window opening with a green frame, leaving the central part of the glass open.
- A shelf with wide shelves will be the best choice if you need to place the seedlings on the windowsill. It will allow you to arrange a large number of pots and give young plants a lot of light.
- Single planters are suitable if there are few flower pots.
The main selection criterion will be aesthetics - it is better to buy an accessory that you liked at first sight than a more functional, but less attractive one.
Different models of window stands for flowers have their own design features, differ in shape and size. They can be made of different materials, supplemented with lighting, and accommodate a different number of plants. Some options can be done by hand.
Whatnot is the simplest type of stands, which is a set of shelves that allow you to arrange flowers in any order. It can be somewhat cumbersome, but due to the variety of designs, it makes it possible to implement any design ideas.
Such options for whatnots are common:
- Pyramidal flower stand on the window. It has a triangular projection - the widest shelves are located below, and narrow ones on top.
- Inverted pyramid. In this case, the wider part is at the top. Its supports are a ladder on which additional plants can be placed. Due to its downward-tapering shape, the inverted pyramid does not block the view from the window.
- Rectangular. It consists of two vertical supports to which horizontal shelves are attached. The easiest way to make such a structure is to do it yourself, preferably from glass, so as not to restrict the passage of light.
Forged models can have a complex curved and even closed in a ring shape.
A spacer is a stand for flowers under a window, which is a vertical support, around which shelves for pots with plants are located in a spiral. This is the most compact and elegant option that allows you to make a beautiful frame for the window opening. Shelves can be wooden, glass or steel in the form of rings.
Single racks, or planters, are purely decorative accessories designed to decorate individual pots. Many plants cannot be placed on such a stand, but it will be an excellent addition to the interior if there are few flowers in the house.
DIY flower stand
A do-it-yourself flower stand on the windowsill is made in any version from scrap materials. The easiest way is to make a pots in the form of a basket - for this you need to cut out the vertical supports and a stand from boards (for example, MDF), connect the elements with self-tapping screws and wind the walls from thick threads. The shape of the basket can be round or rectangular, the sizes can be made according to the number of plants.
The shelving unit can be made suspended. To do this, you need to take several boards or rectangular glass shelves, drill four holes in them - two from each end edge, and then pass a strong twine through the holes. To hold the shelves, after passing through each of them, the rope must be tied in a large knot and metal washers must be used. The top ends of the ropes are then attached to anchors in the wall above the window.
A simple and original stand on the windowsill for flowers with your own hands in the form of a spacer can be made from plastic cans, baby buckets or halves of bottles. The construction will be based on a long metal pin. A wooden board is attached to one of its ends, which is necessary to give stability to the accessory. Then holes are drilled in the bottoms of the cans into which the support is threaded. The banks will hold on to each other, so additional fasteners are not needed.
Thanks to the rich variety of window stands for plants, landscaping at home can become not only useful, but also a beautiful addition to the interior.
A two-level plasterboard ceiling with LED lighting: diagrams and drawings of the frame device and step-by-step installation instructions. Photos of beautiful ceilings using side illumination of various forms of gypsum plasterboard ceilings
Bathroom in black and white. Designer tips for the interior of a black and white bathroom, how to choose the right furniture and arrange lighting in a stylish and elegant way
Beautiful original options to lay tiles on the floor with a photo. The best ways of laying ceramic tiles on the floor and laying technologies; diamond, diagonal and offset
How To Choose A Design For An Apartment And Decorate A Beautiful Interior For An Apartment Methods And Advice
Options and ways to decorate an apartment with your own hands, an overview of styles and decorative decorations that will help you decorate your future home on your own. Photo and video of apartment interiors
Before choosing a convenient toilet, you should familiarize yourself with all the parameters and find out what structures are, how they differ. How to choose a good toilet - an overview and comparison of models for fasteners, water supply, bowl shape and type of drain